Sigh...dd has H1N1 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 02-12-2010, 09:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just when we thought it was over! And the kicker is, she got the vaccine months ago, but only one dose. Her dr never even mentioned a second dose. I didn't get vaxed bc I figured I'd only get it from her. Now we will both be taking tamiflu, just in case. My poor baby is miserable. The flu and double ear Infections, fever up to 104. It's awful seeing her so sick

so if I do get it, how bad will it really be? Anyone have it while pg?

Amy (34): mommy to DD1 (11/07) and DD2 (7/10), wife, wohm, and wannabe suburban homesteader.
#2 of 7 Old 02-12-2010, 10:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My DD and I just got over it a week ago. Well, they think we had it, we were never tested. It sucked, but it wasn't that bad.

We took Yin Chiao (Chinese herb) and it worked great.

Elizabeth - Doing life with Scott partners.gif

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png
adoptionheart-1.gif  Follow our journey  mdcblog5.gif

#3 of 7 Old 02-12-2010, 10:29 PM

Yup we had it. I had it right at the beginning of my pregnancy. The worst part about it for me was just how long it lasted. It was weird. It would go in stages. Like one day I would be bed ridden with a high fever. Than the next day I would have cold symptoms. Then 3 days later a fever again, and then a stomach thing. I think the best thing you can do is just get lots of rest, stay hydrated, take some extra vitamins. Everyone is effected by it differently, so it's hard to say how your body will handle it.

I hope you are all feeling well very soon. It's no fun being sick Hang in there.

Happily unmarried to DP guitar.gifParenting: DD (March '06) energy.gifwaterbirth.jpg, DS (August '10) fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg, and our furry kids dog2.gifGuiney Pig, dog2.gifPo the POlice, and cat.gifMrs. Puff. Loving WAHM life in the Mortgage Bizz with DP.

#4 of 7 Old 02-13-2010, 03:38 AM

Oh that stinks. We had it but it was right before I got pg. For us, the high fever/chills was the worst and averaged about 36 hours then dropped down, then went away and the cough and cold syptoms started. Thankfully we never got a stomach part. It does suck in the beginning but it wasn't any worse than the regular flu we got the year before. Hope you all get better soon!

Lisa, mama to A (3/05) and R (11/07) and L (8/10)
#5 of 7 Old 02-13-2010, 03:55 AM

Im so sorry your DD got it. Poor girl. Just wondering though, if you could wait to see if you get it and then take the Tamiflu. When I was talking to my doctor about TTC and since she knows I work at the hospital as a doula, she gave me a prescription for Tamiflu because I wasn't getting the vaccine. She told me not to take it unless I developed symptoms. That was even if DH or DD got it. I'm not sure of its safety during pregnancy. Not everyone who is exposed develops symptoms and its really not anymore more dangerous at this point in your pregnancy. It only causes more problems later on, due to the already diminished lung capacity.

Anyways, not trying to tell you what to do. Just passing on what my doctor told me Hopefully you don't get it and your daughter gets over it quickly.

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#6 of 7 Old 02-13-2010, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the sympathy and empathy, mamas. DD is already so much better this morning. Her fever broke overnight and she seems more like herself today. It may be the calm before the next storm, but for now, it seems the worst is over.

Trimesterdoula, I don't love the idea of taking the tamiflu, but my CNM was pretty adamant about it, and I'm trusting her. With such close contact btw me and dd ( we slept together last night) it's pretty certain I would get it. Also, I'm a wohm and can't afford that many sick days. Maybe I won't take the whole course if I seem fine in a few days. It's a tough call.

Amy (34): mommy to DD1 (11/07) and DD2 (7/10), wife, wohm, and wannabe suburban homesteader.
#7 of 7 Old 02-13-2010, 12:07 PM

It is a tough call. You have to do what you think is best If you CNM says its ok, it probably is.

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page