Losing my milk - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 02-13-2010, 01:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
It's really leaving...not just dropping in amount. Tonight before bed DD nursed for a little bit on one side, then switched sides. She broke away after trying for a while and signing, "help" . I asked her if there was no milk and she shook her head no, snuggled in, and gave me a hug. I'm ok with her weaning I suppose, but it's just so sad to have it possibly actually happening. She's still so little.

Elizabeth - Doing life with Scott partners.gif

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png
adoptionheart-1.gif  Follow our journey  mdcblog5.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 02-13-2010, 02:07 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh Momma, I'm so sorry. My DD has been less communicative than yours about my milk situation, but I'm pretty sure we're in the same place. It feels really rotten to have that choice made for her and not by her. I'm sure both of our girls will be ok with a little extra love, but take care of your own heart.

Veggie, babywearing, cloth diapering, lactivist, intactivist, 2x HBAC, non-vaccing nurse and doula, wife of my babies' sweet Dada, Momma of 3 with another coming mid summer.

#3 of 8 Old 02-13-2010, 10:58 AM

If you're interested motherlove makes a tincture called more milk two. I have been using it with success (as in I can tell a definite difference in supply when i forget to take it)

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone
#4 of 8 Old 02-13-2010, 11:26 AM

Hugs mama. My youngest is noticing that my milk is much less. If it goes the way it went with my oldest, my milk will be totally gone in a few weeks. You can still dry nurse though for comfort, which is what I did. He didn't seem to mind and was ecstatic when colostrum came in later and he was getting something again.

Michelle , wife to Ray, mama to Anthony(12/20/05), Bryant(01/08), Carisma (08/21/10) , step ma to Amber(12/13/94), : :
#5 of 8 Old 02-13-2010, 12:42 PM

That started happening to me around 4 months pregnant with my second daughter...and also nursing just became almost intolerable for some reason...she was around 2 years old and made the transition better than I thought she would and all turned out fine. (hugs)

Danielle, 29, wife to Manuel, mom to Ariana (6), Ivy (4), and one , expecting again! EDD 8/29
#6 of 8 Old 02-14-2010, 06:05 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
My milk is dropping really low but my daughter thinks it is fine to dry nurse. Personally I'm having to grit my teeth and I think I have managed to crack a tooth I am clenching my jaw so hard.

My advice may not be appropriate for you. That's ok. You are just fine how you are and I am the right kind of me.

#7 of 8 Old 02-14-2010, 06:10 PM

My milk has been gone since about 8 weeks. It's sad, DS only comfort nurses at bedtime or naptime occasionally..(if he naps, that is).

I know how you feel mama! I was not ready for it to happen either.

Carrie - Christian, tandem nursing, knittin' mommy to my two little intact, cloth diapered, vax free boys CJ 4-4-08 and squishy Camden born at home 8-3-10!
#8 of 8 Old 02-14-2010, 07:00 PM

My milk has dropped to almost nothing, but DS doesn't seem too bothered by it. He's still happily nursing. I had actually hoped that he might quit at night, but that hasn't happened yet.

Mama to DS1 (2/08) and DS2 (9/10).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page