Weekly Chat Thread - Feb 14-20th - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-19-2010, 06:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Whoo Hoo!! First day since mid November that I feel good and seem to have lots of energy. Welcome in second trimester..without the flu!!! Yeah! Finally! Clean house here I come!!! I have had the sinus flu for about a week. Still recovering a little...but if I feel this way the whole time it will be great! Oh to feel good again. I got my steamer out and started sanitizing everything. My floors and kitchen look great!

I get my ultrasound on Wednesday, March 3rd. We TTC'd for a girl...shettles method. Hoping for a girl..expecting a boy. I am also a uc'er. We are paying for one of those cool 3D-4D sessions. I have a girl and 3 boys we are getting the ultrasound because my daughter wants a sister so bad...go figure she is 13. Her opinion is that she still gets to spoil her and do girly things. We figure it gives her time to warm up to the baby if it is a boy.

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2010, 08:10 PM

I had my first prenatal today! I've already heard the heartbeat on my own doppler but it was nice to reach this milestone...just one more thing that makes it seem more real. Everything looks good. I'll get my ultrasound appt at my next prenatal, so it will end up being around 20 weeks I think. God help my impatience. LOL

I too eat crappier during pregnancy....I've been craving doughnuts (though sometimes I splurge and buy the healthier ones from the natural foods co-op) and candy (including chocolate of course). I also eat way too much fast food because when I'm out I always need something to eat. When farmer's market starts back up again this summer and they have the Amish people there with their pies and and cookies....watch out! LOL

Danielle, 29, wife to Manuel, mom to Ariana (6), Ivy (4), and one , expecting again! EDD 8/29
Old 02-19-2010, 09:07 PM

All you people with your food cravings make me jealous. I haven't felt hungry for months, and nothing ever looks good. I'm hoping that fades soon.

As for being unprepared for baby -- well, we actually were in that I hadn't thought to buy any baby wipes. Thank goodness my mom came to see the baby the next day and asked if she could buy anything. The meconium was making a mess of my washcloths!

I love the Olympics too, and I'm glad of the distraction. For a variety of reasons we arn't getting our U/S until the end of March, so that is a long time to wait. But I've popped for sure and people have started to notice. So I guess it's all finally starting to feel real. Next step -- picking a name.

CD'ing, homebirthing, milk making school teacher. Supporting my family on my income and trying to get out of debt in 2013!

User Tag List