Plum juice - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-17-2010, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Like many of you, I've been more than a little "stuck" lately, if you know what I mean. In the last couple of weeks, I have been happy to achieve a regularity of about 2 trips a week to the throne. About 3 weeks ago I saw an ad for Sunsweet's "PlumSmart for Digestive Health" It showed happy people frolicking around in the sun, so instead of hearing "prune juice" and thinking "nursing home" it actually sounded pretty good.

So the next day I bought a jug of it. And it sat on my counter for 3 weeks. Yesterday my husband asked what it was, and if I was ever going to drink it. Somehow, I'd started thinking about nursing homes, and not happy frolicking people. I bit the bullet and had a nice big mug this morning. It was actually pretty good - it tasted like the grape juice I made last fall from our grapes, spiced with a little cinnamon. I heated it up and drank it warm. I was shocked to discover that even though I'd just made my biweekly trip to the throne last night, 2 hours after drinking the plum juice, I was making another visit. This was the first back-to-back visit I'd made in over 2 months!

I'm not usually in the habit of promoting brands of food, but this tasted good, and actually worked!

I'm going to go frolic in the snow now...

Loving being a stay at home mamma to DD 10/07, and newly arrived DS 7/26/10
#2 of 5 Old 02-17-2010, 03:33 PM
LZP

I was just thinking about this yesterday morning! Earlier in the week, I resorted to my old stand-by of what I call "cloudy" apple juice- the kind that's pressed and I guess unfiltered, but still pasteurized. It was delicious- I had to water it down, but it too did the trick!! (it was Simply Apple for those who are curious) Maybe a little too well, actually. I'll probably do 1 part juice to 3 parts water in the future.

Also, I've been adding a splash of real 100% unsweetened cranberry juice to my water to make it more palatable (thanks to another MDC mama for that suggestion!) and it helps keep things "moving" a little better than they were...

this will be a long road if we have to keep doing this!!!

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#3 of 5 Old 02-17-2010, 06:12 PM

Good to know! Thanks so much girls! I, too, have been having only a trip or two a week and it is bothering me. I won't start Floradix for another 6 weeks or so and that helps me go regularly but for the time being I don't need the extra iron.

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#4 of 5 Old 02-17-2010, 09:00 PM

Thanks for the tip! I've only been making weekly trips, I'm going to have to try both of these!

Wife to 8/07, SAHM to DS1 12/08 & DS2 7/10
#5 of 5 Old 02-17-2010, 11:44 PM

I use magnesium. I like Natural Vitality's Natural Calm. It's also great if you're stressed or having anxiety.

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page