2nd trimester bleeding - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 02-17-2010, 11:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
this morning i woke up bleeding...like major bleeding. i went to the e.r. and they checked out the baby. i got to see the baby moving around on the u/s and i got to hear the heartbeat but the said that its still up in the air. im still bleeding and im starting to feel a little crampy like menstrual cramps and im getting nauseous. so i'm probably going to go back to the e.r. if it gets worse. i just ask that yall keep me in your prayers. i also wanted to know if any of you have experienced anything similar?

Kelsey, married to a U.S. Soldier, expecting our first baby (due August 9th.)
#2 of 10 Old 02-18-2010, 02:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Akgrown,

You are most certainly in my prayers. I'm sure this is a very difficult time for you! I know many mama's who have had their share of bleeding throughout a pregnancy and done well! It's just not OK for a mama to have to worry like that!

Please keep us posted, and you take care.

Blessed Christian Wife and Homeschooling Mother to 8 with blessing #9 and #10 due to arrive April 2015

#3 of 10 Old 02-18-2010, 03:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Did they mention subchorionic hemorrhage? It's when there's a blood clot behind the placenta that often dissolves in the 1-2 trimester. It can cause a lot of bleeding and there is a chance of m/c, but it's far from inevitable. That may be what's causing the bleeding???

I will be praying for you.

Elizabeth - Doing life with Scott partners.gif

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png
adoptionheart-1.gif  Follow our journey  mdcblog5.gif

#4 of 10 Old 02-18-2010, 03:37 PM

A sch causes bleeding, as can a fibroid, or polyps. Have you had any contact with your cervix....sex, checking yourself? That can cause bleeding too.

The blood is an irritant so even bleeding from a non-threatening source can cause it.

Cindy, joyful SAH mama to rainbow1284.gif William & Katherinefly-by-nursing2.gif Forever missing Amelia 7-12-09 angel3.gif  signcirc1.gifsaynovax.giflactivist.gif Ask me about my natural cesarean! 

#5 of 10 Old 02-18-2010, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

I haven't been giving the "baby maker" any attention, my husband is deployed and the thought of going near it just doesn't sound appealing, haha. The checked my cervix at the E.R. and they said that it was closed so that's good. They said if I start bleeding heavily again, I notice any tissue, or start to cramp I should go back but so far none of that has happened. Thanks for replying girls, it made me feel better I will definitely keep you all posted.

Kelsey, married to a U.S. Soldier, expecting our first baby (due August 9th.)
#6 of 10 Old 02-18-2010, 04:19 PM

good to hear that your cervix is closed tight!
here's to only more good news.
do keep us posted.
#7 of 10 Old 02-18-2010, 04:40 PM

Just wanted to tell you that I will be thinking of you and offer you some hugs. The other girls here have covered pretty much everything. Bleeding in the second trimester rarely results in anything bad. I hope it stops for you soon so you can feel better and get back to enjoying the rest of your pregnancy.

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#8 of 10 Old 02-18-2010, 07:39 PM

Hi akgrown. I can totally relate. At almost 12 weeks I woke up in the middle of the night cause it felt like I was peeing myself and lo and behold it was blood. Needless to say, I FREAKED out. We had an u/s the next day and the baby was completely fine. I am now over 14 weeks and I still have brown spotting - every single day. Its not red blood, but it is very, very dark brown and it covers the TP when I wipe (although it barely makes it to the pantyliner).

The baby has been checked multiple times in the past couple of weeks (via u/s and doppler) and everything seems to be okay. The Dr cannot tell me why I'm spotting and they can't tell where the blood is coming from or when it will stop. I am terribly worried - everyday - but it does seem as though this just happens to some women in the 2nd tri. There is even another mama here in this ddc that was/is having the same issue. It seems like (and I'm praying this is true) that the bleeding most often resolves itself without any harm to the baby. I am at least proof that bleeding can happen for several weeks and the baby can still be okay.

Hang in there. Stay off your feet if you can - it seems at least to help me. Thinking of you and sending you many good thoughts.
#9 of 10 Old 02-20-2010, 04:21 PM

I had some significant red bleeding twice between 12 and 13 weeks. Ultrasound said the baby was fine, placenta was up and out of the way, and my cervix looked fine. This week (14-15 weeks) I've had brown spotting consistently since Tuesday. Baby's heart is still beating away and cervix was fine (no u/s this time). My CNM's theory is that I have an internal cervical polyp that isn't visible, but is easily irritated. I never bled at all with my first two pregnancies so it's freaked me out, but apparently things are okay.

Mama to Peter (3/8/04), Leo (3/12/06), Timothy (7/24/10), and boy #4 due on the summer solstice 2014
#10 of 10 Old 02-20-2010, 09:38 PM

I wanted to add too that a SCH can be missed by ultrasound. For all those mystery bleeds.

Cindy, joyful SAH mama to rainbow1284.gif William & Katherinefly-by-nursing2.gif Forever missing Amelia 7-12-09 angel3.gif  signcirc1.gifsaynovax.giflactivist.gif Ask me about my natural cesarean! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page