Anyone REALLY want a boy/girl? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 54 Old 02-23-2010, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by limette View Post
My girls are like this but it's because they take after their dad he is a silly, goofy, actor who loves to be the center of attention. When people meet the girls they just laugh because they are so much like him and then they look at me with mock pity.

DD1 used to call dd2 "puppy" and make her pretend to be a dog. If anyone asked her sister's name, she'd pipe in with "oh that's puppy".
We call DS2 puppy now too. lol

It's funny, we have friends with two girls and a baby boy, when they come over, it's amazing to see the noise level automatically decrease, largely because the girls are taking the boys off to different parts of the house to play. The older two drag everything they can into my closet for camping. The younger two *shudder* well lets just say, that this little girl in particular destroys any stereotype of girls being sweet, well behaved little creatures. She and DS2 quietly wander off to look for trouble. Last time it involved the toilet. Ick.

So maybe I should hope for a boy. lol

Don't trust anyone under 5! Mom to 3 boys under 5. Blogging to save my sanity.
#32 of 54 Old 02-23-2010, 06:15 PM

Hmm, maybe I should too! A boy might be a nice change of pace. If only I could come up with a name. I've looked at hundreds but don't like any of them.

Of course now I'm convinced I'm having a boy.
#33 of 54 Old 02-23-2010, 08:14 PM

Wow, I'm surprised my post got quite a few responses.
Well, looking back, I hope I didn't come across as being sexist. I guess what I meant to say is my DD is for the most part calm and has been an easy to care for baby/toddler, and in the end it doesn't matter if this one is a boy or a girl, I only hope we are just as lucky to have an easy baby.

Cherie: Ex-pat Mama in France to Chiara (Mar 08) and Adrian homebirth.jpg(Aug 2010) . cd.gifsewmachine.gif,winner.jpg
#34 of 54 Old 02-25-2010, 05:40 AM

Well, I am pretty sure it's a boy. I just US myself at work and My dream was right. I even think that the us pic is the same one from my dream. I have mixed feelings. Sad but glad I don't have to deal with periods.

**Meghan***Wife, Mother, L&D RN... DS Logan 9/05 DS Riley 05/07, and DS #3 Cian is here!!! 7/25 x3
#35 of 54 Old 02-25-2010, 05:56 AM

momongeon,
wow, you can us yourself at work? Sorry you are having mixed feelings. It's understandable. I'm sure they will work itself out by the time the birth comes or at the birth. Many people I know hoped for one or the other and got the "wrong" sex, only to be relieved after the birth (or sooner) that they didn't get what they originally hoped for.

Cherie: Ex-pat Mama in France to Chiara (Mar 08) and Adrian homebirth.jpg(Aug 2010) . cd.gifsewmachine.gif,winner.jpg
#36 of 54 Old 02-25-2010, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter
MJB

Oh Meghan, I'm sorry.
#37 of 54 Old 02-25-2010, 04:41 PM

It sounds horrible but I went home after work and sobbed. I am happy I'm having another healthy boy but I am sad that I will never have a girl.

**Meghan***Wife, Mother, L&D RN... DS Logan 9/05 DS Riley 05/07, and DS #3 Cian is here!!! 7/25 x3
#38 of 54 Old 02-25-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momongeon View Post
It sounds horrible but I went home after work and sobbed. I am happy I'm having another healthy boy but I am sad that I will never have a girl.
I am sorry! I don't think it is horrible. We all know that you will not love your baby any less because it is a boy. It is ok to feel your feelings & be dissapointed for right now. It won't last.

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#39 of 54 Old 02-25-2010, 07:00 PM

DDC crashing to say I am SO glad to read all these responses! I've been feeling guilty for really wanting a second boy. We didn't find out gender at our u/s but I'm getting strong "girl vibes" from this baby. I always thought I'd be a good boy's mama, and when I had ds I found out I was a terrific boy's mama ! I'd love another boy.
I'm sure all the silly guilt I'm feeling and fear I have associated with raising a girl will evaporate when baby is in my arms- boy or girl!
#40 of 54 Old 02-25-2010, 07:58 PM

I too really, really, really wanted a girl. Badly. And we found out today that it is a boy. Of course, I'll be happy with a healthy baby and love him tons--but I'm dissapointed (definatley our last pregnancy). And I feel soooo guilty for being dissapointed! I'm so scared that it will be harder to bond with him b/c he's a boy (our other baby is a girl). I'm assuming that I shouldn't worry, that the bonding will come naturally--but I'm terrified!
#41 of 54 Old 02-28-2010, 10:08 PM

Hope I got these all right? I find out on Wednesday

seattlemamma-

limette-

lisalulu-

MJB-

autumnfairy76- or

Evie's Mama-

detroitgirl77-

AmyKT- or

matey-

LindsayK-

Dahlea- or

Joyster-

Taylah-

Jorona-

nlhousewifey-2girlbaby or &

momongeon-is having a

colleen2851-

somegirl99-

HaikuMommy-is having a

franjapany-

maciascl-

henny penny-

Finsmommy-is having a

boringscreenname-

meredyth0315-

*Jade*-

Nicole Starr- or

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

#42 of 54 Old 03-01-2010, 01:50 AM

I really want a girl, because this is going to be our last child, no ifs ands or buts. After this I am DONE with pregnancy. We already have a son so I'd like to have a girl. I'd be ok with a boy, because we already have boy stuff plus they could share a room, and have bunk beds and will be close in age, but we'd both still really like a girl.

Plus we've already agreed on a bunch of girls names, and I'd like to go shopping for girl stuff instead of boy stuff. My SIL is also really hoping this one is a girl because she has 3 sons and all of my co-workers want this to be a girl, because they've only heard of boys being born lately. I guess we'll find out in a couple weeks.
#43 of 54 Old 03-01-2010, 02:08 AM

I'm in the last baby boat, too. We have 3 boys, one loss, so this is my last chance and I would love to have a daughter. I say this with a great amount of guilt b/c all I want is healthy & here, and to have a preference just sounds so awful for me personally. But I have to say that I would always wonder what life would've been like if it's another boy for us. I'm of the mindset that I'm well prepared if we're blue again The big u/s is March 10th and I'm about to go out of my mind waiting!!! And I agree, boys are easy, but they are boisterous. I guess after 3 I'm used to it, we're the loud party house for kids, and everyone always wants to come here I'm also glad to see I'm not alone in my feelings - so a big thanks

Meredyth partners.gif Travis, Mama to my boys J, L, E & my girl B
Bella Rose is here 07/29/10!
Always missing my angel1.gif
#44 of 54 Old 03-01-2010, 04:30 AM

no results here yet. the doc was slightly irritating and measured baby 12 days ahead but coudln't recongnize anything specific yet... another month of waiting it is then...

Franziska , DW to )oi , SAHM to Noah 06/2008, Sophia 08/2010, and Junis 11/2012

#45 of 54 Old 03-01-2010, 04:50 AM

I want a girl I feel awful about it, because it's our first and not our last, and there's nothing wrong with boys, but I always pictured myself with a daughter. I know I'll love whoever is in there, but damn I feel guilty about it!

Mum to Quinn, Aug 14th 2010
#46 of 54 Old 03-01-2010, 08:53 AM

Husband wants a boy and I have a feeling it's a girl.

We'll find out within the month! Either way, we'll be ecstatic.

Nicole, wife to Sean, mother to Afton Reanne Evangeline, a natural birth at a hospital 8/17/2010 8lbs 9 oz 21 inches long.
#47 of 54 Old 03-01-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jade* View Post
I want a girl I feel awful about it, because it's our first and not our last, and there's nothing wrong with boys, but I always pictured myself with a daughter. I know I'll love whoever is in there, but damn I feel guilty about it!
I know how you feel. I love love love my boys - they're so awesome, really. But I think as a woman, we want a daughter, it's natural in a way, at least I think so. And this guilt sucks, really it does! I just think of the little dresses or doing her hair, you know the girly things I've yet had a chance to do and want to. I hope that you get your girl

#48 of 54 Old 03-01-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredyth0315 View Post
I'm in the last baby boat, too. We have 3 boys, one loss, so this is my last chance and I would love to have a daughter. I say this with a great amount of guilt b/c all I want is healthy & here, and to have a preference just sounds so awful for me personally.
I don't understand this point. When people say "I don't care what it is as long as the baby is healthy." Nobody is wishing for a sick child, it doesn't need to be said. Therefore you don't need to feel guilty over preferring a certain gender or not preferring a gender at all.
#49 of 54 Old 03-01-2010, 01:38 PM

I think it is okay to prefer one gender over the other. I have always wanted girls and ended up with 1 girl and 3 boys. I think it is great to find out before the babe is born if you do prefer one over the other for two reasons: the first is that if it is not what you hoped for you have time to grieve/mourn; second you have time to get used to the idea and then get excited about it. I would prefer to do this before the baby is born rather than at the time of birth because the disappointment would damper my birth a tad bit.

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

#50 of 54 Old 03-01-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limette View Post
I don't understand this point. When people say "I don't care what it is as long as the baby is healthy." Nobody is wishing for a sick child, it doesn't need to be said. Therefore you don't need to feel guilty over preferring a certain gender or not preferring a gender at all.
It doesn't have anything to do with a sick child, far from it. The point is that after losing a baby, for me, my mindset changed and just being grateful that the baby is here should be enough. And to prefer a gender just seems selfish when you know how painful it is to lose a baby, so yes, I do feel guilty in a sense. I understand that it seems silly or a non-issue to some people to worry about gender preference, but I'm of a different mindset, that's all.

#51 of 54 Old 03-01-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredyth0315 View Post
It doesn't have anything to do with a sick child, far from it. The point is that after losing a baby, for me, my mindset changed and just being grateful that the baby is here should be enough. And to prefer a gender just seems selfish when you know how painful it is to lose a baby, so yes, I do feel guilty in a sense. I understand that it seems silly or a non-issue to some people to worry about gender preference, but I'm of a different mindset, that's all.
I know exactly where you are coming from! I have hesitated posting here, because I feel so guilty even thinking that I *might* have a slight preference. This baby is a total miracle for us, and I just feel horrible thinking that a little part of me, no matter how little, wants a daughter.

If I have another boy, I will be in love happy over the moon not even the slightest bit disappointed, but there is a little part of me that's really hoping the baby is a girl... does that make any sense at all?

Nicki wife to Rich, Mama to 7 y/o DS, and a beautiful Princess Aug 2010
#52 of 54 Old 03-12-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somegirl99 View Post
DH would prefer a boy, I have no preference right now, we'd both be happy with either though. We'll find out in 2.5 weeks.
And...we're having a boy! Just found out yesterday.

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#53 of 54 Old 03-12-2010, 08:40 PM

Somegirl99~Congrats! I hope you don't mind I posted your results in the Gender results thread.

#54 of 54 Old 03-12-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlemamma View Post
Somegirl99~Congrats! I hope you don't mind I posted your results in the Gender results thread.
That's great, thanks!

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page