Horrible Taste? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-28-2010, 10:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anybody else have a gross bile-like taste pretty much all the time? The nausea is almost gone now, but I have this taste and it is driving me crazy! Tums don't help, nor does brushing. Sweet drinks help for a little while and it's not there while I am actually eating, but about 5 mins afterwards it's really bad. It' not there in the morning either but it gets so bad when I'm hungry that I have to go to the bathroom and spit. This is baby #3 for me and it's never happened before. Suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2010, 10:37 PM

YES! I want it to go away. I had it last time and was able to keep it at bay with eclipse gum but this time the baby really hates aspartame. The only thing that seems to work for a second is lemon juice, sipping tea, or eating, but as soon as that is cleared the awful taste is back.

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:14 PM

Yup!

Water isn't strong enough to mask it, so I've been adding lime juice to all my water. I chew lots of gum now, too. Not sure what the taste is, but it's rather annoying.

Old 03-01-2010, 01:26 AM

Mine only happens when burping, but it's so nasty.

Laurie & Dave having baby #1! Our SON is due 8/4/2010
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35* **40
Old 03-01-2010, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

I've read in a couple of places to rinse with baking soda and water. I'll let you know how that goes. Otherwise I've been sucking on orange slices which helps while I actually have one in my mouth. I hope it's something that will go away on its own soon.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:04 PM

DDCC

I'm 18 weeks 4 days, and have just stopped noticing that horrible taste in my mouth. Which hopefully means that it is gone for good. Prior to this nothing seemed to help, except maybe lemon water. One thing that seemed to go along with it is that nothing really satisfied my thirst. When I started drinking my pregnancy tea (RRL, nettles, alfalfa, rose hips, etc) my thirst finally seemed to be quenched, and I stopped noticing the bad taste. Not sure if this had anything to do with it...

Enjoying life with DH. Mom to one busy DS 11/06 two happy and someone new expected 7/30

User Tag List