WooHoo!! Feeling Baby Move From The OUTSIDE!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 30 Old 03-22-2010, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been feeling baby move for a long time already. A few weeks ago, things calmed down and I was lucky to feel the baby move once every couple/few days. Then last week, the baby started kicking up a storm and quite strong, I must say. Well between yesterday and today, I have felt the baby move from the OUTSIDE three or four times!!! This pregnancy is finally starting to feel real for me!!!

Who else has/is feeling their baby on the outside?

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#2 of 30 Old 03-22-2010, 10:57 AM

Oh my goodness, I'm so jealous! And you're due the day after me!!

I'm still only feeling slight movements at bed time. I can't wait until they are more regular and can be felt from the outside.

Congratulations on that wonderful movement!! Enjoy your strong, active baby!

Catholic homeschooling mom of two daughters and four sons... baby Mark born on 8/27/10. Kidney Disease Awareness
#3 of 30 Old 03-22-2010, 11:12 AM

I am jealous too!!! my son is chomping at the bit to feel the baby and i hate disappointing him! I am not even feeling it consistently from the inside lol

Nicki wife to Rich, Mama to 7 y/o DS, and a beautiful Princess Aug 2010
#4 of 30 Old 03-22-2010, 11:37 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
How cool! I'm very excited for your family..it's a neat time.

This anterior placenta of mine would have me worried if I didn't know better. I normally feel lots of movement fairly early on-with the exception of my first. This time, barely little pokes still...and quite random! I know there is only so long for that, though..eventually baby will be big enough to roll and jab me really hard!

Anyway, enjoy!

Blessed Christian Wife and Homeschooling Mother to 8: 17 (our 1st homeschool graduate!), 12, 11, 9, 5, 4, 2 and with blessing #9 and #10 due to arrive April 2015

#5 of 30 Old 03-22-2010, 11:51 AM

I've been feeling baby for weeks now. I started feeling movement early on, like 14 weeks. But that was just a sort of build up of energy, rolling, swooshing type movement. Now, it's very distinguishable. I can feel a build up of energy and then a kick, or a roll. I can tell the difference between the two and I also can tell where in my uterus babe is positions. He/she is kicking rather low usually. DP started being able to feel from the outside about a week or two ago. Now we have a nightly baby bonding time where he sits with his hand on my belly to feel. It's still hard for him, and he misses some, so when he does feel one he gets sooo excited....lol. Babe moves a LOT in the am, and then again in the evening. It feels like he/she is already trying to kick his way out...lol.

Happily unmarried to DP guitar.gifParenting: DD (March '06) energy.gifwaterbirth.jpg, DS (August '10) fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg, and our furry kids dog2.gifGuiney Pig, dog2.gifPo the POlice, and cat.gifMrs. Puff. Loving WAHM life in the Mortgage Bizz with DP.

#6 of 30 Old 03-22-2010, 12:05 PM
MJB

My husband was able to feel her kicking at 12 weeks. I feel her from the outside every day now, and the kids like to feel. I'm 21 weeks tomorrow, and I have an anterior placenta but her feet are lower down and the placenta is up high so she can still get me!
#7 of 30 Old 03-22-2010, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks girls. I'm sure it won't be long and you all will be feeling your baby a ton too.

I felt DD (first pg) very early on as well but never even really thought to try and feel her from the outside until about 20 weeks, and by then I could feel her really well. Had I thought to try earlier, I am sure I could have. I didn't expect to feel my babies early inside or out because I am a tad fluffy around the middle.

Yesterday while I was in the tub, I was staring at my belly because baby was moving and one of the kicks actually made my whole tummy move. I must have super strong little ones LOL.

Poor DH, though. I tried to get him to feel this baby a few times over the last couple days and either he can't feel it or the baby quits moving. Im sure it will happen for him soon enough though.

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#8 of 30 Old 03-22-2010, 12:19 PM

I started feeling it from the outside this weekend. A pretty good jab to the top of my uterus too. This baby is getting strong!

Crunchy Christian Wife and Mommy to awesome DH and DD1 (4/25/07) and DD2 (8/13/10)
#9 of 30 Old 03-22-2010, 12:26 PM

I'm feeling baby regularly inside, and try every so often to feel from the outside. I have a bit of padding in the way, for one thing. Then I'll feel something and think, OK, was that just my pulse or what? Who knows. It'll happen soon enough for us all!

Colleen (35) married to Brian (35) 11/06; DD Emilia 6/6/08; DS Breckin 8/2/10
#10 of 30 Old 03-22-2010, 05:07 PM
MJB

Yeah, I have absolutely no padding on my belly which is probably why my husband could feel her kick the first day I felt it myself. Of course he doesn't get to feel the wonderful kicks to the bladder, but otherwise, if she kicks towards the front/side of the uterus, anyone can feel it.
#11 of 30 Old 03-22-2010, 05:53 PM

I just started feeling our baby on the exterior this w/e too! It was so exciting for DH to feel him. I started feeling movement about a month ago, but it was very irregular, and I just found out that my placenta is anterior, so that explains it. But the movements have been more regular the past 4 days or so, which feels fantastic!

S, wife to M, missing my angel baby (May 2009) and just welcomed our son, D, 7 lbs 2 oz, 20.5".
#12 of 30 Old 03-22-2010, 08:53 PM

I am feeling external kicks now too. I felt this baby early for me inside, and this is early for me too.

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

#13 of 30 Old 03-23-2010, 01:57 AM

I've been able to feel kicks externally for maybe 2 weeks (since 17ish weeks?) but never more than 1 or 2 at a time. A week ago (18.5 weeks) I started feeling them repeated enough that I was able to have dh come over and feel them too. It's getting easier and easier -- I think I'll be able to have my kids feel it soon.

Edit for the haven't-felt-it-yet folks -- With my first, I didn't feel anything until 19+ weeks and even then wasn't sure if it was really the baby. The next week I started feeling big enough kicks that my husband felt them too. So maybe you too will skip right to the obvious whacks from inside!

Mama to Peter (3/8/04), Leo (3/12/06), Timothy (7/24/10), and boy #4 due on the summer solstice 2014
#14 of 30 Old 03-23-2010, 02:07 AM

I still can't feel anything!

Laurie & Dave having baby #1! Our SON is due 8/4/2010
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35* **40
#15 of 30 Old 03-23-2010, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylah View Post
I still can't feel anything!
Me neither!!

Mum to Quinn, Aug 14th 2010
#16 of 30 Old 03-23-2010, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

Awww, girls Im sorry you aren't feeling your babes. The good news is you WILL! Some of us, I think, may be more sensitive to it than others, physically. Hang in there. Before you know it you'll be feeling your little ones like crazy

#17 of 30 Old 03-23-2010, 11:04 AM

PP's - I thought I'd never feel anything either (was starting to panic even...first timer nerves?) - but a few days ago (approx 18 weeks) a few internal flutters, or more like taps. Decided they were not gas, because they didn't travel around and out (ahem) - but stayed in one place. Then more often the last couple of days (could just be heightened awareness). Then lying in bed two nights ago, hand just under belly button, a huge TAP/sudden poking from the inside out. Whoa! Inside ----> outside! How cool!

Didn't sleep for ages, waiting for another one. Was rewarded in about another half an hour - and am now thinking I'm feeling things all the time (but particularly in the evening) - though, to be honest, some of it still MUST be a little gas. Heh heh.

JFI - 19 weeks on saturday, and of medium build.

Edit to elaborate slightly: Trimestersdoula - I feel the same...the pregnancy feels suddenly a lot more real again, or rather the baby does. Little squiggly thing. Very exciting all over again, after a month or so of 'normal life' dulling down the first excitement.
I'm also waiting for a scan next week...and the last week or so I've had quite a drop-off of symptoms, and it seemed sudden (though, I've picked up different symptoms in the last two days it seems). The movements (inside --- > outside! yay!) have quelled my anxiety too, as an added bonus to baby just making itself known.

G
x
#18 of 30 Old 03-23-2010, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Grover,

How cool! I can totally feel your excitement! I'm very happy for all the mama's...there isn't too much that's better than feeling new life growing!

Blessed Christian Wife and Homeschooling Mother to 8: 17 (our 1st homeschool graduate!), 12, 11, 9, 5, 4, 2 and with blessing #9 and #10 due to arrive April 2015

#19 of 30 Old 03-23-2010, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

I love the feeling of the baby moving SO much that I would stay pregnant for ever just for that.....if it didn't mean that I would keep having children LOL.

#20 of 30 Old 03-23-2010, 04:24 PM

I am not quite feeling anything yet, either. Well... maybe. This is my first baby so I am not sure! However, I had an ultrasound yesterday and the baby was rolling all around and moving in there, so I know it's just me not feeling it, and not him/her not moving!

I can't wait though! Every little milestone makes this whole thing so much real. I think it's really and truly starting to sink in with DH and myself!

Amanda, livin' and lovin' in Memphis w/ Brandon & Eliza (8.15.10)! 6/2009.
#21 of 30 Old 03-24-2010, 04:53 PM

I've been feeling movement inside since about 15 weeks, with it turning into little taps at about 17 weeks. Now the taps are getting stronger and more regular--baby is most active in the morning when I wake up, but before I get out of bed. I've been feeling movement from the outside--just subtle movements--for maybe a week now, and this morning, I actually saw the baby kick from the outside. My belly button jumped! No mistaking that. So fun!

5*10*15*20****25****30***35****40*42
#22 of 30 Old 03-24-2010, 06:04 PM

Yay for all the movement we have! I just started feeling movement recently and today I've felt him all day. And I felt one kick from the outside today, but as soon as I called DH over to feel it too, the baby got shy. Now I remember the same would happen with my first for a week or so, until I got DH to finally feel it too.

Cherie: Ex-pat Mama in France to Chiara (Mar 08) and Adrian homebirth.jpg(Aug 2010) . cd.gifsewmachine.gif,winner.jpg
#23 of 30 Old 03-25-2010, 03:35 PM

I actually started feeling later with second baby. Isnt that weird? I have just really started to feel clear movement in the last week. I am 19 weeks. With my son, I was feeling clear movement by 17 weeks. I am anxious to feel movement from the outside. With ds, I was much heavier, and only felt it once in a while. I am hoping it will be more frequent this time.
#24 of 30 Old 03-27-2010, 06:04 PM

So thanks to my rattling radiator at 5:30 this morning (please don't need a new boiler, please don't need a new boiler), I felt the baby move from the outside bright and early this morning for the 1st time. I remember with DD, it was another one of those super-early mornings where I felt her for the 1st time! Yay!

Colleen (35) married to Brian (35) 11/06; DD Emilia 6/6/08; DS Breckin 8/2/10
#25 of 30 Old 03-31-2010, 02:42 AM

I've been aware of movement since about 15 weeks, but in the last week I've both felt and seen it! And I supposedly have an anterior placenta according to my US two weeks ago! So much for muting my sense movement! DH hasn't gotten to feel any yet, but I'm sure we'll catch the right time soon! And I can't WAIT for my DD to get to feel. She SAYS she does, but I know she hasn't yet.

Co-sleeping, Breastfeeding, EC'ing, Baby-wearing, Homebirthing mama to two fabulous girls 6/2007 and 8/2010
#26 of 30 Old 03-31-2010, 03:02 AM

no movement on the outside or inside! i'm 20 weeks tomorrow and am getting antsy. i hope everything is okay. i think maybe i imagined it twice, very subtle like a water bottle inside of my tipping over. or i'm crazy. i get my u/s on friday so we'll see if this baby is a still sleeper like i am or what.

DD: 8/10

#27 of 30 Old 03-31-2010, 11:53 AM

Mine's gotten a lot stronger in the last couple of weeks (I'm at 22.5 weeks now). Last night I felt from the outside a couple of times. DH hasn't felt it yet though.

kimkim, I bet everything is fine, mine started out really indistinct and I thought I was imagining it too.

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#28 of 30 Old 03-31-2010, 11:30 PM

I was still unsure if I'd been feeling movement at 20 weeks with my first. I'm sure you guys will be feeling things with certainty soon!

Co-sleeping, Breastfeeding, EC'ing, Baby-wearing, Homebirthing mama to two fabulous girls 6/2007 and 8/2010
#29 of 30 Old 04-04-2010, 11:41 AM

Friday I finally started feeling the baby well, not just flutters now and then but real pokes and prods. and froday night I felt him/her from the outside. And last night hubby felt it too!!! I can't wait for DS to feel it! it's about time!

Nicki wife to Rich, Mama to 7 y/o DS, and a beautiful Princess Aug 2010
#30 of 30 Old 04-04-2010, 02:28 PM

I think I skipped the flutters altogether. I am feeling fairly sure I felt him roll twice Friday night and then kick me on the left side, then two kicks on Saturday. At least I THINK that's what it is.

Laurie & Dave having baby #1! Our SON is due 8/4/2010
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35* **40

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page