worried... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-24-2010, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, I'm 17 weeks and I thought I'd been feeling baby move for about a week, but the last two days nothing I know I was super bloated yesterday so not to surprised I wasn't able to feel the gentle movement, but today? My midwife isn't worried yet, but I really am...

Mama to Noah (3) and Rebekah (09/2/10) femalesling.GIF
#2 of 5 Old 03-24-2010, 04:24 PM

i haven't felt the baby move YET and i'm 19 weeks. i'm sure there's plenty of kicking time for months to come. i keep thinking it's a kick then i fart!

DD: 8/10

#3 of 5 Old 03-24-2010, 05:07 PM

I know how you are feeling. I started feeling the baby move very early on and it was a couple time a day. Then once I hit about 15 weeks I started feeling the baby move only every couple/few days. Finally now at 18 weeks it is becoming more regular but that has only been since the weekend when I was about 17.6 weeks. I am sure everything is ok. Baby could be laying with its back to your stomach and that is why you aren't feeling anything. Anyways, just wanted to let you know that I went through the same thing. Could you get your midwife to quickly check with the doppler to give you piece of mind?

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#4 of 5 Old 03-24-2010, 05:45 PM

Movement was very irregular for me at first, too. I'd feel plenty of movement for a few days and then nothing for a day. It was worrying to me because DD1 was super active from the beginning, but everything is still great for me and at nearly 22 weeks, I'm just starting to feel a lot of activity.

Amy (34): mommy to DD1 (11/07) and DD2 (7/10), wife, wohm, and wannabe suburban homesteader.
#5 of 5 Old 03-24-2010, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, mamas! You made me feel better. I was so uncertain because of all my gas, its crazy, lol. Then I was so sure because it happened when my jeans poked me funny or I leaned weird, ya know? Anyway, they are so tiny right now and you're right there will be enough time to get kicked.

Mama to Noah (3) and Rebekah (09/2/10) femalesling.GIF

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page