No Appetite?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 03-25-2010, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The last two weeks I have had no appetite at all. I force myself to eat. Anyone else? I just started doing the brewer pregnancy diet but, it started before that! Now, I am worried because I know I am not getting everything baby needs, help!

Mom to three girls 14, 11, 9, and 1 more Girl on the way 8/8/2010!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 03-25-2010, 11:21 AM

Oh gosh! I am so glad you posted this. I was actually just coming here to start a thread on this very topic.

For a couple weeks now, also, I have had NO appetite. I get hungry and my belly grumbles like crazy but then the minute I take a bite or two I am full. Like that full feeling where looking at food makes you want to throw up. I don't know what to do about it. It doesn't help that absolutely everything I eat tastes horridly disgusting to me. Everything that I used to love to eat tastes super bad now.

You aren't alone. I hope we can get our appetites back soon. I actually have a prenatal appointment today and I am afraid that I have lost weight again. I lost 4 lbs in one month at my last appointment. If I am down even more I know I am going to be in trouble. At least my OB gives me crap nicely LOL.

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#3 of 9 Old 03-25-2010, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

I thought it was just some weird thing going on with me. For a while I was eating like a cow now, nothing. Just like you said no appetite and when I do eat everything tastes bad

#4 of 9 Old 03-25-2010, 02:12 PM

My appetite has waned a bit too and yesterday I was even a little queezy at times. Maybe acid reflux is kicking in with the baby growing?

Crunchy Christian Wife and Mommy to awesome DH and DD1 (4/25/07) and DD2 (8/13/10)
#5 of 9 Old 03-25-2010, 02:34 PM

I just tried to eat some toast and cheese. Something I normally love. I ate 1/4 of it and threw the rest out. I don't even have cravings for chocolate anymore and normally I crave it a ton.

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#6 of 9 Old 03-25-2010, 03:16 PM

I was talking about this with my midwife yesterday. I have been having issues eating most days for quite a while. I told her that I focus on getting enough protien, then take a prenatal & an Omege-3. She said that was good enough. As long as I get the protien needed to grow the baby I could lax on the veggies (for now) & let the prenatal handle the rest. She did of course say that this is not ideal, but will work for now & is better than me making myself sick or stressing about it too much.

The odd thing is that some days I can't eat enough but most days I have to force myself. I think for me it is stress related though.

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#7 of 9 Old 03-25-2010, 03:58 PM

Gosh, I feel you!! I am thinking about starting a thread about what to cook to follow the Brewer's Diet. I can't stand the thought of anything protein, which worries me. All I want is bread, seriously! so, yea my appetite isn't good right now either.

Mama to Noah (3) and Rebekah (09/2/10) femalesling.GIF
#8 of 9 Old 03-26-2010, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaLura View Post
Gosh, I feel you!! I am thinking about starting a thread about what to cook to follow the Brewer's Diet. I can't stand the thought of anything protein, which worries me. All I want is bread, seriously! so, yea my appetite isn't good right now either.
I would love it if you would start a thread on the diet. I'm concerned about my appetite, I ate 1 protein yesterday. I don't even want junk food.

#9 of 9 Old 03-26-2010, 11:32 AM

I forced myself to eat supper last night. After bad bp reading I decided I HAVE to do something. We went out for supper and I had two big chunks of salmon, a salad and a baked potato. It was good but the same thing happened. Two bites into my salad and I didn't feel like eating anymore. I made myself eat everything on my plate (almost).

Oh, I went to my doctors appointment and I did, somehow, manage to gain two lbs this last month!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page