Mothering Forum banner

Finished the new beans nb diaper stash!

916 views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  detroitgirl77 
#1 ·
I finally finished the new beans nb diaper stash. Within the past 2-3 months, I have made 48 nb dipes, with 4 of them going to a few friends who are preggo and due near the same time as me. So I have 44, and I also pulled out some dipes I made last year as well as ones I made for Bryant when he was new, for a total of 61 diapers!! Now I need to start on some pul covers and recycled woolies and then onto some one size dipes and covers.
TFL!!
Pics here:
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...7/100_3100.jpg
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...7/100_3101.jpg

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by expatmommy View Post
Can I DDCC & ask what pattern you used? I've only just started my nb diaper stash & ambitiously set out to make just 14 fitteds!
I actually used quite a few different patterns: fattycakes, the free ddnb, hhs, trimsies, daribums. I would personally recommend either the fattycakes, which you can buy at the inspired congo on hyenacart for $6 or the ddnb pattern, which comes in 2 different sizes and they are free, although she does have a more in depth pattern for sale as well. You can find the ddnb at www.darlingdiapers.com

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by newmommy7-08 View Post
I bought the darling diapers pattern, and it seems really great! I'm going to check out the fattycakes tho!

Can I ask what you use for your soakers? and how many layers? Thanks!
For some of them I used flannel and the others I used cotton french terry. For the flannel ones, which I used in the trimsies diapers which calls for 2 soakers, I used a top layer of cotton velour and 3 layers of thick flannel for each soaker. For my trifold soakers I used 3 layers of french terry topped with cotton velour. I tend to overdue my layers for soakers since both of my boys were heavy soakers and I'd rather have too much absorbancy vs. not enough.

#12 ·
how many days will 61 diapers last? i'm thinking of making some but i don't know what patterns are good or if there's much of a difference and i'd like to reuse fabrics (flannels etc) but i am a bit overwhelmed.
how long do they typically fit in the nb diapers? then how many 3-6 month diapers do you have on hand? 6-9 month? i imagine i have to buy a new dresser to house all of this as i attempt cloth diaperville.

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kimkim View Post
how many days will 61 diapers last? i'm thinking of making some but i don't know what patterns are good or if there's much of a difference and i'd like to reuse fabrics (flannels etc) but i am a bit overwhelmed.
how long do they typically fit in the nb diapers? then how many 3-6 month diapers do you have on hand? 6-9 month? i imagine i have to buy a new dresser to house all of this as i attempt cloth diaperville.
Newborns and smalls will last anywhere from 2-4 months depending on your baby. Mediums however will fit for a really long time. My DD started wearing mediums when we started CDing at 8 months old and is still in them. You can also buy/make one size diapers that adjust to be small, medium, and large.

You can also plan on a newborn going through around a dozen diapers a day. As they get older though it's usually a bit less. I think my DD goes through around 8 diapers a day now.

#14 ·
I am so impressed!

I made 15 nb diapers for my niece last year that my SIL gave back to me and I have 6 mostly-finished diapers in the works, but I'd really like to have at least 30 plus a stash of the next size up before this baby comes. I have 9 lb babies and newborn size never fits longer than a month or so and there's no way I'll be sewing much in that first month. I'll have to check out the Fattycakes pattern -- how are the edges finished with that? I've always T&T mine, but I got a serger in December, so I'm trying to serge my most recent bunch. I really like using Lastin, which is also new to me. I've done most of mine using the PoquitoPants pattern with a few Trimsies.

#15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by amyrobynne View Post
I am so impressed!

I made 15 nb diapers for my niece last year that my SIL gave back to me and I have 6 mostly-finished diapers in the works, but I'd really like to have at least 30 plus a stash of the next size up before this baby comes. I have 9 lb babies and newborn size never fits longer than a month or so and there's no way I'll be sewing much in that first month. I'll have to check out the Fattycakes pattern -- how are the edges finished with that? I've always T&T mine, but I got a serger in December, so I'm trying to serge my most recent bunch. I really like using Lastin, which is also new to me. I've done most of mine using the PoquitoPants pattern with a few Trimsies.
The fattycakes call for t & t but I made all mine serged, since I love the ruffled elastic look and could never due the blind elastic right in turned diapers. I pretty much only use lastin now--I love how soft it is on the legs and waist. The fattycakes is pretty long lasting in fit. A friend of mine who recently had a baby put a newborn fattycake on her 30+ lb 2 1/2 year old and it still fit, although quite low in the rise, so it can last as long as the inner and outer are made w/ stretchy fabrics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.