Weekly Chat March 29-April 4th - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 03-31-2010, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, a little late on getting this started but I needed a little support today and don't want a whole thread about me whining :P

Just asking for some prayers and good thoughts coming my way today as I prepare to spend most of the day on my feet and running the halls at work for an event. I've been having a lot of hip/pelvic girdle pain which I think may be caused by symphysis pubis dysfunction and I have a feeling I'm going to be hurting pretty bad by the end of the day.

Laurie & Dave having baby #1! Our SON is due 8/4/2010
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35* **40
#2 of 14 Old 03-31-2010, 01:19 PM
LZP

Taylah- good luck to you! If you can squeeze in/sneak in a sit-down every 45 minutes or so, hopefully that will help. Will you have any support there inthe form of colleagues that could cover for you for a few minutes?

Treat yourself to a nice warm bath when you get home tonight. Sending you stretchy, non-SPD thoughts this afternoon.

ETA: YAY! I ordered a LOT of stuff for Little Girl 2 weeks ago from happygreenbee and it's being delivered today! woo hoo! this shopping of mine is going to be a real problem, I can already sense it. also, DH is picking up the bedding today for our crib (that will probably not even be used in the first year! ) so I can start crafting some room decor to go with it. what a fun day for baby stuff galore.

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#3 of 14 Old 03-31-2010, 02:15 PM

Taylah - sending prayers and stretchy thoughts your way.

No shopping yet for little one. DD1 has TONS of stuff so we can reuse a lot of that but I would like to get a few special things just for DD2....wow I can't believe I can say DD2 now!

DH is shooting down everyone of my name suggestions which is starting to tick me off, why doesn't HE pour through the endless online lists of names if he doesn't like what I pick?

I am still just in a daze, with the results of the ultrasound telling us everything is normal I just feel so incredibly blessed to have 2 happy healthy baby girls!

Crunchy Christian Wife and Mommy to awesome DH and DD1 (4/25/07) and DD2 (8/13/10)
#4 of 14 Old 03-31-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COgirl19 View Post
DH is shooting down everyone of my name suggestions which is starting to tick me off, why doesn't HE pour through the endless online lists of names if he doesn't like what I pick?
My DH is the same way! He doesn't like anything I suggest, but doesn't have any suggestions of his own to offer either. Good luck!

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#5 of 14 Old 03-31-2010, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by COgirl19 View Post
My DH is the same way! He doesn't like anything I suggest, but doesn't have any suggestions of his own to offer either. Good luck!
I am lucky. My DH only gets to veto a name if he really, really dislikes it. Part of our marriage deal was that I take his last name if I get to give the first two names to our children. Don't know why I thought about that at our wedding day, but it has worked out nicely for me!! That is me always planning way into the future!

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

#6 of 14 Old 03-31-2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlemamma View Post
I am lucky. My DH only gets to veto a name if he really, really dislikes it. Part of our marriage deal was that I take his last name if I get to give the first two names to our children. Don't know why I thought about that at our wedding day, but it has worked out nicely for me!! That is me always planning way into the future!
Oooh, that was good planning.

My DH has only suggested ridiculous (joke) names and has vetoed all of my suggestions except for one joke name that I came up with.

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#7 of 14 Old 03-31-2010, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

Doing a lot better so far than I thought I would. Still having a lot of pain on standing after sitting for more than 20 minutes or so. I feel blessed to have a lot of coworkers forcing me to sit, eat, go get some fresh air, as we're working on things - one thing about working at a non-profit is there seem to be fewer than normal slackers around, heh.

Bittersweet moment last night - our crib bedding came in and my husband was off playing an online computer game rather than helping me put things together and ooh and ahh (he had work to do after he finished with the raid so I knew there would be no chance afterwards). I felt really alone - I'm far from family so I count on him to make important things a priority. I pretty much put my foot down and said he needs to end his commitment with the game by June 1 - and it's not like I don't get the whole enterprise, I've been involved in it too - this family stuff is just way more important.

Laurie & Dave having baby #1! Our SON is due 8/4/2010
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35* **40
#8 of 14 Old 03-31-2010, 08:13 PM
MJB

I'm scared that baby Edie is never going to sleep. She has been kicking and punching me all day long lately! She starts up the moment I wake up, before I even get out of bed, and keeps going after I lie down for the night. Chill out baby!
Today I went to yoga (regular, not prenatal-- tried and hated the prenatal yoga), then got McDonalds for me and my 4 yr. old and had a park playdate with his preschool class (another mom took him there from school so I could come from yoga), then took a nap, then had an espresso, then walked with the kids (on bikes) to the park... I'm like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde as a pregnant woman! Good choice, bad choice, repeat, over and over.
#9 of 14 Old 04-01-2010, 10:07 PM

Hope you survived your day, taylah.

So my college friend who lives a couple hrs away and with whom I share a due date for this little one called to day to tell me that her sweet baby girl has: kidney, heart defects, a growth on her head and underdeveloped feet. They are thinking either trisomy 18, turner's syndrome or multiple chromosomal defects. They don't expect baby to live to birth and if she does, live past birth. I am so, so, so sad for her! We share the same due date. I have opted out of u/s unless something pops up, but am pretty sure my baby is healthy. Why am I so blessed? We're pretty close. This is really hard.

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

#10 of 14 Old 04-01-2010, 10:42 PM

MJB~ I've been the same way. Go walk the trail, eat ice cream. Do yoga, drink coffee, etc. etc. etc. I find it hard to be so good, when it's hard to function after excersize. I work at a swim and fitness center, and my boss said that the guidlines from the national congress for healthy something rather..said that for every hour a pregnant woman excersizes (bike, swim, fast walk, fast vinyasa yoga, etc) she has to sleep for that same amount of time. SHe keeps updated on all the giudlines that come out for prenatal and seniors, so it's been really nice to hit her up for questions. Mostly it gives me an excuse for sleeping

Aidan 8/11/99 Bryn 9/7/04 Jardin is here! 8/23/10 ~Kindness is My Religion~ Dalai Lama
#11 of 14 Old 04-02-2010, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
I'm scared that baby Edie is never going to sleep. She has been kicking and punching me all day long lately! She starts up the moment I wake up, before I even get out of bed, and keeps going after I lie down for the night. Chill out baby!
DH just laughs at me because atleast twice a day I am say "OK baby, I get it, you are awake. You can stop now."

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#12 of 14 Old 04-02-2010, 02:00 PM

dannic - so sorry for your friend, sending prayers her way.

Supposed to go to Good Friday services tonight but I am pretty tired today, may pull the pregnant card tonight, (terrible I know!)

Feeling really lazy at work today too for some reason...YAWN, I think the visit from the in-laws last week wore me out more than I thought.

Have any of your other children had reactions about having new baby? DD keeps acting happy but I actually held someone's baby last night at Bible study and DD was NOT happy about it. She eventually accepted it but I have a feeling this is not going to go well with her in August!

Crunchy Christian Wife and Mommy to awesome DH and DD1 (4/25/07) and DD2 (8/13/10)
#13 of 14 Old 04-02-2010, 03:26 PM

I think birth order and personality adds to whether they have trouble adjusting or not. DS was fine with dd1, but dd1 (becoming the middle child) had a very difficult time finding her new place in the family. I had to be very patient and loving (more so than normal, lol) and let her in on whatever I was doing with dd2 (I think gender links in there too somehow...) but she is really confidant in her place now. She is the oldest daughter, so that helps. I really like The Birth Order book--some is bunk, but some was eerily familiar both in dh and myself and our kids.

Thanks for the prayers for my friend.

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

#14 of 14 Old 04-03-2010, 03:54 PM
MJB

Woohoo!!! Just found out my youngest son was offered a $10,000 scholarship to the private K-12 we want him to go to this fall (we already made it through the anxiety-provoking testing and interview process in January). I'm so happy for him and what a relief to know I won't be homeschooling him with a new baby come August.
We're waiting until May to find out if my bigger boy got into the magnet school we want him to go to... fingers crossed! If not, I'm a lot less worried about homeschooling a 7.5-8.5 yr. old next year... he's a pretty independent worker and also fairly helpful to have around the house.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page