Worry wart - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 04-01-2010, 01:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ooooh boy! I should really be joining the zen Mommas so I can learn some tips on positive attitudes cause I have been a wreck! Silly silly.

At 18 weeks without feeling movement, when I've felt it sooooo much earlier before, things were feeling ominous. Something wrong with baby? (no, thakfully) Anteriour placenta? (turns out yes, actually) If so, is it overlying my c-section scar making home birth less likely? (no. Phew.)

In theory I'm not so into ultrasounds, but my oh my... that little heart beating, little feet kicking, little arms waving... gorgeous. And so so reassuring.

But really, what's with the stressing? Seriously. I met my husband at a camp for children with disabilities. Clearly we would love any child we were blessed to welcome into our family. So what is the big deal?

Anyone else worry about EVERY thing?

Any tips to STOP?

Veggie, babywearing, cloth diapering, lactivist, intactivist, 2x HBAC, non-vaccing nurse and doula, wife of my babies' sweet Dada, Momma of 3 with another coming mid summer.

#2 of 14 Old 04-01-2010, 04:14 AM

If you figure out how to stop, please let me know

Mum to Quinn, Aug 14th 2010
#3 of 14 Old 04-01-2010, 09:30 AM

Let me know too please!! I felt some movement at 18 weekish and now not so much I have felt it sporadically, which is good, but I am worried what if there isn't enough fluid in there for the baby to move? what if, what if, what if?

I use my doppler daily, I think without it I would be so worried I couldn't make it through the day. I am so glad I am not the only one who hasn't yet breathed that sigh of relief.

I even looked up viability today, I need to know WHEN I can at least take a small breath.

Nicki wife to Rich, Mama to 7 y/o DS, and a beautiful Princess Aug 2010
#4 of 14 Old 04-01-2010, 10:24 AM

I think it comes with the territory, there's no stopping it!

Mom to three girls 14, 11, 9, and 1 more Girl on the way 8/8/2010!
#5 of 14 Old 04-01-2010, 12:06 PM

I tend to be a really zen pregnant woman. Which is odd because in general I'm a worry wart.

The only time during pregnancy that I get worried is before we here the heartbeat for the first time but that's because my first pregnancy ended in a missed miscarriage at 14 weeks. After that I'm all good.
#6 of 14 Old 04-01-2010, 01:17 PM

I worry a lot too, so you're not alone! When I can't feel our baby girl moving around for a while I miss her SO much! And every dang time I go to the midwife and they use the doppler they can't find the heartbeat for a good several minutes and it makes me crazy. (I'm pretty sure the baby HATES the doppler and ultrasounds! In both ultrasounds so far she has had her face totally covered by her hands and pressed up against the uterus.)
#7 of 14 Old 04-01-2010, 01:27 PM

Can I just say...I could have written your initial post. Right down to yes there is an anterior placenta and no it's not over my scar.

I don't know how to quit worrying, but just wanted to let you know we're in the same boat. Are you planning a VBAC?

Wife to a wonderful husband, mom to 5 amazing boys, 2 m/c and Knox Cornelius our 5th son born at 15weeks 12/3/2011, Lillian Faith our 1st daughter, born at 14 weeks May 19, 2012 (Turner Syndrome). 

#8 of 14 Old 04-01-2010, 03:38 PM

It is hard to stop thinking about the what ifs...what works for me is to create mantras and repeat them over and over. I use scriptures or just things like: the baby is doing great, I am going to have a wonderful birth with a beautiful healthy baby.

Laughter is really the best medicine...I try to watch funny movies or listen to people laugh on youtube! It supposed to reduce stress hormone production and give the little bean a break.

Here is a Biblical scripture thread that I had during my last pregnancy.
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...419&highlight=

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

#9 of 14 Old 04-01-2010, 03:57 PM

I was a basket case with my first, but I'm doing ok with this one. I had a miscarriage in Sept (probably a blighted ovum) and you'd think it would make me more worried, but it actually did the opposite. I realized I have no control (well, very little) over what happens, and the only thing I can do is trust my body and my baby to do what it knows how to do. I love this baby so much, and I feel the gentle, calm energy that we pass between eachother.

Of course, I've had three ultrasounds (coming from infertility world, not necessarily my choice), so I can't say I've been totally zen about the whole thing.

Amy (34): mommy to DD1 (11/07) and DD2 (7/10), wife, wohm, and wannabe suburban homesteader.
#10 of 14 Old 04-02-2010, 03:20 PM

i'm 20 weeks and haven't felt any movement. maybe once.
it's hard not to worry, i do it too.
just trust your body and your baby and go do some yoga or something.

DD: 8/10

#11 of 14 Old 04-02-2010, 03:40 PM

I worried a lot more with my first, and then again with my first HB. I had a few twinges of worry yesterday when I found out some bad news about a friend (see chat) but otherwise, I'm really not. Like you, if anything were actually wrong, I would grieve and then move forward, but it's been easier this time around.

In part, this is due to my really good health regime and supps directed towards my adrenal fagitue-induced anxiety. B vitamins, magnesium, rescue remedy have all been helpful in the past in getting over unnecessary worries. Even witout adrenal issues, they're helpful. HTH.

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

#12 of 14 Old 04-02-2010, 07:32 PM

I'm a worrier too. I've been feeling baby moving for weeks now. The past few days he's been really quiet, and it's got me worried. He was an active little bugger again today, so I'm a little less worried now.

What hasn't helped my worrying are the dreams I've been having. The first dream I had was of the birth. I don't remember details but we ended up with an emergency c-section a few weeks early. I just had another dream a couple of nights ago where baby was born really prematurely. He was beautiful, but extremely tiny and hooked up to all sorts of tubes and things. He had these HUGE round green eyes, and oddly enough he could talk to me. He was crying and kept telling me the tube in his belly hurt. I was frantically trying to reposition it for him and no one was around to help. It was scary and the dreams are freaking me out. I keep telling myself that it is simply my fears manifesting themselves at night, but it's hard to believe that fully.

Anyway, you're not alone. I remember being much more calm my first pregnancy, oddly enough. But I think other stresses in my life factor in as well. Meditation really helps me when I get the time.

Happily unmarried to DP guitar.gifParenting: DD (March '06) energy.gifwaterbirth.jpg, DS (August '10) fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg, and our furry kids dog2.gifGuiney Pig, dog2.gifPo the POlice, and cat.gifMrs. Puff. Loving WAHM life in the Mortgage Bizz with DP.

#13 of 14 Old 04-03-2010, 12:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycatcher12 View Post
Can I just say...I could have written your initial post. Right down to yes there is an anterior placenta and no it's not over my scar.

I don't know how to quit worrying, but just wanted to let you know we're in the same boat. Are you planning a VBAC?
That's funny that we're so on the same page! Yes, I am absolutely looking forward to another VBAC. Baby #2 was born at home and it was the most healing, powerful, affirming, wonderful experience of my life. And it was on MY birthday... and I was born by cesarean... so it was this total reclaiming of womanhood and birthright. Magic. Really there are no words.

I guess I know that this baby's birth will be different, and I can't recreate all of that magic so I try to keep myself grounded in reality and then I end up mired in unnecessary fears. I was so torn after my VBAC, feeling both as though it was the best birth I could possibly have so I should stop while I was ahead, and wanting desperately to have more babies because I could not imagine going the rest of my life and never feeling as incredible as I did giving birth.

What ever the root, thanks for making me feel like less of a neurotic crazy woman everyone!

Veggie, babywearing, cloth diapering, lactivist, intactivist, 2x HBAC, non-vaccing nurse and doula, wife of my babies' sweet Dada, Momma of 3 with another coming mid summer.

#14 of 14 Old 04-04-2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMorgan View Post

I worry a lot too, so you're not alone! When I can't feel our baby girl moving around for a while I miss her SO much! And every dang time I go to the midwife and they use the doppler they can't find the heartbeat for a good several minutes and it makes me crazy. (I'm pretty sure the baby HATES the doppler and ultrasounds! In both ultrasounds so far she has had her face totally covered by her hands and pressed up against the uterus.)
I've had the impression my baby doesn't like the ultrasounds, either. She gets very, very active and somersault-y whenever I've had one. (3 so far.) This last midwife visit, she was apparently kicking at the little doppler machine. lol

OP: I was worried too about not feeling the baby move earlier. In my case, I felt some little bumps a week or two ago and didn't start to REALLY feel anything until yesterday, at 23 weeks. Now she's kicking and rolling all over the place. I think worry comes with the territory, and having access to google and lots of pregnancy boards (where mamas are feeling their babies move at 12 weeks) unfortunately doesn't help sometimes.

caffix.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page