Spotlight on...Nlhousewifey! April 1-5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 04-02-2010, 12:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here's a few questions to get you started... feel free to add more info to this!

EDD:
Name:
Family:
Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses):
Names you like:Secret!
Birth Plans/Preferences:
Strangest craving/aversion this pregnancy:
Hobbies/Interests:
How you met your SO:
How you ended up at MDC:

Loving being a stay at home mamma to DD 10/07, and newly arrived DS 7/26/10
#2 of 11 Old 04-02-2010, 07:07 PM

EDD: 9-1, but expecting them earlier.
Name: Sarah
Family: DH, two step-daughters-both 17, DS-4
Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): Really hoping for at least one girl, prefer both girls. Have a feeling there is a boy in there.
Names you like: Ella, Emma, Ethan, Eli- We're really stuck on E names.
Birth Plans/Preferences: Had planned on a home-birth originally, now coming to terms with delivering in the hospital's OR.
Strangest craving/aversion this pregnancy: I have actually wanted to eat meat (previously vegetarian), and lemonade!
Hobbies/Interests: Gardening (sadly not this year), sewing, animals, boating.
How you met your SO: The (former) husband of one of my friends works with DH.
How you ended up at MDC: Found it when I was pregnant with DS and interesting in cloth diapering.

Mom to 5, DS- 3/2006,  Twin boys-7/2010, B/G twins- 1/2012

#3 of 11 Old 04-03-2010, 10:28 PM

Are you still vegetarian or have you given into the meat cravings? We have been vegetarian for a few years & I used to still get cravings on occassion but I never gave in, mostly out of fear of how my digestive system would react . Suddenly since I got pregnant the thought of or the smell of meat has made me gag. Strange the things pregnancy does to you!

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#4 of 11 Old 04-04-2010, 12:05 AM

What are you studying in school?
How many rounds of IVF did it take to get pg with the twins?
Is ds excited or nervous about having 2 babies around?

**Meghan***Wife, Mother, L&D RN... DS Logan 9/05 DS Riley 05/07, and DS #3 Cian is here!!! 7/25 x3
#5 of 11 Old 04-06-2010, 05:58 PM

I have after careful consideration given into the meat cravings, only chicken and fish though, I had pork once and it made me ill.
I'm slowly working towards my BBA in management, at this rate it will take a few years yet.
This was our second IVF cycle, the first one went terribly wrong- so we were really nervous to try again but are glad we did.
DH is really excited, he's not too worried about there being two as his first girls were adopted 8 months apart so he feels prepared for the challenge. I on the other hand am a bit nervous about handling two at the same time.

#6 of 11 Old 04-07-2010, 04:05 AM

Where in Iowa are you from and what hospital are you delivering at? If that's too nosey, don't feel like you have to answer. I'm from Rural Iowa too but I'm doing a 90 minute drive to birth with the midwives at UofI hospital.

What is your favorite part of life in Iowa?

Will you find out the gender before the babies get here?
#7 of 11 Old 04-07-2010, 09:27 AM

We're near Iowa City (about 30 minutes away) and will be delivering at the University as well, I used the midwives with my son and was happy with them (with the exception of one that just didn't jive with my personality). I hope the drive isn't too much for you, my first was born 15 minutes after I made it to the hospital, lucky I guess I think this time I'll have a bit better idea of what labor is, I didn't believe I was in labor until it was painful, by which point it's oftentimes almost over.
I like the friendliness of the people hear and the quietness of most of the state, we aren't as populated which for the most part is nice. I'm not so crazy about Iowa winters though, they've been pretty crazy the past few years.
We are hoping to find out genders on Monday, we know they are fraternal so it could be any combination- I'm hoping for either two girls or a boy and a girl. Though in the end, healthy is good enough for me.

#8 of 11 Old 04-07-2010, 05:18 PM

What are you reading at the moment?

What's your favourite/dream holiday destination?

What CDs are you planning on using with your twins?

Lisa - mama to Eleanor Rose 01/08 and Saoirse Lily 09/10
#9 of 11 Old 04-07-2010, 07:03 PM

Sadly I haven't read anything good lately, mostly reading up on Accounting for an upcoming exam- no fun, that's for sure.
DH and I went to San Diego for a belated honeymoon and really enjoyed it, the weather was perfect, the mexican food was amazing and there was a wide variety of things to do, which is great for us because we have really short attention spans.
So far for diapers I have ordered a couple of lil' joeys from rumparooz and will be ordering many more- they are of great quality and given that twins are often on the smaller side, the size starting at 4 lbs was very appealing. I also have some prefolds and prowrap covers but feel that in the beginning the AIO's will get the most use. I sewed some of my own, but am really slow at it and decided it was better for me to just buy them instead.

#10 of 11 Old 04-07-2010, 07:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Will you sew anything else for them?

Elizabeth - Doing life with Scott partners.gif

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png
adoptionheart-1.gif  Follow our journey  mdcblog5.gif

#11 of 11 Old 04-07-2010, 10:12 PM

I plan on doing a number of burp cloths and receiving blankets, I have a serger so it's very easy to do and they can be really expensive in stores. Maybe I'll do some simple clothing, like hats, booties, gowns and (if I get a girl) sundresses.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page