Really crampy pain after u/s normal? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 04-02-2010, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've never had an ultrasound. Today was my first one. I felt great (once they let me pee). The tech pushed a little hard with the wand, but maybe she needed to? I didn't know what to expect. About a half hour after the appt I got some crampy pain and it won't go away. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm trying not to freak out.

DD: 8/10

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 04-02-2010, 06:46 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Did you have to have a really full bladder for the u/s? Sometimes (like 1st thing in the morning) if my bladder is REALLY full, and I empty it, it sets off some crampiness or even braxton hicks. I'm no longer worried, since now I see the fullness encourages my uterus to be active and then it stops.

Just a thought of what it is like for me..I hope you are feeling better very soon!

Blessed Christian Wife and Homeschooling Mother to 8: 17 (our 1st homeschool graduate!), 12, 11, 9, 5, 4, 2 and with blessing #9 and #10 due to arrive April 2015

#3 of 11 Old 04-02-2010, 07:59 PM

I'd try not to worry. At my first u/s this pg I had crampy pain after and it was just from my super full bladder that I emtied. Its painful.

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#4 of 11 Old 04-02-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimkim View Post
I've never had an ultrasound. Today was my first one. I felt great (once they let me pee). The tech pushed a little hard with the wand, but maybe she needed to? I didn't know what to expect. About a half hour after the appt I got some crampy pain and it won't go away. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm trying not to freak out.
I'm no expert, but I'm assuming/hoping it's normal... I've been a little sore/crampy after ultrasounds, too.

#5 of 11 Old 04-02-2010, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

it must be the bladder. the u/s tech was really impressed at how full my bladder was and commented on it. i must be recovering from the epic pee.

#6 of 11 Old 04-02-2010, 10:23 PM

Yep. Most likely what its from. My bladder was so over full at my last u/s that the tech had me empty it half way. Trying to empty your super full bladder ONLY half way is extremely difficult LOL. But I can say I was sore afterwards.

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#7 of 11 Old 04-02-2010, 10:36 PM

I get terribly crampy from a full bladder. My u/s hurt though, I think my stomach is just sensitive.

Mum to Quinn, Aug 14th 2010
#8 of 11 Old 04-02-2010, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimestersdoula View Post
Yep. Most likely what its from. My bladder was so over full at my last u/s that the tech had me empty it half way. Trying to empty your super full bladder ONLY half way is extremely difficult LOL. But I can say I was sore afterwards.

I had to pee so bad I thought I was going to have a bladder rupture everytime she moved her little wand around on my stomach. She also had me empty my bladder half way...seriously!! I had to pee so bad I couldn't stop the flow. I think by the time I was done peeing...like five minutes later ... maybe only a quarter of my bladder was full. I was trying to stop the flow as soon as it started. I mean really asking a pregnant women to have a full baldder is major torture! Hope you are feeling better.

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

#9 of 11 Old 04-03-2010, 01:29 AM

Oh, now I feel lucky...only had to have a full bladder for the first 2 minutes and then they let me empty it all the way!

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#10 of 11 Old 04-03-2010, 09:41 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I had a level 2 ultrasound yesterday and while I didn't experience cramps, I did have some significant discomfort when she was doing the exam when she pressed in certain areas. She seemed surprised when I winced like she had never had that happen before (and I can't remember it happening with other u/s). It felt almost like she was pushing down on a hard part of the baby and there was my tissue in between. Who knows, but it didn't feel good, I know that !
#11 of 11 Old 04-04-2010, 12:46 AM - Thread Starter

the cramps stayed with me all day and last night. i kept feeling like i had to go to the bathroom but nothing helped except going to bed early with a heating pad. i'm happy to say that i woke up today feeling much better!
i think it's so strange all these weird things about pregnancy that no one talks about...but then i run it by the ddc and there's someone else in the same boat. i really appreciate you ladies!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page