Chlorophyll.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 04-05-2010, 11:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do I NEED to dilute it?

Couldnt really find anything on the internet about diluting vs. taking it straight. Does anyone know?

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#2 of 8 Old 04-06-2010, 04:30 AM

I've seen clients drinking it by adding to water (proportions done by taste preference). I've tried it and the brand had spearmint in it, so it was a minty, fresh drink (I added ice to it). Other brands aren't so tasty, so if you don't like the taste, you can play around with adding it to juices or smoothies.

Note: Careful, it STAINS! A minor inconvenience, liquid chlorophyll will turn everything...and I mean everything a nice green hue...including your teeth! The trick is to drink then brush your teeth right away.

Hope that helps.

Bekah (33): Doula and CNA sharing a great life with DH for 10 yrs now, momma to DS Baron (7/10)
#3 of 8 Old 04-06-2010, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter

Ahhh, that's why they say to dilute it!! Ok, to save myself green teeth I will continue to put it in water.

Thanks so much

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#4 of 8 Old 04-06-2010, 01:20 PM

You don't have to dilute it, it's just a taste preference. Last time around, I put it in oj but had to gag it down each day. This time it's much more palatable in plain ol water.

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

#5 of 8 Old 04-06-2010, 02:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Why are you all taking this?
#6 of 8 Old 04-06-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegal View Post
Why are you all taking this?
I've heard this mentioned a couple of times before but I'm not recalling why it's used. Someone care to fill me in?

Happily unmarried to DP guitar.gifParenting: DD (March '06) energy.gifwaterbirth.jpg, DS (August '10) fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg, and our furry kids dog2.gifGuiney Pig, dog2.gifPo the POlice, and cat.gifMrs. Puff. Loving WAHM life in the Mortgage Bizz with DP.

#7 of 8 Old 04-06-2010, 11:57 PM

I took it last time I was pregnant, but a bit later on. I think it was reccomended because I was a bit anemic, and it is supposed to help your body convert iron from food into the form needed to make blood cells. I bought the minty kind, but didn't like it much. I would fill a shot glass about 3/4 full, top off with water, and shoot it. I knew all those poor decisions in college would pay off in some sort of useful way.

CD'ing, homebirthing, milk making school teacher. Supporting my family on my income and trying to get out of debt in 2013!
#8 of 8 Old 04-07-2010, 01:34 PM

I took it with my last pregnancy for low hemoglobin count. It did the trick!

Wife, Mom, Health Services Researcher
Uno ('03) Dos ('08) and Tres (Aug '10)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page