Exausted! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-07-2010, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought we aren't suposed to be so tired in the 2nd trimester. I don't remember being this tired at this point with my other 2. I was in the 1st trimester, but not at 21 weeks. I don't know how I am going to get anything done. I need to be packing to move at the end of the month & I want to cry just thinking about the dirty dishes I need to wash. Any suggestions on boosting energy levels? I CANNOT just be lazy right now I have wayyy too many things I need to be doing.

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2010, 07:17 PM

I feel ya! Some days I am so tired that I cannot do anything but lay on the bed!!! The other day I drank a really good smoothie with tons of fruit and spinach in it and then it was like I was superwoman for the day. I washed, and this is no joke, EVERY DISH in the freaking house! (We suck at housekeeping.. some dishes at the bottom of the sinks had mold! barf!) And then cleaned the kitchen, went grocery shopping, cooked dinner, precooked a bunch of stuff for meals for the week, baked cookies and did some laundry. I was convinced the smoothie had magic in it.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:21 PM

I'd love to hear of something too. I tried coffee a few times, ugh, just made me feel icky and jittery. I've tried tea, but it's just not strong enough.
I've just submitted to having my own nap when DD naps, it's the only thing that helps me feel normal again.
:yawning

Cherie: Ex-pat Mama in France to Chiara (Mar 08) and Adrian homebirth.jpg(Aug 2010) . cd.gifsewmachine.gif,winner.jpg
Old 04-07-2010, 08:12 PM

I hear you. I was just sitting here on the couch thinking how tired I am.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:10 AM

I generally feel better now at 20 weeks but if I do anything extra I'm wiped. I slept 8.5 hours last night and took a 2 hour nap today. After the nap I did 2 hours of yard work with DS and am ready for bed now. Ugh. I felt like the yardwork was really too much which was a bit disconcerting given how much needs to be done.

Megan-39, Postpartum Doula, DW to Sacha-40 (18 years together) and Mama to Finn Alexander born 4/2/07 and Zivia Littlewood born 8/23/10

Old 04-09-2010, 01:06 AM

Me too. 20.5 weeks now.

(Yawn....yawn).

It might be in my mind, but I'm sure I feel more tired than in the first trimester. (?)
Sleeping like a trooper. As much as I can get - anything from 8-10 hours a night. No naps though, I can't do naps, they tend to turn into 8 hour sleeps (ahem).

I suspect a slight iron deficiency sometimes, or B12 - even though I'm taking a good pre-natal supplement - when I got my blood tested a few weeks ago, the iron/folate was a little on the low side (but not out of range). Not sure how to really get more digestable iron into the diet though...without the added 'backing up' if you know what I mean. LOL.

Hope everyone starts to feel less tired - where is this bouncy, springy, more energy 2nd trimester I've read so much abou......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ZZZzzzzzzzz.

G

User Tag List