Spotlight on... meredyth0315! April 12-16 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 04-11-2010, 11:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here's a few questions to get you started... feel free to add more info to this!

EDD:
Name:
Family:
Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses):
Names you like:
Birth Plans/Preferences:
Strangest craving/aversion this pregnancy:
Hobbies/Interests:
How you met your SO:
How you ended up at MDC:

Loving being a stay at home mamma to DD 10/07, and newly arrived DS 7/26/10
#2 of 9 Old 04-12-2010, 09:26 AM

EDD: 8/2/10
Name: Meredyth

Family: 3 boys (7,5,19mos), DH & one golden retriever

Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): Girl!!! Yay

Names you like: Isabella Rose, she's our Bella Rose

Birth Plans/Preferences: Not stressing it this time around. I've had 3 c/s, so I'm hoping for my last to be vbac

Strangest craving/aversion this pregnancy: PB&J - can't get enough

Hobbies/Interests: Being in FL, we go to Disney quite a bit, so that would be my hobby. I also like to read and a good cheesy scifi movie

How you met your SO: I saw him at a store I worked at with his sister and I had to see if they were dating or related, once I found they were related I gave him my # and knew we would get married. That was almost 10 years ago this month

How you ended up at MDC: Unfortunately I had a loss and felt pretty much hopeless, but I found lots of kindness and strength here to get me through and I've been here ever since

Meredyth partners.gif Travis, Mama to my boys J, L, E & my girl B
Bella Rose is here 07/29/10!
Always missing my angel1.gif
#3 of 9 Old 04-12-2010, 09:42 AM

did you use any method to get a girl?

**Meghan***Wife, Mother, L&D RN... DS Logan 9/05 DS Riley 05/07, and DS #3 Cian is here!!! 7/25 x3
#4 of 9 Old 04-12-2010, 10:34 AM

Just hoped & prayed I was surprised to even get pregnant with such a long cycle. I was I think 28DPO or so when I got the bfp, crazy! My MIL had 3 boys then a girl, so it's like a mimic of that. Thanks for asking

#5 of 9 Old 04-12-2010, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

Do your boys know yet about you being pregnant? Are they excited?

Are you reading any books to get ready for labor/birth/new baby/vbac?

And here's a totally self-serving question - You said you go to Disney a lot - what age do you think its worth flying down with a toddler/kid so that they would get a lot out of the experience?

#6 of 9 Old 04-12-2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayK View Post
Do your boys know yet about you being pregnant? Are they excited?

Are you reading any books to get ready for labor/birth/new baby/vbac?

And here's a totally self-serving question - You said you go to Disney a lot - what age do you think its worth flying down with a toddler/kid so that they would get a lot out of the experience?
Yes, our oldest was hoping for another boy, he said he wasn't sure how to act with a sister Our middle son is so excited b/c he tends to feel her kick more and he always says how his sister kicks him. And our youngest just wants to eat

I was so obsessed with my last pg that was a homebirth gone awry that I didn't enjoy it as much as I should've. I learned so much back then that has since stuck with me and I vowed not to make that same obsessive mistake. I also needed it for peace with whatever happens. 2 out of the 3 were transverse so I seem to have a thing for sideways babies I did read alot of Ina May, and articles and such, also involved with ICAN, but I stepped away to GIP

Ahh, Disney, my other love Honestly I think that 4 or 5 is an ideal age to take a toddler. They're old enough to not be as terrified as the 2-3 age, and meltdowns aren't as prevalent. I would recommend taking breaks back at your resort to break up the day. I used to go park commando, but it just doesn't work with kids. There's a lot of neat things to do with them also. Like at Hollywood Studios there's the Jedi Training Academy where they train with a Jedi Master and Darth Vader comes out and battles each kid - so awesome especially if your kids are into it. Just things like that. And it's free I have tons of info & experience if you ever have questions or anything. I also have access to many condos/resorts if you need an affordable place to stay when you decide to come down - and they're really nice, too

#7 of 9 Old 04-16-2010, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the Disney advice I'd *really* like to go to Disney with DD, but she's only 2.5, and I think she'd probably "melt" after about 2 or 3 hours. Plus, she still takes long afternoon naps. Soon enough, I guess!

What non-pregnancy books/movies have you been reading recently?

#8 of 9 Old 04-16-2010, 05:35 PM

I was going to ask you to recommend a good cheesy sci-fi movie for me - I like them too, but have no clue about what's come out in the last few years!!

Aside from Disney, where do you/ would you like to go on holidays?

Tell us about where you live - what's the area like? house or apartment? what's in it? (I'm really nosy about other people's homes!!)

Lisa - mama to Eleanor Rose 01/08 and Saoirse Lily 09/10
#9 of 9 Old 04-19-2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayK View Post
Thanks for the Disney advice I'd *really* like to go to Disney with DD, but she's only 2.5, and I think she'd probably "melt" after about 2 or 3 hours. Plus, she still takes long afternoon naps. Soon enough, I guess!

What non-pregnancy books/movies have you been reading recently?
I'd wait then for her to really get a memorable time of it. Plus there's so much princess-y stuff she'll (&you guys,too!) will have such fun This is so embarassing, but I haven't read a book in months I enjoy mysteries or thrillers, and well, there's a Disney book called Kingdom Keepers which was good and it's sequel. I'm such a dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnAir View Post
I was going to ask you to recommend a good cheesy sci-fi movie for me - I like them too, but have no clue about what's come out in the last few years!!

Aside from Disney, where do you/ would you like to go on holidays?

Tell us about where you live - what's the area like? house or apartment? what's in it? (I'm really nosy about other people's homes!!)
Let's see, mostly SyFy has the good/bad ones, like the MegaShark vs. Giant Squid. There was one, but it was actually good called Beauty and the Beasts - A Dark Tale. There was one about Robin Hood, too, but I can't remember the name. MegaPiranha is coming out soon
We've taken trips to Georgia, North & South Carolina and that's pretty much it as a family. We'd like to go up North and just do a big trip and hit everything along the way since we're in Florida and can't go south
We just moved to a bigger house, on an acre. It's a ranch style, wood floors, but a little outdated on the kitchen design. It has a lot of potential, but it's here and I don't want to stay in Florida forever.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page