Sleeping pillows for Moms? Wedges? etc? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-17-2010, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do you have one- do you like it- what'd you get-etc etc...

Snoogle? Wedge for under the belly? body pillow?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2010, 09:55 PM

i always sleep with a body pillow, and while i'm pregnant i use it to cushion the space that doesn't touch the bed... i don't actually put it under my belly. i'm a stomach sleeper until i can't be, so i do this weird semi-side sleep thing. only possible with a body pillow.

SAHM to Hannah (11/04), Cash (02/08), and Adelaide (07/10) dh, Chris.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:08 PM

I got a body pillow and am very happy with it. Only $10 at Ikea, and comes with the pillow slip. I have it between my knees and under my belly.

Old 04-17-2010, 11:01 PM

We got the Leachco All Nighter, thinking it would be lovely and wonderful.. So far it's just HUGE in the bed (and we have a king!). Hopefully it will become useful, but it hasn't quite panned out yet. These days just an extra squishy standard pillow is the choice de jour!

K, H, and baby E (who is now three!!!)
Old 04-18-2010, 03:20 AM

i am cheap and just got a body pillow from bbb and cuddle that with another small pillow at the base of my back and i've been sleeping better. i too prefer stomach sleeping so being on my side is really hard for my shoulders. i don't know if i should put my shoulder behind me (so my chest is against the bed) or in front but then i'm so hunched and curled i wake up feeling so tight. i do love the body pillow, though.

DD: 8/10

Old 04-18-2010, 03:59 AM

DDCC. I'm nearly 30 weeks, and the little belly wedge (in addition to other various pillows and cushions) is my favorite, most versatile one. I put it under my belly, or behind my back, or under my laptop when I'm on the laptop in bed!

scifi-convention runners Kate, DH Drew 11/07, DD Cora 12/97. We , ,
Welcome to baby Fiona with a giant omphalocele, 6/17/10!
Old 04-18-2010, 10:25 PM

My sister swears by this pillow. (It's made by Jolly Jumper in Canada.) She used it for sleeping and then used it for nursing. I can attest to it being an awesome pillow for feeding and comforting the baby and saw it in action when my sister was nursing. Way better than the boppy.

She's bought one for me, and my MIL will be bringing it with her in a couple of weeks when she visits, so I can report back then. For now, I just use a regular king size pillow. It works pretty well.

S, wife to M, missing my angel baby (May 2009) and just welcomed our son, D, 7 lbs 2 oz, 20.5".
Old 04-19-2010, 01:04 PM
LZP

I bought the snoogle thinking it would be a fantastic thing! i stopped using it about 3 days after I got it. It's HUGE in bed, and we too have a king! It takes up so much space, and requires me to fully wake up to reposition since it involves taking off covers, flopping th huge thing around, and then re-covering. Dh is none too happy about it. not to mention, it's like the size of another person in bed.

NOW I think that it might be good, now that I am needing more support for my belly and back, and using 2 extra king pillows is just as cumbersome if not more so, since they're not attached. the squishy king pillow between knees/under belly is working OK fornow, but my back is getting jealous of the support.

I too used to be a tummy sleeper, and this adjustment is not going so well... i toss and turn all.night.long.

so, my point- maybe the snoogle isnt so bad once you get further along. in the beginning, it was just too much for me.

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:49 PM

I had something with my first pg (not really sure what it's called anymore), but it's another thing that seems to be lost at SIL's house. However, I haven't needed it yet. A regular pillow between the knees helps my back and I haven't yet gotten uncomfortable elsewhere.

Amy (34): mommy to DD1 (11/07) and DD2 (7/10), wife, wohm, and wannabe suburban homesteader.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:55 PM

I use a regular old body pillow. I LOVE it. I throw my leg over the top and sort of sleep on my side/stomach. Hard to explain but it is so comfy for me.

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
Old 04-19-2010, 06:05 PM

I've been using my Snoogle for about a week and really like it. It's nice not to have three or so pillows around me that are hard to keep in place throughout the night like last time around. Plus, I keep finding myself sleeping on my back and the Snoogle is there for back support so I'm not really flat.

Andrea , wife to Mark , mama to Taylor Elise (2) and Aurora Evelyn (born 8/17/10!)
Old 05-01-2010, 04:11 AM

I finally caved (this if our 4th baby to make it this far) and bought the Snoogle. I LOVE IT!!! SO wonderfully supportive and comfy that it totally makes up for it's initial awkwardness. I'm getting better sleep and find that it's just as comfy to sleep on my back and to turn over and throw my leg over the long side.

On a side note, my husband is deployed so I'm only sharing our king with the great dane and who ever wanders in the night. lol He might have issue if he were home but then we're used to sharing our sleep space with 3 kids (random visits) and the dog who takes up as much space as my husband. LOL

Eva- Navy Wife and mama to 3 amazing kiddos Gretchen 9, Koen 7, Charlotte 4, and 5 precious angels that will never be forgotten and 1 last surprise Boogy Baby due Aug 12.

User Tag List