August Hypnobabies! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 04-20-2010, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Who else is doing hypnobabies? Listening to anything in particular? Any tips or inspiring stories you want to share?
I'm doing the home edition and trying to get into now and get committed - I was thinking that some sort of accountability thread would help me and others out!...
#2 of 26 Old 04-20-2010, 03:06 PM

I wanted to do it but it's pretty expensive and we're on a tight budget right now until we pay off some cc debt. But I digress... Our doula lent me an older Hypnobirthing book with CD b/c I asked her about Hypnobabies. I figure it's a good start... Just haven't started reading it yet (or listening to the cd)!

Colleen (35) married to Brian (35) 11/06; DD Emilia 6/6/08; DS Breckin 8/2/10
#3 of 26 Old 04-20-2010, 03:29 PM

i wanted to do it too but the home study since there is no class in our area and it's 140, the hypnobirthing class at the hospital is covered by my insurance fully, so I can't justify the extra cost, so I am just going to do the hypnobirthing through the hospital.

Nicki wife to Rich, Mama to 7 y/o DS, and a beautiful Princess Aug 2010
#4 of 26 Old 04-20-2010, 03:52 PM
LZP

We dont have a class in our area, so I'm just taking the natural childbirth course at my FSBC, and got the Marie Mongan Hypnobirthing book. Hoping those two will be enough. It's no Hypnobabies, but it'll have to do.

MissMorgan, good luck with it!! I might lurk here to see what the other ladies are getting out of it. I hope it serves you really well and you get a beautiful birth!!

I decided for myself that the book might be enough, since i have so many relaxation and guided meditation tracks on my iPod. Couldnt justify the cost, and couldnt (i.e. didnt put in the effort to) find it pre-owned online!

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#5 of 26 Old 04-20-2010, 05:12 PM

I bought the complete Hypnobabies set off of eBay for $80. It seems like I'd be able to sell it myself on eBay for at least $80, so theoretically, I'd be getting it for free.

But I don't want to part with it! When I'm finished, I want to pass this on to my friends. This program seems like it would be helpful to all pregnant women, especially those I see on Baby Story, et al.

From my past experiences I know that anxiety stalls labor and tension increases pain. Hypnobabies is already helping me overcome both anxiety and tension. In fact, I used some of the techniques at the dentist last week!

I'm on Week 2 of the home study program. Listening to the discs is sooo soothing and I want to "brainwash" myself with positive messages. I thought that I already had positive thoughts about childbirth but now I realize how much fear and doubt are lurking in my mind.

I've also found that listening to one 30 minute disc leaves me feeling as rested as a two hour nap but without the groggy wake-up feeling. Yay Hypnobabies!! I just wish I had found this five pregnancies ago!

Catholic homeschooling mom of two daughters and four sons... baby Mark born on 8/27/10. Kidney Disease Awareness
#6 of 26 Old 04-21-2010, 03:49 AM

I just got a copy of the home study a couple of weeks ago and haven't really started yet. I've listened to the pregnancy affirmations about 4 times and one of the week 1 sessions, but I fell asleep. I am a bit overwhelmed, trying to find a regular time to listen when I won't just fall asleep. I may try doing it during my son's nap but I hate to give that time "up". Though, I guess I should change my mindset and think of it as really taking time for myself.

Do you do the script each day as well as pregnancy affirmations?

If you've started already, are you spending 2 weeks on each class or just 1? That's the other thing I need to decide. I'm thinking I'll spend 2 weeks on each class and then go into maintenance.

Megan-39, Postpartum Doula, DW to Sacha-40 (18 years together) and Mama to Finn Alexander born 4/2/07 and Zivia Littlewood born 8/23/10

#7 of 26 Old 04-21-2010, 12:21 PM

I'm doing hypnobabies this time! I'm trying for a VBAC. I've been listening to the VBAC tracks since 18 weeks, started the home study course around 19 weeks. My favorite tracks so far are creating anesthesia, and hypnotic childbirth (1 and 2). I am really excited to hear the Fear Clearing Session. I won't get to that one for about another week. My doula has had a few women who had really good luck with the program!

I pretty much only listen to it at night too. I try to start early enough that I can listen to the main recommended track before falling asleep and then listen to the other tracks (the weekly ones, VBAC, and joyful pregnancy affirmations) on the playlist.
#8 of 26 Old 04-21-2010, 01:09 PM

DDC crashing just to remind everyone that there is a yahoo group for Hypnobabies and it really has a ton of great information, birth stories, etc. After a ton of research and deciding and a jump start back at week 16, I'm planning on starting it full force by week 26 and doing each lesson 2 weeks at a time to land maintenance around week 36.

Megan - falling asleep during the tracks is perfectly normal and NOT a bad thing. You still get the information! I did start a little early with the first two tracks and the affirmations CD and some days I fell asleep right away and other days I just drifted (twilight?) but was fully aware of the entire script. Bedtime is the only option for me to get the CD's in and I was worried about the sleeping thing too, but everyone on the yahoo group swears that it's a normal, effective part of it all. They do say to try and listen to each script at least once while fully awake, but I found that somewhere in the two week session you really won't fall asleep and you really will get the entire track in while being aware, so I don't know that you have to create a special time to do so?

*returning to lurking *

Samantha, married to Holly for over five years . DD #1 born 12/13/06 , DD #2 born 8/18/10 and 2 furballs of indeterminate age.
#9 of 26 Old 04-21-2010, 02:51 PM

I'm doing Hypnobabies as well! And I too listen to the tracks at bed time, and almost always fall asleep!

Right now I'm just listening to the 2 tracks they sent me when I signed up for a course--these tracks are "Your Special Place" and "A Comfortable Birth." I start my 6 week course on May 4--I'm excited!

5*10*15*20****25****30***35****40*42
#10 of 26 Old 04-21-2010, 03:04 PM

Megan, I am doing the one class per week schedule because I'm already feeling some anxiety about pregnancy and birth. I figured I'd be best off working through the entire program sooner, rather than later. It really is helping.

I highly recommend listening to one of the scripts in the morning before you are sleepy. Doing it right before nap time or bed time is convenient... I'm already in bed!

But I made myself try one in the morning and it was great! I heard the entire thing, rather than hoping that it sinks in to my asleep self. The best part was how energized I felt afterwards. I felt better after a 1/2 hour disc than I did after eight hours of sleep.

Catholic homeschooling mom of two daughters and four sons... baby Mark born on 8/27/10. Kidney Disease Awareness
#11 of 26 Old 04-21-2010, 03:24 PM

I'm doing it again this time, I used it last time as well through an induced birth. It's an amazing program and well worth the time and money. I just can't find my binder at my moms house so I haven't been able to start yet.

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone
#12 of 26 Old 04-22-2010, 02:20 PM

I bought the Hypnobabies home study course used directly from Hypnobabies - only cost me $85 for the entire set. I have not started it yet, I'm waiting until the semester is over (my last final is May 5th) so that I will have enough time and attention to devote to it. Although I think I will pop the affirmations CD in the car so I can at least start listening to that as I'm driving around.

Wife to 8/07, SAHM to DS1 12/08 & DS2 7/10
#13 of 26 Old 04-22-2010, 04:20 PM

I'm doing hypnobabies as well. Planning for a HBA3C in August. I started listening about 6 weeks ago. I couldn't wait. I'm doing each class over about 2-2.5 weeks.

I would recommend calling hypnobabies and seeing if they have a used homestudy. It's much cheaper!

Quote:
falling asleep during the tracks is perfectly normal and NOT a bad thing. You still get the information! I did start a little early with the first two tracks and the affirmations CD and some days I fell asleep right away and other days I just drifted (twilight?) but was fully aware of the entire script. Bedtime is the only option for me to get the CD's in and I was worried about the sleeping thing too, but everyone on the yahoo group swears that it's a normal, effective part of it all. They do say to try and listen to each script at least once while fully awake, but I found that somewhere in the two week session you really won't fall asleep and you really will get the entire track in while being aware, so I don't know that you have to create a special time to do so?
I'm loving my practice. Keeping me very calm. I have burned the tracks to CD for each week. So I make a disk for week 3 day one and a disk for week 3 day 2. It has the track and the birthing affirmations right after it. I'll alternate the tracks with my VBAC success CD each every 3rd day or so.

Wife to a wonderful husband, mom to 5 amazing boys, 2 m/c and Knox Cornelius our 5th son born at 15weeks 12/3/2011, Lillian Faith our 1st daughter, born at 14 weeks May 19, 2012 (Turner Syndrome). 

#14 of 26 Old 04-22-2010, 05:56 PM

I'm just starting to think about doing Hypnobabies - what has made you all decide to do this program? The other one I'm considering is Bradley. There is a Bradley course in my area, but no HB in all of Florida for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorona View Post
I bought the Hypnobabies home study course used directly from Hypnobabies - only cost me $85 for the entire set. I have not started it yet, I'm waiting until the semester is over (my last final is May 5th) so that I will have enough time and attention to devote to it. Although I think I will pop the affirmations CD in the car so I can at least start listening to that as I'm driving around.
How do you buy it used? I just see the new option for $140.

S, wife to M, missing my angel baby (May 2009) and just welcomed our son, D, 7 lbs 2 oz, 20.5".
#15 of 26 Old 04-22-2010, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoMama View Post
I'm just starting to think about doing Hypnobabies - what has made you all decide to do this program? The other one I'm considering is Bradley. There is a Bradley course in my area, but no HB in all of Florida for some reason.

How do you buy it used? I just see the new option for $140.
I called the number and talked to someone there. Sometimes they have a wait list if there is a high demand but I got mine right away.

I am so excited to do it again.

As far as sleeping, it is not important to stay awake. Your conscious mind actually messes with the information and you don't always get the full benefit. You may find yourself thinking about how weird it feels or you hope you are doing it right or focus on the itch you can't scratch in the off position. When you surrender to your sub-conscious mind it gathers the information in it's purest form.
Most of the time you are not really sleeping just in a hypnotic state like when you drive the same road all the time and find yourself there with out any thought like auto pilot.

To be continued...lol bath time

**Meghan***Wife, Mother, L&D RN... DS Logan 9/05 DS Riley 05/07, and DS #3 Cian is here!!! 7/25 x3
#16 of 26 Old 04-22-2010, 09:12 PM

I just started hypnobabies this week. I'm not sure if I should spend two weeks per class, or just one week and do the maintenance for longer. I'm worried that I'll lose momentum early on if I go too slow, but then maybe the maintenance weeks will go really slowly if I do one week per class. Any thoughts?

Mama to DS1 (2/08) and DS2 (9/10).
#17 of 26 Old 04-23-2010, 12:37 AM

Russsk I've found that doing one class every 2 weeks have been just right for me. I can skip a night or so and then get right back into it. I'm new to hypnobabies, so I felt like I had additional time to get down some of the hypnosis techniques I'm being taught.

Quote:
I'm just starting to think about doing Hypnobabies - what has made you all decide to do this program? The other one I'm considering is Bradley.
I took a Bradley style class my first pg. It didn't work so well for me during a long induction and subsequent c/s. I think it does have it's benefits and works well for some. It just didn't meet my needs (and I'm not sure that anything would have in that situation).

Really for me after watching several youtube videos and reading the information about hypnobabies it just felt right to do it with my HBA3C in August. It's kind of hard to describe why I picked it. I did try the free track before I chose to buy it and, as I said, watched a lot of youtube videos of hypnobabies being born. After I'd listened to the free relax me track for a week or so I knew that it was going to be a good fit for me.

Wife to a wonderful husband, mom to 5 amazing boys, 2 m/c and Knox Cornelius our 5th son born at 15weeks 12/3/2011, Lillian Faith our 1st daughter, born at 14 weeks May 19, 2012 (Turner Syndrome). 

#18 of 26 Old 04-23-2010, 09:36 PM

Hey ladies...This was just posted in the hypnobabies yahoo group if you're looking for a discounted homestudy...

Just letting everyone know that we have 3 ways to get Hypnobabies at a
discounted rate right now:

1) Our eBay store has a Hypnobabies Home Study Course Bundle which
includes our Home Study Course *plus 4 MP3s of your choice*, at $135.00,
which is less than purchasing the course alone if bought in our regular
website store! eBay listing:
http://stores. ebay.com/ Official- Hypnobabies- eStore We relist the Bundle as
soon as it sells, so there is almost always one for sale.

2) Also in our eBay store, we now have a set of 4 CDs just for the New
Mother, selling for $30.00, which is 50% off of our regular website price.
This CD set makes a great gift for yourself or for another mom nearing the
end of her pregnancy, and includes Come Out Baby, After Your Baby Comes,
Breastfeeding Success and Peaceful Sleep Now for All, which can be used for
all family members. This set will be offered only twice per month.
http://tinyurl. com/NewMotherSet

3) Our Hypnobabies Spring Sale starts on Sunday, April 25th, for one
week, ending at midnight on Saturday, May 1st. All items in our regular
website store at www.Hypnobabies. com <http://www.hypnobab ies.com/> will be
20% off, including all CDs, books, our Home Study Course and all products
for birth professionals. *MP3s and eBook downloads are not included in this
sale. Please use the promotional code, SPRING when you order.

Please let other moms know about these opportunities, so more moms can have
a beautiful birth!

#19 of 26 Old 04-24-2010, 02:05 PM

Argh I still can't find my binder. Is anyone willing to write down the order of CDs for me? I have the CDs but I can't remember what the directions are. My poor husband was digging through our stuff for 2 hours trying to find it!

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
#20 of 26 Old 05-05-2010, 04:22 PM

I just got my Hypnobabies home-study course in the mail today!
I'm excited to start the program - I'll probably begin next week. Did anyone have any difficulties putting the tracks on the computer? I haven't tried yet, but the materials mention that sometimes people have problems converting them to MP3s for some reason.
#21 of 26 Old 05-06-2010, 12:09 PM

Ok don't need anyones help, found a live class in the area andwhile 250 really hurts when unemployed I think it's worth it. Had my first class last night and it was awesome.
Posted via Mobile Device

#22 of 26 Old 05-06-2010, 01:00 PM

Glad you found a local class Dahlea!

No one's even heard of Hypnobabies here (UK) so I had to pay $45 to get it shipped over here on top of the $140 for the homestudy course. I really hope it pays off!!

I'm doing about 3 weeks of each week long class - which gives me the chance to skip a day here and there, especially on those days that DD acts up and won't take a nap, as that's really the only time I have to listen. I didn't have DD until 43 weeks, so I figure I have plenty of time. I'm 27 weeks today and on week 1 of class 2 (if that makes any sense?). So I'll be 38-9 weeks by the time I start maintenance (still looking at 4+ weeks of maintenance!).

I have a question though - I've just started with the Learning Self-Hypnosis and Deepening CDs and I've been having awful trouble with itching! Previously they were just saying that any movement my body made brought me deeper into hypnosis - which meant I felt happy occasionally moving or scratching an itch. But now that I know I'm supposed to be able to turn off completely and not move a muscle - I just get plagued by itches. To the point where I just can't concentrate on anything else.

Anyone else have this problem? Anything I can do about it? Will it get better with practice?

Lisa - mama to Eleanor Rose 01/08 and Saoirse Lily 09/10
#23 of 26 Old 05-07-2010, 12:24 AM

Itching it totally normal. There is an FAQ thread here about itching (lots of other good links off to the side about hypnobabies in general. http://www.enjoybirth.com/FAQ-itchy.html

I would highly recommend joining the yahoo group if you haven't already. Lots of hypnomoms there to help answer questions and give support. I love it!

#24 of 26 Old 05-07-2010, 08:50 AM

Thanks for that link! I think I'm just rebelling against not being supposed to move - but good to know I'm not the only one. I'll have to check out the Yahoo group too.

#25 of 26 Old 05-07-2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnAir View Post
But now that I know I'm supposed to be able to turn off completely and not move a muscle - I just get plagued by itches.
Oh my gosh, I know what you mean! I have really been struggling with that this week.

It seems like half the time I can't get "Deeper... deeper..." into hypnosis because I'm spending so much time counting back up to 3 in order to flip my dang switch back up, so that I can scratch or move around.

Honest to goodness, I'll think that I'm perfectly comfortable, so I do the finger drop/switch off thing. The instant that I do, I notice something painful or uncomfortable or itchy. I try to ignore it but I can't. So 1,2,3 I go again!

I have got to stop laying down in bed and listening to a cd just after lunch. I've slept through every script this week. She says, "You may think that you're asleep, but you're really just deep into hypnosis.".

But since I don't "come to" until two hours later... I'm pretty sure I was asleep.

I'm still loving it, though!

#26 of 26 Old 05-07-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageMom6 View Post
Oh my gosh, I know what you mean! I have really been struggling with that this week.

It seems like half the time I can't get "Deeper... deeper..." into hypnosis because I'm spending so much time counting back up to 3 in order to flip my dang switch back up, so that I can scratch or move around.

Honest to goodness, I'll think that I'm perfectly comfortable, so I do the finger drop/switch off thing. The instant that I do, I notice something painful or uncomfortable or itchy. I try to ignore it but I can't. So 1,2,3 I go again!

I have got to stop laying down in bed and listening to a cd just after lunch. I've slept through every script this week. She says, "You may think that you're asleep, but you're really just deep into hypnosis.".

But since I don't "come to" until two hours later... I'm pretty sure I was asleep.

I'm still loving it, though!
OMG - this is me *exactly*!!! Down to listening after lunch and waking up 2 hours later!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page