What Do You "Do"? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I saw a thread like this on another DDC and we did a one in my last DDC. It was nice because it made you feel like you were really getting to know the other Mama's.

So what do you do for a job?

I am going to admit, I.AM.BUSY. Busier than I probably should be while pregnant but what do ya do?

Ok, where to start. I am SAHM for the most part. I work mostly from home. I am a certified labor doula through Childbirth International. The city I live in is super mainstream so there isn't much of a need/want for me. I do 6-10 births a year. Not overly busy with that but it keeps me going.

My husband and I also own a ready-to-move/modular/prefab housing company. He works full-time for his dad, as a contractor as well. This business is run kind of crazily. He works on the business from his full time job and I work from home, while looking after DD.

Since starting this business we have also hooked up with a property developer from the U.S. (we are from Canada), who wants to get some things going here in our city as it is booming like CRAZY. Soon, DH and I will have two properties on the go. He will be the general contractor for both projects and I am the property development manager for one of them.

So, thats what we do

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 01:46 PM

I am doing a post-doctoral fellowship at a university. My PhD is in bio-organic chemistry and I am mainly working on bio-nanotechnology research which basically means using naturally ocurring biological structures to create useful nanomaterials for electronics or pharmaceutical or engineering applications. So really, I am a glorified lab rat.

My husband spent 11 years in the Navy and has not been able to find work since July so he is a SAHD. Needless to say, he is a little nervous about being a SAHD to not one but TWO girls now...hee hee....I see lots of dress-up and hair braiding in his future. Pretty funny considering he seems to have NO feminine side, LOL.

Crunchy Christian Wife and Mommy to awesome DH and DD1 (4/25/07) and DD2 (8/13/10)
#3 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 01:55 PM

Sahm

Mom to three girls 14, 11, 9, and 1 more Girl on the way 8/8/2010!
#4 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 02:05 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I'm a stay at home mom. I feel terribly lazy sometimes when I read about how much other people accomplish.

My advice may not be appropriate for you. That's ok. You are just fine how you are and I am the right kind of me.

#5 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 02:05 PM

I currently work for myself selling handmade stuff online and at the local Saturday Market. I sell handspun yarn, hand dyed fibers, felting kits, hand carved knitting needles and crochet hooks, shibori silk scarves, wool dread falls, funny crazy hats, monster mittens, baby hats and baby legwarmers. Plus I have about 5 other projects in the works.. (ahh, writing that down makes me sound like a nut!)
My partner owns a remodeling business with his dad.. he's also starting to work on ecommerce site development.
#6 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 02:13 PM

I do what needs doing.

I'm a certified athletic trainer (ATC), but I haven't worked full time at that in a few years. I'm part time at a university, 10 hours a week, right now.

My husband and I have acquired 5 units of rentals in the past year, so we're busy with a lot of remodeling and fixing and geese juggling on that front, but all in the interested of creating an income stream that leaves us able to continue to be "part time" in the fields that make us happy (he's a blacksmith), while still being able to be part time SAHParents.

With the new baby, I'll be a SAHM for a while. My DD attends Montessori school M-F from 8-3:30, which she started doing at 20 months. She'll be 3 in June. Her independence has allowed me to go back to work, but we'll see how #2 feels about things, and flex with that. Fortunately, DH is an equal partner in this deal, and we find ways to satisfy ALL of our needs to "do."

Co-sleeping, Breastfeeding, EC'ing, Baby-wearing, Homebirthing mama to two fabulous girls 6/2007 and 8/2010
#7 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 02:55 PM

I'm a graphic designer. I work at home for an agency. I've been with this company for over 10 years and I absolutely LOVE what I do! Every day is different and you know know what neat things you'll learn along the way!

Colleen (35) married to Brian (35) 11/06; DD Emilia 6/6/08; DS Breckin 8/2/10
#8 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 02:55 PM

SAHM or Radical Homemaker!

Currently converting our property (1/5 acre in the city) from grass/weeds into food production. Also homeschooling so no intentions of going back to work ever.
#9 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightkindofme View Post
I'm a stay at home mom. I feel terribly lazy sometimes when I read about how much other people accomplish.

I've spent a lot of time in sales. I went back to work when DD was 3 for a year and now I'm home again. I'd love to be home with this little one that long but I don't see that to be possible. Financially we need a second income. I'm looking into going to school to get an associates in Dental Hygiene or something else in that general field. I'm thinking of working in a daycare in a health club, or doing sales in a health club part time while I attend school. That way I can bring the kiddos with me for free. DD will be in school in the fall and once my degree is finished new babe will be 2 or more so he'll go to daycare at that time. Most days I feel busy and like there is no time to get everything done, but than I think about people who are working full time AND juggling a family and it puts things into perspective that right now I have it pretty easy. After all, if I have time to sit on Mothering for far too long I must not be that busy.....

Happily unmarried to DP guitar.gifParenting: DD (March '06) energy.gifwaterbirth.jpg, DS (August '10) fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg, and our furry kids dog2.gifGuiney Pig, dog2.gifPo the POlice, and cat.gifMrs. Puff. Loving WAHM life in the Mortgage Bizz with DP.

#10 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 03:16 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
What I do is work as a traditional homemaker.

My role is to care for, raise, educate, discipline and love our children. I do this while working to maintain a Christ-centered household. I support my husband, so that he can earn the income for our family. This means I do all the cooking, cleaning, meal planning, grocery shopping, health and wellness of the family. He is provided dinner when he gets home from work, and we keep our family operating debt free by both of us being as frugal as possible. That takes a lot of work and forethought, as well.

We operate in a really "old fashioned" or traditional sense. I think the art of homemaking and raising children is a fading and lost art form. It's also one that is usually seen as less important. I don't like to list out all I "do" in a sense that it makes all the tasks seem less important than a wage-earner. However, to know my children are raised as compassionate, educated, mindful and free-thinking children of God is more accomplishment than anything else I'll ever do for me.

I used to be very active in the pro-life movement, and in politics. In the past few years, however, I see my role as being best fulfilled at home, and the nature of politics and abortion as being a somewhat "lost cause" to the progressive movement, while my children are not. So, I don't spend time on that much anymore, though I blog about being a Christian homemaker as my outlet.

We have a simpler life than most seem to today. We don't "busy" ourselves with lots of activities/programs outside of our home. Our church is our second home, but it's not an activity centered church, but a Bible centered church, so we don't have lots to "join" there, either. Our boys play baseball in the Summer, and our girls occasionally do ballet. Other than that, we visit the library, and our day is full of school, chores and then playing, while mom fills the rest of the day with her chores, baking bread, cooking, planning, etc.

So, that's what I "do".

Blessed Christian Wife and Homeschooling Mother to 8: 17 (our 1st homeschool graduate!), 12, 11, 9, 5, 4, 2 and with blessing #9 and #10 due to arrive April 2015

#11 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 03:22 PM

For the past 2.5 years I have been an eligibility counselor for the Department of Human Services. That means I interview clients and approve food stamps, medicaid, and families first (cash benefits) for them. I have a bachelor's degree in English, and this was not in my career plan -- in fact, I didn't have a career plan, and that is how I have landed here. As you might be able to imagine, it can be a hectic, stressful place.

HOWEVER, I do not plan to come back here after having the baby. I am in training right now to do medical transcription, because more than anything I want to stay at home to make breastfeeding, cloth diapering, AP, etc. easier. Also because I want to avoid having to make a decision about daycare if I can. My husband is a freelance photographer and has carved out a nice niche for himself, and we have a hefty savings to fall back on in the immediate postpartum period while we are adjusting to being parents and I am finishing up MT school. I know it's going to be kind of crazy to be starting transcription and taking care of an infant at the same time, but this seems to be my best bet for staying home, so I am going for it.

Our biggest concern is health care -- we will have to purchase our own since DH is self-employed and the application process/expense is quite daunting. I am not worried about it for the time being, we will have my work insurance until the end of the pregnancy and a couple of months postpartum, before I tell my boss I am actually leaving for good. I am flying under the radar with that right now.

Amanda, livin' and lovin' in Memphis w/ Brandon & Eliza (8.15.10)! 6/2009.
#12 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 03:31 PM

Great thread idea Jaclyn
I'm a wife and mom. I like to sew and crochet but just for fun. My husband is currently out of work so we are spending lots of family time together until he finds something (he's an engineer) I'm planning to homeschool our kids so I won't be returning to any type of job for a while. I stayed at home for a few years until we had our son.
When the kids are all grown and gone I plan to go back to school to be a childrens librarian. I've been debating on becomig an ibclc because breastfeeding is so important to me but I don't think I want to take that time away from y family just yet.

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone
#13 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 03:51 PM

I am a SAHM and also a birth doula. I've been a doula for a little over 4 years and i LOVE it!

Wife, Mother and Doula.
#14 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 03:57 PM

Great thread! I'm fascinated at the diverse roles we all fill. And SAHMs, don't you dare call yourselves lazy or just a SAHM (a few did). My husband is a SAHD (and does some part time online work, but only for a few months a year) and he is far, far busier at home than I am at work.

As for me, I am a librarian at a university. I provide research instruction and do a lot of instructional and web design. Someday I also want to be a part-time suburban homesteader with chickens, bees, a bigger garden, a cheese-making operation and whatever else I can get my hands (and not just my head) into.

Amy (34): mommy to DD1 (11/07) and DD2 (7/10), wife, wohm, and wannabe suburban homesteader.
#15 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMorgan View Post
I currently work for myself selling handmade stuff online and at the local Saturday Market. I sell handspun yarn, hand dyed fibers, felting kits, hand carved knitting needles and crochet hooks, shibori silk scarves, wool dread falls, funny crazy hats, monster mittens, baby hats and baby legwarmers. Plus I have about 5 other projects in the works.. (ahh, writing that down makes me sound like a nut!)
My partner owns a remodeling business with his dad.. he's also starting to work on ecommerce site development.
Do you have a website or online shop?? I love me some handspun yarn

Jamie, parenting w/ DH , DS1 (02/04), DD (06/06), DS2 (09/08) and DD2 born 8/04/10 9lb 1 oz
#16 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightkindofme View Post
OMG do NOT feel lazy! I stayed at home for 2 years after DD1 was born and I think I was more overworked, tired, and harried than I am now working full-time. SAHM is a tough 24/7 job, it is sad it is not more valued than it is. I wish I could take another 2 years off with this one but since DH is out of work with no options in sight I will have to keep on for a couple more years, at least he can be a SAHD.

MyFillingQuiver I enjoyed your post! I am amazed what mom's of many can do and stay so organized, homeschool, homemake and all that. Being a Christian I know all the scriptual encouragements (love Proverbs 31) for being a SAHM but its funny, I am a TERRIBLE homemaker. I can barely cook, I am disorganized, disheveled and have no idea what to do most of the time. I can do complicated science very well, running a home is another story, even with just one kid-LOL.

Crunchy Christian Wife and Mommy to awesome DH and DD1 (4/25/07) and DD2 (8/13/10)
#17 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFillingQuiver View Post
What I do is work as a traditional homemaker.

We operate in a really "old fashioned" or traditional sense. I think the art of homemaking and raising children is a fading and lost art form. It's also one that is usually seen as less important.

I'm a SAHM. DH and I consider ourselves spiritual and we believe in God but we don't belong to any organized religion, so I can't say that my position come from a strictly religious one. I do, however, fufill most of the role of a Helpmeet. I do everything at having to do with the home. Cleaning, cooking, caring for the children...even bills. DH is a Manager at Costco Wholesale...a very stressfu and demanding job that requires him to work 10-12 hour days, at least. But, because of his hardwork we have excellent healthcare and an income that allows us to operate a comfortable (NOT extravagant!!) household.
Besides, I can't imagine spending even an hour away from my children, or leaving them with someone else, so maybe my role is a selfish one, lol. Before kids I was an executive assistant...I'd probably still be running someone's errands if I was working.

Jamie, parenting w/ DH , DS1 (02/04), DD (06/06), DS2 (09/08) and DD2 born 8/04/10 9lb 1 oz
#18 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 04:43 PM
MJB

I was an apprentice HB midwife for the past 2+ years but stopped attending births last month. I'm now a SAHM and seriously, I am lazy. I don't have any little kids around that need me all the time, I read a lot, mess around on the computer, hang out with my husband after the kids go to bed. I clean, of course, but that's really not all that much work. My husband is the family chef so I don't even cook dinner (I do the dishes and clean the kitchen). I'm thinking of going back to school in January to get a second bachelor's in nursing and become a family nurse practitioner.
#19 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

I am so happy so many people responded.

Gosh, ladies, don't call yourself lazy. You are far from it. I am a semi-SAHM, BUT, I suck at it LOL. My house is a mess, I have paperwork all over my kitchen table 90% of the time so we eat in our living room LOL, DH does a LOT of the cleaning.

I spend most of my days playing with DD between taking phone calls and replying to emails. I spend a ton of time on the computer. Between than and DD I have barely anytime to keep the house clean or cook LOL.

I envy homemakers and wish I was better at it.

Oh and I am a non-working vet assistant. No work for me in that field in this city either!

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#20 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 05:04 PM

I always wanted to be a SAHM. DH and I get a little spend crazy and have a hard time refraining. So b/c of that I have to work. We have changed our spending a lot in the last 2 yrs and are working our way out of debt.

I am a registered nurse in a birthing center in a teaching hospital (don't worry we are teaching them very well). I love my job. Best part is supporting non-intervention births. I work full time night shift which is 7pm-7:30am. It is tiring but we are able to avoid daycare that way. DH lost his job last year (which set us back even more) so I changed my hours from perdiem to full time. As a perdiem I was working about 20-32hrs a week now I work 36 so not much more but now I get benefits. Dh found a job at a company that moved in down the street. He was one the first to be hired. He is the evening shift supervisor now. He works 2:30-11:30pm. We do have a baby sitter come in a couple of days a week when we work the same days but we are equally responsible for child care and all the house hold necessities even though many days it doesn't feel that way. Our house is usually a mess and we sometimes feel like we need help from a hoarding specialist. OK not really but we do have a lot of spring cleaning and purging to do.

I sew when I have time and or when I need a gift. I usually stick with baby stuff but I enjoy trying a little bit of everything.

That is my life in a nut shell. Kind of sad really.

**Meghan***Wife, Mother, L&D RN... DS Logan 9/05 DS Riley 05/07, and DS #3 Cian is here!!! 7/25 x3
#21 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 06:36 PM

love this!

i am a librarian at a university. i work part time, alternating between 3 and 4 day weeks (DH has every other Friday off. when he's off on a Friday, I work). my job is okay. i have a great boss and great benefits, but the actual work leaves much to be desired for me. as such, i have started to stick my toe into birth work. i have completed doula training and took an additional breastfeeding course. i'm currently observing a prenatal class series for DONA certification. i've yet to attend a birth. i haven't found the courage to just put myself out there yet. boo. i'm really enjoying observing this prenatal series though, and can really see myself teaching these courses...maybe someday.

i'm really just looking forward to being on leave for a year!! i LOVED my year home with my son, and am excited for the opportunity to do it again.

we just bought/sold a home and will be moving at the end of May. i'm excited for our new place, but wish the moving part would just happen magically. i envision just driving home to the new house one day after work!

i'm usually an avid knitter, but have let things sit lately. makes me sad. i've just been so tired at the end of the day that i collapse on the couch and can't be bothered to pick up my needles. i keep looking for the second trimester burst of energy, but can't seem to find it. i never really found it with my first either....and then i was actually getting some sleep at night!! i'm telling you, this new baby is GOING to be a sleeper or my faith in karma is completely shot.
#22 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 06:55 PM

I could just post myfillingquiver's for mine, lol.

I am a stay at home mom. I do all the cooking, cleaning ,ect, tho dh does jump in when I need him. (which is all too often these pregnant days)

We homeschool, so I will stay at home. Eventually I plan on going into holistic nutrition with an emphasis in allergies and culinary arts. I really just plan on doing this for our own family and my own interest and then as an extra income source if we need it someday (from home).

We eventually would like to have a u pick or csa as a family job. Time will tell...

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

#23 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 07:28 PM

I teach in a toddler room at a preschool Not nearly as interesting as some of you ladies. Not sure whether I'll go back once I have the baby- I'll probably look for a part-time nanny job that'll let me take him with me.

Eventually I plan on grad school and changing the world, but that's on hold for now

#24 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 07:52 PM

I SAH during the day and go to school in the evening. I'm working on meeting the education requirements (my BS is in Bio) to sit for the CPA exam. My goal is to stretch it out until the n00b is about 3 and then head back to work.

Lisa, mama to A (3/05) and R (11/07) and L (8/10)
#25 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 10:16 PM

I'm the administrative assistant covering Fiscal and Board Committees at a statewide food bank. This basically means I am everything from a MS Office guru and writer to an event planner and data analyst. I love my work and find it very rewarding but I wear out fast on 40+ hour weeks, much of it spent bustling around setting up and attending meetings, prepping document packets for the board and their committees, pitching in on big events and fundraisers, etc. My boss is the CFO and supervises the HR dept, Communications/PR, and IT - so I get loaned out when those departments are swamped (regardless of how swamped I might be!!!)

This is my 3rd straight non-profit position and I have to say I think I have found my niche.

Laurie & Dave having baby #1! Our SON is due 8/4/2010
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35* **40
#26 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 10:29 PM

I'm an 8th grade science teacher, which means August to May I'm a frazzled, slightly crazy lady who tries to do it all. Then in the lovely, warm days of summer I get a little taste of the SAHM lifestyle. I have to say to all you SAHM's out there, you have the harder job! Honestly I find I'm much harder on myself about cooking, housework, parenting, and keeping up the yard when I'm home all day to work on it. Being at work during the school year gives me a chance for adult (and pre-teen) interactions on a set and predictable schedule, as well as clear and concise goals that I can check off as I finish them. I don't get much of that during my SAHM summers.

Outside of my work, I love to garden. Right now I have tons of starts on every sunny surface in the house, waiting patiently for last frost to go outside. I also like to sew and play guitar, but those are pretty much summer activities. I'm hoping to make matched quilts for DD and the new one this summer. (Simple, right?)

Other things I "do" include martial arts (not right now, obviously), going to the gym (also on hold), baking bread, cooking, canning, and sometimes crafts. I work on a CSA farm in the summer to offset the cost of our food share, and I'm stoaked that DD is old enough this summer to tag along.

So interesting to see a slice of other people's lives. We are a diverse group here at MDC.

CD'ing, homebirthing, milk making school teacher. Supporting my family on my income and trying to get out of debt in 2013!
#27 of 55 Old 04-21-2010, 11:23 PM

I am a SAHM. I do lots of things at home like cooking, cleaning, laundry and managing the finances. DH works with the homeless, which means we make just enough to not be homeless, and keeps things pretty tight. I babysit my friend's little girl for extra income, but right now it is only 1.5 days per week.

I basically hang out at my house a lot, go to a couple play groups a week. In my previous life, I taught special ed, emotionally disturbed kids. I like being a SAHM way more.
#28 of 55 Old 04-22-2010, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COgirl19 View Post
I am doing a post-doctoral fellowship at a university. My PhD is in bio-organic chemistry and I am mainly working on bio-nanotechnology research which basically means using naturally ocurring biological structures to create useful nanomaterials for electronics or pharmaceutical or engineering applications. So really, I am a glorified lab rat.
I used to be a lab rat too but now I work for a company that makes research equipment and I go out and train the scientists in how to use it or demonstrate it to potential customers. I'm field-based, which means that if I'm not out visiting customers, I am usually working from home. My boss told me she's planning on cutting down my territory after I return from leave so that should help reduce my travel.

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#29 of 55 Old 04-22-2010, 12:14 AM

I stay at home full time with DD. I worked full time in finance up until last July, and then quit. So, I do toddler stuff... sandbox, painting, reading, playdoh, walks in the park, library visits, playground visits, etc. I'm not really great at "playing"... I am better at setting up activities, and supervising. I'm really trying though, as DD loves when I really play with her!

I do about 75% of stuff around the house most of the time. So, the endless picking up after a toddler, basic cleaning, dishes, laundry, laundry, laundry, errands, doctor's appointments, grocery shopping, cooking. I try to do the annoying paperwork that comes with life, so some weeks that ties me up in automated service hell on the phone, but DH really appreciates me doing that.

DH does bills, outdoor work, his own ironing (!) and helps out with other housework as needed. He is a total neat freak, and can't relax when there is housework to be done. He won't complain, he'll just do it, but he works really hard at the office, so I really try to make sure stuff is done around the house so we can all relax and have quality family time when he is home. He started a new job a year ago, and was supposed to be traveling internationally about 5 or 6 times a year for a few days each trip. But, it turns out he's actually gone about a week out of every month, which is a lot more than we'd anticipated. He traveled internationally almost all of last month. It can be very wearing doing everything on my own 24/7 for days on end, but I remind myself that plenty of women have DH's stationed overseas in dangerous places, and have it WAY worse than me!

I also am finishing my MBA - I have 3 courses left after this one is finished. I'm only doing 1 at a time, and will be done about this time next year. Yea! My final exam for this course is the Monday after next, so I am trying to be good, and not procrastinate on my studying, and spread it out over the next 10 days.

I have a horse, who I board 20 minutes away from our house at a co-op barn. I just started leasing her out 4 days a week, so my work days at the barn have gone from about 3-4 days a week, to only 1, which has been a huge help since my ligaments get sore very quickly now! Now that the weather is nice, its a lot easier to watch a toddler and get barn work done. We have a large stock tank that DD loves dropping pieces of crushed stone into... keeps her really busy, and always in my sight!

Finally, we have a friend who has needed a lot of help lately. He's 37, but was essentially raised by wolves (bad family situation) and has social interaction disabilities, learning disabilities, etc, all of course, undiagnosed. He lost his job last October, so I have been working with him to get him on foodstamps, state health insurance, collecting unemployment, find part time work, getting him into a better living situation, and teaching him how a personal budget works. Its been an interesting process, to say the least, learning how all these government programs work, and what it feels like to try to get help when you need it.

So yeah, that's what I do

Loving being a stay at home mamma to DD 10/07, and newly arrived DS 7/26/10
#30 of 55 Old 04-22-2010, 01:31 AM

This is a great thread!

I don't think I have an official job description. I am a labor and delivery nurse, SAHM, nursing faculty, online faculty kind of person. I work as needed at the local hospital in L&D and ER (which is about 3 days a month). I am mostly a SAHM. Meaning I SAH 4 days a week with our 3 boys and teach part time online 2 evenings a week (just 2 hours per evening). On Tuesdays, I work part time as nursing faculty and simulation coordinator for our community college. After baby comes, my boss at the college has agreed to a "creative" schedule for me so that I'll still be only working one day a week, but do some online course creation.

DH is a warehouse manager for a fundraising company. We homeschool our children so the online courses/teaching have been really nice for me. I do enjoy working in the hospital, but I'm not sure I can keep up that pace after the baby comes (at least until he's 6 months old or older).

Wife to a wonderful husband, mom to 5 amazing boys, 2 m/c and Knox Cornelius our 5th son born at 15weeks 12/3/2011, Lillian Faith our 1st daughter, born at 14 weeks May 19, 2012 (Turner Syndrome). 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page