Clothes and Supplies List, plus a question or two. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-13-2010, 01:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I suppose I should be going through all the clothes we've collected to see how much of each we need. So mama's, tell me what you've got!

Clothes
Not too many newborn things, because she's pretty big at 31 weeks. Plus, I know she's going to grow out of it relatively fast.

I need to stock up on 0-3 sized things. I have some sleepers and a couple onsies, but I'm sure I need more than that.

I have a good bit of 3-6 month clothes, but I feel like I need more.

We're set at 6-9 month.

Accessories
~10 bibs (more? less?)
~6 receiving blankets (more? less?)
A few hats
A few hooded towels
Bummas

Carseat
We're getting a cosleeper
We've got a BabyHawk Oh Snap and I'm going to purchase a Moby.
We have a swing/bouncer.

I need to stock up on breastfeeding supplies: tanks, bras, storage bags, freezer system, pump, cream, bottles.

Which pacifier works best for breastfeeding? (Not saying I'm going to use one, but I'd like to have one on hand, just in case. I'll be going back to work full time, so I want to make sure she's happy when I can't be there. Just being prepared.)

I feel like I'm missing everything! Help!

Nicole, wife to Sean, mother to Afton Reanne Evangeline, a natural birth at a hospital 8/17/2010 8lbs 9 oz 21 inches long.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2010, 01:04 PM
MJB

I have:
-5 tank tops
-2 gowns
-2 dresses
-1 skirt (all clothes are 0-3, newborn is unnecessary for my babes)
-cloth diapers (2 dozen inserts, 10 covers)
-sling
-Yamo carrier
-convertible carseat
-baby blankets
-toddler/crib mattress which will slide out from behind the couch for naps
-2 bags of hand me down 6-12 and 12-18 mo. clothes

No nursing anything. No swing/bouncer. No hats/bibs. I need to get a breastpump and storage bags, and a baby bath tub.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:06 PM

OMG I feel like a total hoarder reading these posts.... in my defense I still almost ALL DS' stuff, and I scored big time at yard sales, and at the clothing swap

I have literally not even a joke close to 40 hats- at last count it was 37
about 8 gowns
10 or so sleepers
numerous outfits, I would say upwards of 12 or so
10-15 pairs of socks
3 head bands
5 or 6 front snap tee shirts
15+ onsies
(all that is 0-3 months I have a couple things 3-6 mos but that's where I need to start getting more stuff because by then DS' stuff was boy not gender nuetral)
36 infant prefolds
5 or so newborn covers
5 or 6 small covers
doublers

swing, 2 bouncy seats (one from DS and one I got at a yard sale), high chair, breast pump, crib sidecarred, made breast pads, a mei tai, crib sheets blankets

I still want to get boppy, misc stuff like baby wash, nipple cream etc nursing bras, stroller and car seat

Nicki wife to Rich, Mama to 7 y/o DS, and a beautiful Princess Aug 2010
Old 06-13-2010, 02:10 PM

I suppose I should be going through all the clothes we've collected to see how much of each we need. So mama's, tell me what you've got!

Clothes
Not too many newborn things, because she's pretty big at 31 weeks. Plus, I know she's going to grow out of it relatively fast.

I never buy newborn stuff, it only fits for a week and then goes into storage.

You need less than you think. I halved our amount with our second child and halved it again for our upcoming third. Maybe one for every day of the week.

I have a good bit of 3-6 month clothes, but I feel like I need more.
We're set at 6-9 month.

You need less than you think. I halved our amount with our second child and halved it again for our upcoming third. Maybe one for every day of the week.

Accessories
~10 bibs (more? less?)
~6 receiving blankets (more? less?)
A few hats
A few hooded towels
Bummas

We never used bibs. With our first we never used receiving blankets. But dd2 was a puker so 6 was fine for us. Never used hats or hooded towels. Bummas?

Carseat
We're getting a cosleeper; Never used a co-sleeper, basinette or a crib.
We've got a BabyHawk Oh Snap and I'm going to purchase a Moby. I made a ring sling but was only used a handful of times.
We have a swing/bouncer. All our stuff was handed down and I never used either of these so got rid of them last time. Might buy a new bouncy seat just because three's a handful.

I need to stock up on breastfeeding supplies: tanks, bras, storage bags, freezer system, pump, cream, bottles. Out of these I had two cheap Walmart nursing bras. Didn't need the rest.

Which pacifier works best for breastfeeding? (Not saying I'm going to use one, but I'd like to have one on hand, just in case. I'll be going back to work full time, so I want to make sure she's happy when I can't be there. Just being prepared.) I just bought the cheapest ones for backup. DD1 wouldn't touch them but dd2 had reflux and they really helped out. She just couldn't comfort nurse the way her sister did.

The only thing that is really mandatory for us and I know it usually on people's "didn't use" list is our change table. We cloth diaper and I can't imagine dragging supplies into other rooms to change the diaper when I can just do it at the change table.

We were gifted a stroller but it has hardly ever been used.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:54 PM

I, too, feel like I have tons of stuff. In MY defense (haha) I've accumulated quite a bit from my daughter and my best friend's daughter. Also, after 3 kids there's always plenty of gender neutral stuff floating around.

apprx 15 sleepers; sz nb & 0-3m
4 gowns
13 onesies
2 kimono style t-shirts (where can I get these?! Does anyone know! I love them and I haven't been able to find them anywhere...)
apprx 25-30 outfits (sundresses, shirts &pants, rompers, etc.) all sz nb & 0-3

16 prefolds (infant)
11 covers (3 newborn, rest small)
15 cloth wipes

I have a bouncy seat (although I only use that when they hit around 3 months)
a swing that doesn't work (swing) but works well for when I need somewhere higher up to set baby when I can't hold her
moby wrap
carseat
sleeping nursing bra

I still need to get

2 dz prefolds
hopefully 2-3 more nb covers
a couple packages seventh generation disposables diapers (I've been through cding a newborn and i know that for *me it isn't always completely successful until the baby is at least 1-2 months old, so I keep them on hand just in case)
a package of socks
a boppy (a must have for me!! The most useful piece of "equipment" but my old one is destroyed)
co-sleeper (first time using one because ds2 is still very much wanting to co-sleep and he's a major bed hog)
about 1 dozen more cloth wipes (that I can make)
tea tree oil and lavender oil

I also need way more 3-6 month clothing, but I'll pick those up as we go along. I would also like a bit more 0-3 m sized clothing, because if this baby is anything like my last, she'll wear the nb for about a week!

Jamie, parenting w/ DH , DS1 (02/04), DD (06/06), DS2 (09/08) and DD2 born 8/04/10 9lb 1 oz
Old 06-14-2010, 04:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for putting this up...I need to get all of my stuff down out of storage and see what I've got!!

I agree on skipping the newborn stuff if you think she'll be bigger. My babes were 10 and 9 1/2 pounds and barely wore the 0-3 month stuff...lol. I think we wore them for a month? And I didn't even put Newborn stuff on them....never would have fit them. They had to get them bigger tshirts and diapers from the pediatrics floor as it was...lol.

I would stock up on 0-3 onesies and simple things like that. Chances are, it'll be August and HOT and you'll mostly have babe in onesies and a diaper. That's my plan, at least. And of course, you'll want a few cute outifts for pictures and showing off...

Your accessories seem fine. You can always do laundry, kwim?

When are you going back to work? If it isn't immediate, I would wait on introducing the pacifier. They say you should wait a month so that nipple preference isn't a problem. I waited a month and didn't have any problems with my babies preferring them but I've seen it happen. And since I love the pacifier...I'm waiting to purchase one because I know I'll cave and use it too early and potentially mess stuff up bfing wise. kwim? My dd loved the MAM pacifier and didn't affect bfing at all. She nursed till she was 4!

Heather , momma to ' Parker- 10, Carlee- 7 and our baby Genevieve Faith - 8-27-10

Old 06-15-2010, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker'smommy View Post
When are you going back to work? If it isn't immediate, I would wait on introducing the pacifier. They say you should wait a month so that nipple preference isn't a problem. I waited a month and didn't have any problems with my babies preferring them but I've seen it happen. And since I love the pacifier...I'm waiting to purchase one because I know I'll cave and use it too early and potentially mess stuff up bfing wise. kwim? My dd loved the MAM pacifier and didn't affect bfing at all. She nursed till she was 4!
Yeah, I go back after six weeks or so. I'm planning on waiting until she's a month or so before I introduce a pacifier.

Nicole, wife to Sean, mother to Afton Reanne Evangeline, a natural birth at a hospital 8/17/2010 8lbs 9 oz 21 inches long.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:11 AM

Good grief... if you think you have lots of stuff.... lol!

I have most of my CD's just need to get another dozen or so pf's.
0-3 clothes, incl 42 sleepers, and 2 dresser drawers of outfits, and 1/2 a closet full. (Incls. about 6-8 preemie outfits and a small handful of newborn items.
20+ bibs, (w/ DS we went through about 15 a day as well as 4-5 clothing changes... so if these girls are refluxy we don't have enough!)
2 bins of 3-6 month clothes, 2 bins of 6-9 month clothes, 1 bin of 12 month and bags upon bags of 18 month - 4 T as well as 2 boxes of assorted shoes.
2 bouncies
2 swings
2 cribs are ordered (still need to buy mattresses)
2 boppys (hoping to tandem nurse)
1 double snap n go
2 double strollers (1 for each vehicle)
2 infant seats

Need yet
more prefolds
crib mattresses
crib bedding (MIL is making girly sheets and crib skirts)
assorted toiletries
convertible carseats

In my defense, other than 2 outfits for each that DH and I bought and the cribs we bought new everything else was given to me or yardsaled.

Wife (32) to DH (33) Mom to DS 2 and Twin DD's born 8/11
Old 06-15-2010, 12:03 PM

I have a bunch of really girlie clothes from DD and a few gender neutral things. We are on green team this time so we'll see. I'm not going to buy anything right now because several people want to have a little "sip and see" baby welcoming for us after baby comes. I might get a few basic onesies as DD was a Dec. baby and now we're back in the South in August. DD was only 7.7 and stayed in the newborn size for a month! I didn't really plan on that so it was a bit of a surprise. Not sure what size this one will be but I'm guessing around the same so I want to have some newborn stuff on hand.
Have:
Bassinet
Infant carseat
Boppy
Sling
Cloth Diapers
Blankets
Breast pump, bags
Need:
carseat for DD - she's still in our high weight infant one.
A swing, loved, loved my swing. Had a used one with DD and it went caput.
Some 'sposies. Still have tons of cloth leftover from DD.
Hmmm...not sure what else. If this is a boy I'll get tons of clothes for him as gifts and it will be fun to buy a few little boy things.
Nipple cream

Still a lot to think about even though DD is only 17 months old! Thanks for the input.

Happily married to my sweet DH with two precious girls (12/08) and (8/10) and a crazy puppy dog. Expecting blessing #3 around 12/10.

User Tag List