Terrible chest pain and soreness when breathing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-14-2010, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else? All of a sudden yesterday I started having localized chest pain in the left side center of my ribcage. By this morning it is still strongest there but the pain is also all over the front and to under my arms. It was much worse in bed last night but its still extremely painful this morning.

I have never experienced this before, but I read it can be common during late pregnancy? Anyone else experiencing this? Honestly, its quite frightening and if I didnt have the kids here alone (DH is military and gone right now) I would probably go in to get checked just for peace of mind, but thats not possible right now....

Mama to nine gorgeous babies, with finale #10 due April'14.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2010, 05:40 PM

I had what sounds like the same thing about a month ago and I remember having it with a previous pregnancy, but only once. It was like insanely bad indigestion, almost crushing. It happened around the time that my reflux and heartburn was really bad so I attributed it to that. Only lasted until the next morning and went away.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:36 PM

I've totally experienced this exact same thing. It felt like it could be my heart, but it only happened when I would breathe or otherwise expand my chest, which suggests the pain was emerging from my ribcage. It's gone away now (fingers crossed) but hit its peak around 26-27 weeks.

5*10*15*20****25****30***35****40*42
Old 06-16-2010, 05:05 PM
LZP

I actually used to get this when I had one too many of my favorite alcoholic indulgence that involved carbonation. a few good burps usually made it feel better, but sometimes not.
I think it is something like indigestion, with the pressure that almost made me feel light headed and out of sorts, since it was so painful! That pressure can only be worse when the abdomen is all squished with baby!

maybe one time during pg so far, I've had it too...(without the alcoholic indulgence, of course!) it's one of the only times I'd take a TUMS. it helped.

hope you dont have to deal with that too often!!!

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:59 PM

OK, not to be a total spoil sport, but I probably would go have this checked out if you are still experiencing it. It sounds a lot like a heart attack--and pregnant women are at increased risk. There's a 99.9% chance that it's not... but I'd still want to check it out and be sure. You could try taking an atacid and see if that relieves it... but if not, you should at least, call your OB/Midwife and see if they want you to come in.

Mom to DS(8), DS(6), DD(4), and DS(1).  "Kids do as well as they can."

Old 06-16-2010, 11:58 PM

Not to discount the previous post, but I inquired about this when I experienced it, so FYI: if it's a pain that moving or breathing or expanding your ribcage causes, it's not your heart. No sort of movement can start--or stop--heart pain.

5*10*15*20****25****30***35****40*42

User Tag List