anyone else really short of breath? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 06-14-2010, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It kind of comes and goes but I am getting short of breath more and more the last couple of days, even if I am just sitting. I remember this happening with DD1 but much later and not as severe. I do not feel dizzy or lightheaded or anything but it just feels really hard to catch my breath. Not to mention the heartburn the last couple of days too. Is the baby just having a growth spurt and jamming her knees into my diaphram or what?

Crunchy Christian Wife and Mommy to awesome DH and DD1 (4/25/07) and DD2 (8/13/10)
#2 of 9 Old 06-14-2010, 07:19 PM

Not this pregnancy, but my last I was constantly out of breath. Baby rested high. this babe's looow.

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

#3 of 9 Old 06-14-2010, 08:19 PM

I have asthma and the shortness of breath has been bothering me a lot for the past couple of months. It seems to have calmed down a bit this week which is great because my inhaler is empty. I went to the walk in clinic twice for a refill and they were taking names just to take info to see the doctor. There's no way I can stand around for hours waiting for a refill (pelvic pain) so I'm still med-less.
#4 of 9 Old 06-14-2010, 08:47 PM

It comes and goes but last night was the worst. I kept trying to take huge, deep breaths because I felt SO out of breath.

It's irritating.

Wife to a bearded dude.
Mama to DS [05/21/08] & DD [09/16/10] 43 weeks 1 day!
#5 of 9 Old 06-14-2010, 10:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
have you had a cbc done lately?
#6 of 9 Old 06-15-2010, 01:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerMom View Post
have you had a cbc done lately?
what is a cbc? I am assuming no since I don't know what it is.

Crunchy Christian Wife and Mommy to awesome DH and DD1 (4/25/07) and DD2 (8/13/10)
#7 of 9 Old 06-15-2010, 09:23 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
complete blood count (looks at number of white and red cells and platelets etc.) The levels are often checked at the same time as the test for gestational diabetes. It is very common to be mildly anemic for pregnant women, but some women will have more serious anemia which can be exhibited by shortness of breath among other things. Most specifically, they look at the hematocrit level...I would ask if they checked yours recently.
#8 of 9 Old 06-15-2010, 11:13 AM

I was having major issues with shortness of breath last week and the week before. I was at my moms the other day and and I got down on the floor to change DD's diaper. Just from hunching over to do that and put her pants and shoes back on, I stood up and could barely breathe!! This week is much better, but I think baby took a liking to my lower end now....thank goodness

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#9 of 9 Old 06-15-2010, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Steeler Mom. I have a midwife appointment on Thursday and will definitely ask about it. I just had the GD 3 hour (passed, woohoo!) but I don't know what else they looked at.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page