you know you are in the 3rd trimester when.... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 62 Old 06-14-2010, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
1. It takes 7 pillows, several blankets, propping up on DH and approximately 45 minutes to get comfortable in bed. As soon as you are comfortable, you have get up and pee. Repeat process.

2. You depend on your 3 yo to pick up things you drop on the floor.

3. When you stand up you have the urge to pee. When you turn over in bed, you have the urge to pee. When you walk any farther then 50 yards you have to pee. When you cough you pee, you laugh you pee, and at times fart and pee.

4. DP/DH are always at fault....for something.

5. If DH/DP suggests getting intimate, you consider a restraining order.

please add yours!

Crunchy Christian Wife and Mommy to awesome DH and DD1 (4/25/07) and DD2 (8/13/10)
#2 of 62 Old 06-14-2010, 08:22 PM

Omg number 2! I can't bend over without lots of pain. My previous pregnancies were a breeze compared to this one.

1. You are sure the baby is going to fall out any second. The pelvic and cervical pressure is insane right now. Totally new experience for me.
#3 of 62 Old 06-14-2010, 08:45 PM

1. When you're always peeing. Even just a little. No matter what you're doing. At ANY given time.

2. When you cry (for like 10 minutes) over the fact that your pregnancy boobs are much better than your non-pregnancy boobs and then tell your DH angrily, (as if this is his fault) that you're "getting a boob job asap after this" whether he "likes it or not!"

3. You find yourself trying to reason with your 2 year old daily. "Please, just be quiet and sit still for just an hour...just let Mama have a break...please? I'm tired..."

Wife to a bearded dude.
Mama to DS [05/21/08] & DD [09/16/10] 43 weeks 1 day!
#4 of 62 Old 06-14-2010, 08:52 PM

1. You can't wear anything with a waistband - maternity or not.

2. Instead of Oreos dipped in milk, you're dipping them in cream and just can't stop yourself.
#5 of 62 Old 06-14-2010, 10:32 PM

#1 is so true!

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#6 of 62 Old 06-14-2010, 10:32 PM

1) When walking any distance makes your hips feel as if they'll split in two.

2) When you go 3-4 days without pooping and then baby moves a certain way and you get to spend a whole entire day in the bathroom.

3) When everything you eat and don't eat produces heartburn/acid reflux that makes you want to stick a finger down your throat even though you know it would bring no real relief.

4) When you stop drinking water at 7pm to avoid nighttime wakings but you're still getting up every 2 hours to pee.

5) When crying has become a daily activity, usually brought on by very little or nothing at all and always seems to happen at night when you're the most tired and stressed out.

6) When getting up from the couch/chair/bed, laying down, sitting down, rolling over, bending over all produce an "UUGGHHH" sound that seems to escape your lips without your knowledge.

Happily unmarried to DP guitar.gifParenting: DD (March '06) energy.gifwaterbirth.jpg, DS (August '10) fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg, and our furry kids dog2.gifGuiney Pig, dog2.gifPo the POlice, and cat.gifMrs. Puff. Loving WAHM life in the Mortgage Bizz with DP.

#7 of 62 Old 06-14-2010, 11:02 PM

Oh man, I love these! Just today I was peeling a potato and got my 17 mo. old all excited about picking up the peels that went on the floor. She loved it.

My poor DH, I'm completely NOT snuggly at all this close to the end and it freaked him out the other night bc I had intense BH contrax after we DTD.

I know this babe is so worth it but I could totally do without the 3rd trimester!!
Only four more weeks until I hit 37 weeks but DD was 10 days late.

Happily married to my sweet DH with two precious girls (12/08) and (8/10) and a crazy puppy dog. Expecting blessing #3 around 12/10.

#8 of 62 Old 06-15-2010, 01:01 AM

Love this thread!

* You have a list of projects that need to be done before baby comes, but you don't have the energy to even get off the couch.

* When you drop something you seriously debate if it's worth the effort to bend over and pick it up or if you should just scoot it over with the rest of the pile for DH to pick up when he comes home.

* You pack an extra shirt in your car because you know you're going to end up with half of your lunch on your belly before it's all over.

* You're really thankful it's flip flop season and you don't have to worry about tying your shoes.

* It seriously feels like it's 500 degrees outside and you're convinced that the AC is broken, while the rest of the family is walking around in sweats and mittens.

Wife to a wonderful husband, mom to 5 amazing boys, 2 m/c and Knox Cornelius our 5th son born at 15weeks 12/3/2011, Lillian Faith our 1st daughter, born at 14 weeks May 19, 2012 (Turner Syndrome). 

Compound heterozygous MTHFR and Prothrombin 2 mutation.

hbac.gif homeschool.gif         chicken3.gif

#9 of 62 Old 06-15-2010, 01:13 AM

-- When you are wider when you turn sideways then you are moving straight ahead.

-- When even maternity clothing seems too small.

-- When your arms seem to short to do the dishes because your belly is in the way.

-- When you are tempted to nap all day, but can't seem to sleep at night.

-- When you keep catching glimpses of something moving out of the corner of your eye, then realize that it is your belly moving because baby is practicing the tango or some such activity.

-- When you get really good at picking up dropped socks with your toes, or start to use the BBQ tongs for all sorts of picking up tasks.

CD'ing, homebirthing, milk making school teacher. Supporting my family on my income and trying to get out of debt in 2013!
#10 of 62 Old 06-15-2010, 10:03 AM

This thread is funny! But true!!!

- when you can't sleep without the a/c, ceiling fan, and floor fan on.

- when you have no choice but to squat in order to pick things up from the floor and then hope that you can get back up.

- when you start counting down the weeks and days until the baby could potentially arrive.

- when you have to adjust multiple times while trying to pee, in hopes of getting it all out.

- you quit shaving, if you did, because you just don't care anymore.

- you kind of wish you lived in a nudist colony so you didn't have to worry about out growing clothes, or trying to put them on/take them off.
#11 of 62 Old 06-15-2010, 11:35 AM

- When you have to wear pantyliners (yay for Lunapads!) or change your underwear at least once a day because of excessive discharge or Sweaty Crotch.

- When you want the afternoon nap waaay more than your toddler and you're even willing to let them play unattended for awhile while you slip in and out of consciousness on their bed.

- When, at least for me (a petite woman with petite babies), people actually start noticing your pregnant and are shocked when you tell them you only have two months left instead of six.

- When you freely take people up on their offers to carry things for you, even if it's just a stack of dishes from the dishwasher.

- When your To Do list for DH doubles or triples and includes things like "hang pictures" and "carry this downstairs."

- When the baby inside starts stabbing you with very pointy appendages, trying to make an exit through your stomach instead of waiting to come out the easy way.

- When your nightly bathroom trips determine it's time to switch the side you're sleeping on...because rolling over from one side to the other while in bed is too hard.

- When not only your hands and feet swell, but you also develop a large, shiny, Rudolph-like nose. (This hasn't happened to me quite yet, but I know "pregnancy nose" is inevitable.)

Andrea , wife to Mark , mama to Taylor Elise (2) and Aurora Evelyn (born 8/17/10!)
#12 of 62 Old 06-15-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycatcher12 View Post
* It seriously feels like it's 500 degrees outside and you're convinced that the AC is broken, while the rest of the family is walking around in sweats and mittens.
This is so true!!! I just got into a mini argument with DP the other day because I was trying to convince him that our AC was broken. He was all "It's freezing in here."

Happily unmarried to DP guitar.gifParenting: DD (March '06) energy.gifwaterbirth.jpg, DS (August '10) fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg, and our furry kids dog2.gifGuiney Pig, dog2.gifPo the POlice, and cat.gifMrs. Puff. Loving WAHM life in the Mortgage Bizz with DP.

#13 of 62 Old 06-15-2010, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_nikki View Post
- when you have to adjust multiple times while trying to pee, in hopes of getting it all out.
And this one too......So true. I've found myself swaying back and forth or doing circles on the toilet lately. It would probably look pretty funny to an outsider....lol.

#14 of 62 Old 06-15-2010, 11:45 AM

Another one:
-When you don't feel the slightest bit strange about parking in the "New and Expectant Mothers" spot at the grocery store.

Andrea , wife to Mark , mama to Taylor Elise (2) and Aurora Evelyn (born 8/17/10!)
#15 of 62 Old 06-15-2010, 12:24 PM
LZP

All of these are so true!!

-when looking up a flight of stairs is like staring at the starting point of a marathon. "Do I really need to get that pair of shoes, or can I just wear these slippers to work....?"

-when "getting ready" for work in the morning only includes a shower because you've been sweating all night. otherwise, you'd choose the extra 10 minutes in bed. all other "getting ready" is not happening bc you opted for the 20 extra minutes in bed.

-a professional pedicure seems like the only option for getting your feet really clean, since reaching them in the shower is getting *interesting.*

- you cry (a lot) because a shelf on the wall isnt level. then cry because it has to be re-hung. then cry because it's up and now you have to put stuff on it - and you're stuck sitting on the floor with no one to help you up to get that stuff.

The babymoon isn't over! Our long awaited A born 7/18/10, making us laugh and smile every day.
#16 of 62 Old 06-15-2010, 09:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
"- When your nightly bathroom trips determine it's time to switch the side you're sleeping on...because rolling over from one side to the other while in bed is too hard."

SO TRUE!!!
#17 of 62 Old 06-16-2010, 09:41 AM

I'm loving these. Particularly relying on your kids to pick up things. My 4 year old has been up and down the stairs so many times on my behalf, he's going to have rock solid calves.

I only have a couple to add.

1. You develop a new talent for picking things up with your toes.

2. You have a whole new appreciation for heated seats in your car, in the summer!

Don't trust anyone under 5! Mom to 3 boys under 5. Blogging to save my sanity.
#18 of 62 Old 06-16-2010, 01:31 PM

1. When you take a nap, and wake up from the nap even MORE tired than before you took the nap.....sigh.

2. When strangers stop you and exclaim, "You must be due any day now!" and you have to tell them between tears that NO, you are NOT due any day now and have till the end of August.....double sigh.

Heather , momma to ' Parker- 10, Carlee- 7 and our baby Genevieve Faith - 8-27-10

#19 of 62 Old 06-16-2010, 01:52 PM

Oh gosh!!! These are all so good. I think you all have covered everything. I can't think of anything to add.

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#20 of 62 Old 06-16-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaB21 View Post
This is so true!!! I just got into a mini argument with DP the other day because I was trying to convince him that our AC was broken. He was all "It's freezing in here."
That's funny! It happens to me at work and at home. But, guess what! Our AC at home WAS broken, and it had been gradually wearing out without us knowing it. We got it fixed yesterday and I feel sooo much better at home, especially at night.

My additions:

---You get a new kitten so that your poor 2-year-old has something to do other than watch DVDs all day because mommy is too tired to be any fun.

I'm also relying on DD to fetch things for me, but I'm afraid I've taught her a fun tool. Now she says "mommy, you get..." when the item she wants is only a few feet from her. And why not? If I can be lazy, why can't she?

Amy (34): mommy to DD1 (11/07) and DD2 (7/10), wife, wohm, and wannabe suburban homesteader.
#21 of 62 Old 06-16-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKT View Post
---You get a new kitten so that your poor 2-year-old has something to do other than watch DVDs all day because mommy is too tired to be any fun.
Haha!!!! We did this too. We have a cat already that loves our 19 month old DD to pieces but he is about 16 years old.....and fat....and lazy, so he doesn't really like to play with her LOL. So I came across a 1 year old neutered AND declawed sphynx on Kijiji, so we went and bought him for her. They love each other SO much!

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#22 of 62 Old 06-16-2010, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimestersdoula View Post
Haha!!!! We did this too. We have a cat already that loves our 19 month old DD to pieces but he is about 16 years old.....and fat....and lazy, so he doesn't really like to play with her LOL. So I came across a 1 year old neutered AND declawed sphynx on Kijiji, so we went and bought him for her. They love each other SO much!
I'll bet that's one striking looking cat! Are those the hairless ones?

I'm glad I'm not the only one crazy enough to take on a new critter right before a new critter is born. We actually ended up with this kitten by accident. It was a stray our neighbor found, and we were supposed to be finding it a home, but as usually happens, that ended up being our home! DH was hesitant, but I think he's fallen for the little guy even though there is now a bit of a turf war between the kitten and our 12-yr-old cat (who seems to have peed on DD's bed in rebellion today). But it is sooooo cute seeing the kitten and DD chase eachother around.

Another sign you're in your third trimester --

--You're absolute putty in the hands of any creature in need of nurturing.

Amy (34): mommy to DD1 (11/07) and DD2 (7/10), wife, wohm, and wannabe suburban homesteader.
#23 of 62 Old 06-16-2010, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimestersdoula View Post
NO FAIR!!!! I've wanted a Sphynx for EVER!!! I check the shelters everyday but that's a no go, and I can't justify spending the money I would have to shell out to get one from a reputable breeder.

We rescued a cat from a local shelter recently as well. It's actually back fired in a way. DD is constantly holding and 'loving' the cat and I'm constantly vacuuming. But we sure love her, she's a wonderful cat. I think it's funny how you go through this "aww....I love all cute and cuddly things" while pregnant to "I couldn't care less, get this dirty thing away from my baby" after baby is born.

I thought of one more to add.

You know you're in the 3rd tri when......
.......You start giving into all the sweats and treats your DC wants to buy while grocery shopping. I'd love to say "no" but those cookies/ice cream/candy just look sooooo good.

#24 of 62 Old 06-16-2010, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Last Friday we got a new kitten for our one year old kitty! hahah! The one year old is super social and needs to play a lot and have lots of attention. I figured she needs to get used to things changing NOW before the baby comes. They are already super cute friends! (yay!)
and I love kittens.. pregnant or not!

here's my additions:

--You cry because you just want your body back. Not because you want to be your prepregnancy size but because you want to take whatever medicine you need without worrying and drink a few gin & tonics.

--You question why anyone would want to be pregnant EVER.

--Hour long car trips take forever because you have to stop and pee all the time.

--People's eyes bulge out when you go into a public restroom with a line and insist you go before them. (This happened last night and the girl was like "OMG you go ahead of me" - me "oh its okay!" - "Do you have to pee?" - me "Yeah but Im fine, you can go.." - "Do you have to pee real bad?" - me "No seriously, GO FIRST.")
#25 of 62 Old 06-16-2010, 06:33 PM

LunarLady!!! Ha ha ha! I really started laughing at the "rms feeling too short to do dishes because belly is in the way" one. I was thinking this myself!!!! I just noticed this happening yesterday and thought it ould be a great excuse!!!
#26 of 62 Old 06-16-2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycatcher12 View Post
* You're really thankful it's flip flop season and you don't have to worry about tying your shoes.

That is so me right now!

That and the having the kids pick stuff up. Oh yeah, and no liquid after 8pm to avoid hourly trips to the bathroom.

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#27 of 62 Old 06-16-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMorgan View Post

here's my additions:

--You cry because you just want your body back. Not because you want to be your prepregnancy size but because you want to take whatever medicine you need without worrying and drink a few gin & tonics.

--You question why anyone would want to be pregnant EVER.

--Hour long car trips take forever because you have to stop and pee all the time.
)
YES!!!! I want a margarita!!! I swear I'm gonna drink one the day after babe is born.

Happily married to my sweet DH with two precious girls (12/08) and (8/10) and a crazy puppy dog. Expecting blessing #3 around 12/10.

#28 of 62 Old 06-16-2010, 10:38 PM

When you start wondering when the floor got so far away.

When almost every day feels twice as long as it really is.

When you start wondering how your stomach could possibly expand even further, even when you know from previous experience that it can and will.

When Christmas seems close, but August seems like forever away. (DH tried to talk about Christmas plans. I was all "No! No! We cannot talk about Christmas! I have to have this baby before we can think about anything after August!")

Annie '02, Juliet '04, Natalie '07, Maggie '08, Theodore 11/8/10.
#29 of 62 Old 06-17-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
I'll bet that's one striking looking cat! Are those the hairless ones?
I definitely wouldn't call the poor guy striking haha. He is a hairless cat, yes. People mostly tell me he looks evil, like a rat, is hideous LOL. We love the wrinkly guy just the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaB21 View Post
NO FAIR!!!! I've wanted a Sphynx for EVER!!! I check the shelters everyday but that's a no go, and I can't justify spending the money I would have to shell out to get one from a reputable breeder.
I have wanted one for years as well! The one day DH and I decided that we should maybe look at getting another cat for DD so I went looking for one that was declawed and neutered. We have had major issues with unneutered cats spraying and clawed cats wrecking our furniture and as long as I don't have to do either of those things to a cat, I am happy to take one off someones hands that has already had it done Anyways, I was looking on Kijiji and came across this cat just an hour south of here. There was no price on him but I didn't really care either LOL. I don't think I have ever written an email so fast The owner got back to me the next day and told me they still had him, that they had had lots of inquiries but when she told all these people the price they told her she was crazy. I asked how much and she told me $500.00 as long as he was going to a good home. I immediately told her he was sold and told him we would come and pick him up. I know what these cats are worth and the fact that he is JUST a year old, has been neutered, declawed and fully vaccinated, plus they payed $1500 for him, I definitely thought the $500 was worth it.

Here's a link to his photo album on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&l=3428dcfea4

#30 of 62 Old 06-17-2010, 12:05 PM

-when you have COMPLETELY run out of patience with your toddler.

-when the kicking that was so fun when it started is now starting to get on your nerves a little bit when it won't let up.

-when your to do list keeps growing instead of shrinking because you can't possibly keep up with it.

...there are more, but my toddler is now trying to put cds through our shredder...

Elizabeth - Doing life with Scott partners.gif

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png
adoptionheart-1.gif  Follow our journey  mdcblog5.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page