Big, big baby... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-16-2010, 02:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My daughter was estimated to be 10+ pounds. She was my first baby, they were freaked and wanted to induce now, now, now! I ended up having her at almost 43 weeks and she weighed a whole 6 pounds.

Then there was my son. Supposedly didn't grow any in my belly for the last month I was pregnant. I was told it was because of my low weight gain. I was talked out of a homebirth and delivered him at a special hospital with a large nicu because they *knew* he was going to be a micropreemie based on my measurements and my ultrasounds. Boy came out weighing almost 10 pounds.

So to summarize...I don't trust them and their size/weight estimates at all.

Melaya (29) - Mom to Z (9) and soon to be I (due Nov 2013) stork-boy.gif

Birth mom to M (7), O (5), & C (2). winner.jpgnovaxnoIRC.giftriadadopt.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2010, 02:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
If you think he's going to be big it may be a very good idea to be well prepared for a natural childbirth as well. It will be much easier to push out a large baby if you are able to find the best position to do so for your body. An epideral, IV, and monitor would certainly get in the way of going with what your body is telling you needs done!

Elizabeth - Doing life with Scott partners.gif

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png
adoptionheart-1.gif  Follow our journey  mdcblog5.gif

Old 06-16-2010, 07:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't trust those ultrasounds - a ANY point for sizing/dating estimates. With DS I had a U/S 2 days before I ent into labour - they said he was 6lbs - he came out 7lbs 14oz 2 days later!!! I think that the tech has their on set of expectations/biases based on what they THINK size should be, given any # of factors.

User Tag List