SPD? Anyone have this? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 06-15-2010, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone have SPD? I am not sure if this is what's wrong with me but from what I've read it sounds like it. I don't have insurance until July 1 so I can't ask a dr.
I have this excruciating pain in my pelvic/pubic bone area, it's especially bad after laying in bed, trying to get out of bed, rolling over in bed, walking...
I've tried different positions, pillows, exercises like pelvic rocks etc but nothing seems to help and it's gettig worse every day!
I'm thinking about seeing a chiropractor but again, moneys an issue until July so I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas. Thanks.

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 06-15-2010, 03:49 PM

I'm sp sorry you're suffering...it sucks, I know!

I've never been "officially" diagnosed with SPD, but all my care providers in previous pregnancies have tried to explain to me (as if I was dumb) that some woman have "those problems" when I complain about horrendous pubic/groin/inner thigh pain. It hurts when I walk, squat, sit for long periods of time, roll over in bed, lift one leg while getting dressed, etc. Sometimes my hips click, yuck. Couple that with the fact that all three of my previous children have been OP (only one turned before birth, thanks to a watchful OB who allowed her to take her time descending...) and I'm near positive that I suffer from it.
My midwives recommended chiropractic care and think that it may have a huge impact on my whole pregnancy/birthing experience. I'd love to avoid an OP baby...again. I have my first appt tomorrow and I can't tell you how excited I am. I'll let you know how it goes.

Jamie, parenting w/ DH , DS1 (02/04), DD (06/06), DS2 (09/08) and DD2 born 8/04/10 9lb 1 oz
#3 of 7 Old 06-15-2010, 04:08 PM

I do I do I do! lol I was diagnosed with it at my last appointment. There are days I can barely walk, like today. I spent all day at field day with DS there was a lot of walking and standing around, and then I had to sit on the ground for over an hour and now I can barely move. Every step feels like my pubic bone is breaking apart.

Nicki wife to Rich, Mama to 7 y/o DS, and a beautiful Princess Aug 2010
#4 of 7 Old 06-15-2010, 04:21 PM

Me. I didn't have it with my pregnancies but I guess there is a first time for everything.

Symptoms were irregular for the second trimester but yesterday the pain has been pretty constant since yesterday. Just walking around the house makes it worse.
#5 of 7 Old 06-15-2010, 05:03 PM

I don't know???? Is this like a sharp shooting pain in the middle of your pubic bone??? If so, I get that a LOT!!!!

So sorry you are dealing with this, Autumn. I hope you can find some relief! s

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#6 of 7 Old 06-15-2010, 05:26 PM

DDC crashing here....I had spd with my first pregnancy, also was due in August! I really have sympathy for you ladies, and my one piece of advice is get into a pool if you can! At the time, I lived in a condo with a pool and I would spend half the day in there. The water takes the weight of your baby off your pubic area and it is SWEET RELIEF! Nothing else helped me, just the pool. Best of luck to all of you!

Heather-- I'm a <>< SAHM of two fabulous boys 8/05 and 2/07
#7 of 7 Old 06-16-2010, 12:54 AM

I am dealing with it, undiagnosed too. I can't even lift my left foot anymore to put on my pants/undies because the pain is too bad (right isn't a whole lot better but left for some reason is so, so bad). Turning over in bed is torture, and hearing that pelvic pop is just about the most horrible sound ever. All I can do is shuffle around after laying down or sitting for any period of time. God forbid I spend too much time on my feet either. My husband calls me "granny" - and makes fun of how long it takes me to get upstairs (I have to do the right foot up, bring left foot to same stair, right foot up...etc.)

I tried a pregnancy support belt, and while it helped in a small way, the baby kicked the whole time I had it on like he was getting squished and it hurt the front of my belly.

Heat hasn't helped. Cold hasn't helped. I keep telling myself I am going to find a chiro that specializes in pregnancy issues but I haven't yet.

Laurie & Dave having baby #1! Our SON is due 8/4/2010
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35* **40

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page