Okay, this is the scoop and question. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-16-2010, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, this is the scoop and question. I am thirty weeks and have basically been busy with Dh's last year of school, graduation, commission ceremony, moving into and putting on the market our flooded home that we just finished fixing/repairing. I am also preparing to move via military to Japan in October. I have, also, just been diagnosed with gestational diabetes, but based on my glucose levels believe it was a wrong diagnosis or not an issue and can continue with my plans to UC. My Dh is also at training and will not be here for the birth or these last weeks of pregnancy. As you probably guessed this baby was a complete surprise and I have had no real time to bond with him. At what point would you ladies take the house off the market and just concentrate on preparing for a peaceful well planned birth? I am usually a week early. This will be my fifth child.
Thanks

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2010, 06:56 PM

I would leave your house on the market. If you have an interested buyer, you can always stipulate a closing date that works for you (say in September or something like that.) In this market, I don't think you want to take the risk of missing a potential buyer.

CD'ing, homebirthing, milk making school teacher. Supporting my family on my income and trying to get out of debt in 2013!
Old 06-18-2010, 06:42 PM

I understand it is stressful with the time at the end going fast and wanting to just know what you are doing! I agree with Lunarlady, it seems a good idea to leave it on the market and see what happens and adjust accordingly.

BTW when I read the first part of your post I didn't think it was unplanned. Just life. But I should know- ours was also 'not unplanned/not planned', and we are stuck living in a tiny apt. with DP's family while we look for another apartment which will probably have to be renovated. I Never imagined the situaiton being like this...but I guess this is how it is for now. With 4 kids already I hope you are managing the stress ok with the potential move and all. Japan is amazing so maybe think about that and try not to worry! xo

User Tag List