Best Appt Ever!!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 06-17-2010, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
.........And it was with a completely different doctor! My doctor is on holidays so I saw a different doctor who is REALLY good and REALLY respected in this community.

He came in and introduced himself, said that it looks like my dr. has been keeping a close eye on me. He asked me how I was feeling and then told me my bp was up a bit. 144/88. Long story short I was late for my appt and stressed to the max PLUS my bp is always high in the clinic. That clinic reading wasn't half bad for me lol. Anyway, I explained that its always up at the clinic and he asked what it has been at at home. I haven't been taking it at home but with the bp reading there and how good I've been feeling the past few days I can honestly assume my bp has been fairly decent, so I told him they've been good. He told me that's all he worries about and since I wasn't swelling he wasn't in the least bit concerned!!!!!! Gawd it felt so good to hear that, instead of the worry I constantly get from my own doctor.

My only concern is at 27 weeks I measured 31 cms. This appt (30+4) I am measuring 30!!!! I dropped a whole cm in almost 4 weeks when I should have gained 4 cms? I am a bit worried b/c it is making me wonder if my doctors concerns about IUGR were actually founded.

Upside (not that it really matters) is that baby is no longer breech!
Posted via Mobile Device

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#2 of 7 Old 06-17-2010, 08:16 PM

Yay!!! I'm so glad that you had a great appointment!!
#3 of 7 Old 06-17-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimestersdoula View Post
My only concern is at 27 weeks I measured 31 cms. This appt (30+4) I am measuring 30!!!! I dropped a whole cm in almost 4 weeks when I should have gained 4 cms? I am a bit worried b/c it is making me wonder if my doctors concerns about IUGR were actually founded.

Upside (not that it really matters) is that baby is no longer breech!
Posted via Mobile Device
That is likely to be from baby turning the right way & engaging in your pelvis. Yay for non breech baby!!

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#4 of 7 Old 06-17-2010, 09:50 PM

That's so awesome. Is there any way you could switch to this other dr? He sounds a lot better! I'm glad everything went well.

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone
#5 of 7 Old 06-17-2010, 09:57 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks girls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahlea View Post
That's so awesome. Is there any way you could switch to this other dr? He sounds a lot better! I'm glad everything went well.
Autumn, unfortunately I can't switch to him. He's not an OB, just general practice and therefore can't attend births. Id end up having to switch to an OB near the end of my pregnancy anyways, and she would be my first pick LOL.

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#6 of 7 Old 06-17-2010, 11:20 PM

Glad to hear everything went so well!

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#7 of 7 Old 06-18-2010, 12:04 AM

"My only concern is at 27 weeks I measured 31 cms. This appt (30+4) I am measuring 30!!!! I dropped a whole cm in almost 4 weeks when I should have gained 4 cms? I am a bit worried b/c it is making me wonder if my doctors concerns about IUGR were actually founded."

Different practitioners measure differently too... It is recommended that the same practitioner measures throughout a pregnancy so that the average is more accurate. I wouldn't be to worried about it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page