Loving the hot tub! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-18-2010, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So we bought this house back in November '09 and it had a jetted hot tub in the back. I just assumed it was junk and would need to be taken out at some point. Well, not any more. My dh and brother cleaned it out, replaced the filters, and added the necessary chemicals a week or so ago and it is great!!

We have been in it at least once a day here (we run it on lower temps so it feels nice in the 100+ temps we get here and is safe for baby) and boy has it been wonderful. A lot of my pregnancy aches and pains have almost disappeared. The one day I did not use the tub, I woke up feeling like crud the next day.

So I highly recommend trying out a jetted bath or tub if you are really feeling this pregnancy, it is making all the difference for me

~Beth~
Mom to 3 sweet girls
#2 of 8 Old 06-18-2010, 12:38 PM

Niiiice! I'm jealous! I've had a few warm baths but our tub is small and uncomfortable so it's not really relaxing anymore. :-/
Enjoy it for me!

Happily married to my sweet DH with two precious girls (12/08) and (8/10) and a crazy puppy dog. Expecting blessing #3 around 12/10.

#3 of 8 Old 06-18-2010, 01:30 PM

I'm seriously envious!!!

We went on vacation a few weeks ago and I used the hot tub in the pool area a couple of times. I couldn't stay in too long because it did get pretty hot, but I sat on the edge and the jets felt nice on my legs and feet. Our bath at home is an old claw foot tub but it's basically a miniature one to fit into our bathroom. Plus we don't have a shower, sooooooo......I've been really dreading baths lately. It's becoming increasingly hard to get in and out of the tub, not to mention figure out a way to actually wash myself. I'd give my right leg for a hot tub at this point. You lucky duck.

Happily unmarried to DP guitar.gifParenting: DD (March '06) energy.gifwaterbirth.jpg, DS (August '10) fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg, and our furry kids dog2.gifGuiney Pig, dog2.gifPo the POlice, and cat.gifMrs. Puff. Loving WAHM life in the Mortgage Bizz with DP.

#4 of 8 Old 06-18-2010, 02:35 PM

The (warm) hot tub sounds perfect! I'm envious too. I've been meaning to ask my doctor if pool chemicals are ok for me and public pools.

@MammaB21- that sounds tough! I'm a bath lover but because of where we are at BF's house there is no bath. Showers have been okay...i can see how it would be hard to get in and out. Could you buy one of those detachable shower heads (the handheld kind)? Maybe you can attach it to the bath faucet and that will help make things easier. It will probably help with baby too.
#5 of 8 Old 06-20-2010, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimosagirl View Post
Could you buy one of those detachable shower heads (the handheld kind)? Maybe you can attach it to the bath faucet and that will help make things easier. It will probably help with baby too.
We're working on trying to get something figured out. The problem is that our faucet is the spout kind so it's really skinny and isn't a standard fit. We'll probably have to actually hook up something to the wall (where the hose comes out and into the tub) but that's going to be tough too since the pluming was all done by our landlord who is obviously NOT a plumber....lol. It's life, we deal, and I'll make due, but I dream of a huge tub and multi-level shower head.

Happily unmarried to DP guitar.gifParenting: DD (March '06) energy.gifwaterbirth.jpg, DS (August '10) fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg, and our furry kids dog2.gifGuiney Pig, dog2.gifPo the POlice, and cat.gifMrs. Puff. Loving WAHM life in the Mortgage Bizz with DP.

#6 of 8 Old 06-21-2010, 05:28 PM

DDCC (though I swear I'm going to end up an August mom the way things are going)- I got married about a week ago and hurt SO bad after the ceremony (on the beach, down a cliff, with SPD and 27 weeks pregnant I'm smart)

So we hopped in the hot tub (set quite low before we came up, because MIL knew I would appreciate being able to get in I love my new family!) and OH MY I am jealous you have one at your home! If I could float there with the jets running on my back 24/7 I would. I am so glad my new shower in my new home I am moving to on Wednesday has a removable massage shower head. And central air. Going to be very necessary!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#7 of 8 Old 06-21-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
DDCC (though I swear I'm going to end up an August mom the way things are going)- I got married about a week ago and hurt SO bad after the ceremony (on the beach, down a cliff, with SPD and 27 weeks pregnant I'm smart)
<threadjack> Congrats Mae!! </threadjack>

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#8 of 8 Old 06-21-2010, 11:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post

So we hopped in the hot tub (set quite low before we came up, because MIL knew I would appreciate being able to get in I love my new family!) and OH MY I am jealous you have one at your home! If I could float there with the jets running on my back 24/7 I would. I am so glad my new shower in my new home I am moving to on Wednesday has a removable massage shower head. And central air. Going to be very necessary!
Congrats on your wedding It sounds like you married into a great thoughtful family!

I know how you feel about the dd club thing... I think I may end up going into September if this baby follows her sisters' pattern of coming past 41 weeks.

~Beth~
Mom to 3 sweet girls

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page