Slipped and fell in the bathroom - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-21-2010, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been afraid this whole time that I would slip and fall getting out of the tub.. and today it finally happened, although not out of the tub. I slipped on wet tiles from swimsuits by the door! I managed to scrap up my foot pretty badly, bruised the other foot and a knee and my neck is a bit sore. So far though nothing noteworthy has changed for the babe. Anyone know what I should look out for on her behalf? There's no pain and she's been kicking just as much as usual. Anyone else fall? This is not a big deal, right?

K, H, and baby E (who is now three!!!)
#2 of 8 Old 06-21-2010, 10:18 PM

Ow ow ow! That really sucks. Wet tile is awful stuff!

I fell with my first - total belly flop. I stepped on a wobbly cobblestone outside my department (I was in grad school at the time). I was....7 or 8 months pregnant, if I remember correctly. Nothing was hurt except my pride

Wife, Mom, Health Services Researcher
Uno ('03) Dos ('08) and Tres (Aug '10)
#3 of 8 Old 06-21-2010, 11:19 PM

Did you hit your belly at all in the fall?

Babies are pretty protected in there, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Things I would look for would be decreased movement, soreness, contracting, leaking fluid, or bloody show. If you're worried you could make an appointment with your care provider to check on the baby, but I'm sure everything is fine. Sounds like you probably got the worst of it. Hope you feel better soon.

Happily unmarried to DP guitar.gifParenting: DD (March '06) energy.gifwaterbirth.jpg, DS (August '10) fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg, and our furry kids dog2.gifGuiney Pig, dog2.gifPo the POlice, and cat.gifMrs. Puff. Loving WAHM life in the Mortgage Bizz with DP.

#4 of 8 Old 06-22-2010, 01:38 AM

Aww, sorry to hear, hope you feel better soon.

I fell a couple of weeks ago while at work, managed to slow the fall down and mostly just bruised up my back and arms. Baby has been fine.

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#5 of 8 Old 06-22-2010, 05:50 AM

Oh no! I worry about falling everytime I take a shower! Glad the babe is moving well and all seems ok.

Mum to Quinn, Aug 14th 2010
#6 of 8 Old 06-22-2010, 11:03 AM

I am so sorry you fell. I fell a week and a half ago down my front stairs. Went to the doctor and everything was fine. She said the biggest thing to look for is pain or tenderness in my uterus, then decreased movement, blood etc.

I fell down my stairs (the same ones) last Friday too. Now that I think of it, it was exactly a week apart that I fell down those friggen steps. Stupid rain making them slipper LOL. Anyways, we were on our way out the door to leave for a 2 hour drive to a different city to do some shopping. I picked myself up, came inside and sat down on the couch for a few minutes. Babe was still moving, I wasn't bleeding and I wasn't in any pain, other than where I hit my ribs, kidney, hip, shoulder, thigh and foot on the edge of the steps so we decided to continue on with our trip. I never even went to the doctor. I figured if something was wrong I could take a trip to the hospital in the other city as they have better doctors/hospital there anyways. But everything was fine, again.

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#7 of 8 Old 06-22-2010, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. Aside from a scraped up foot I feel much better and baby seems fine as well. Guess I just learned to be on the lookout for wet puddles!

K, H, and baby E (who is now three!!!)
#8 of 8 Old 06-23-2010, 12:15 AM

Aw that sucks! I hope everything is ok now. Ik sure it was scary.

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page