Wierd Morning & ER Visit - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 06-22-2010, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What an odd day its been today. This morning I woke up with a whole hand width (plus some) of room beneath my boobs. Last night the baby was so high up that when he moved so did my boobies lol. Now I can breath!!! Then this morning I got the terrible runs. Like going to the bathroom every few minutes for an hour.

Then there was the visit to the ER. I was sitting on my computer when all of a sudden my right eye started bugging me. Like I could see sparkles out of the right side of it. I.started.freaking!!!! Called DH and he came and got me. Found out my OB is away on holidays until July sometime so I had no choice but to go to the ER. They checked my BP and it was REALLY good compared to what it normally is at the clinic or hospital. It was a good 15/15 lower than it normally is. He checked me out and everything is normal!! Then he tells me that the meds I am on can cause visual disturbances like I explained and that it can also cause low blood sugar....which would explain the shakes I had as well. I have very minimal swelling, no headaches and no right upper quadrant pain so he said the visual disturbances were almost definitely due to a mixture of the computer screen and side effects from my meds. Thank goodness. I can breathe a sigh of relief now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 06-22-2010, 03:11 PM

Glad everything is ok!!!

What a scary thing to go through and wonder about though!!! Phew! At least if it happens again, you know what's going on.

Kourtney, happily married to my soldier and raising ds 7/08 .... dd 7/10..... and ds 11/11

#3 of 7 Old 06-22-2010, 04:29 PM

Whew. That does sound like a crazy morning! You are having a very eventful pregnancy. I'll bet you wish it were more boring, huh? I'm glad your bp looked good and that you don't have any other pre-e symptoms. Now calm down little baby! You'll be here soon enough!

Amy (34): mommy to DD1 (11/07) and DD2 (7/10), wife, wohm, and wannabe suburban homesteader.
#4 of 7 Old 06-22-2010, 05:19 PM

Sounds scary! I'm glad to hear everything looks ok!

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#5 of 7 Old 06-22-2010, 08:22 PM

My goodness.... first your baby drops and then that, I too am glad it turned out good. When is your due date?

Bekah (33): Doula and CNA sharing a great life with DH for 10 yrs now, momma to DS Baron (7/10)
#6 of 7 Old 06-23-2010, 12:13 AM

I would have freaked out too. Glad everything is ok though

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone
#7 of 7 Old 06-23-2010, 12:16 AM

Wow, I'da freaked too! I'm so glad everything is ok. And bonus, you can breath!!

me, wife to dh, the movie geek (7/01), mama to ds1, budding Star Wars geek (10/05), dd, budding princess of the dirt (03/08) and ds2, budding extrovert. watch out! (8/10).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page