Are your breasts leaking yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 06-23-2010, 10:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm DD hopping. Hope you don't mind. I'm due Sept. 3rd so I feel like I'm straddling two clubs.

Are your breasts leaking yet? I remember having milk much earlier in my other pregnancies... I'm almost 30 weeks. YDD is almost 3 and still nurses but so did ODD during my entire pregnancy. I find I can squeeze out a drop or two very, very rarely but she mostly tells me it's a dry well.

It's ok to not be leaking yet, right?
#2 of 12 Old 06-23-2010, 10:42 PM

I'm almost 35 weeks and all I've had is a very occasional hint of dried yellow crusty stuff on my nipples.

I remember reading that both leaking and not leaking are normal.

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#3 of 12 Old 06-23-2010, 11:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My DD is still nursing once a day and in the last week or two has really started getting something again. I'm 34 weeks tomorrow.

Elizabeth - Doing life with Scott partners.gif

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png
adoptionheart-1.gif  Follow our journey  mdcblog5.gif

#4 of 12 Old 06-24-2010, 01:05 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I am still heavily nursing my two year old. She's thrilled with the colustrum. It's been there a couple of weeks now.

My advice may not be appropriate for you. That's ok. You are just fine how you are and I am the right kind of me.

#5 of 12 Old 06-24-2010, 11:29 AM

I've just started to notice the slightest bit of fluid that dries up rather quickly. But I'm making some!!

Jessica, dizzy.gifmom to 3 little ladiesjumpers.gif and babygirl.gif babyboy.gif twins who can't figure out where her avatar came from.

#6 of 12 Old 06-24-2010, 11:38 AM

I've been leaking like a faucet for weeks now. It's quite annoying actually. It wasn't like this with DD but this time it seems my boobs are just totally eager to nurse again.....lol. I even woke up the other morning with a HUGE wet spot on my shirt. Anyway, I'd say all is within normal. I don't think leaking or not leaking is any indication of how much milk will come in later on. I tend to have an overactive let down and I think that has more to do with it. When I was nursing DD which ever side wasn't being nursed on would spray milk like crazy. Everyone told me it would even out, but I had to plug up the nipple, or use a breast pad until DD was 2 years old. We got almost a solid year of nursing in where my boobs weren't leaking uncontrollably. I was hoping this time would be better, but with all the leaking going on already, I'm thinking my boobs still haven't learned.

Happily unmarried to DP guitar.gifParenting: DD (March '06) energy.gifwaterbirth.jpg, DS (August '10) fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg, and our furry kids dog2.gifGuiney Pig, dog2.gifPo the POlice, and cat.gifMrs. Puff. Loving WAHM life in the Mortgage Bizz with DP.

#7 of 12 Old 06-24-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somegirl99 View Post
I'm almost 35 weeks and all I've had is a very occasional hint of dried yellow crusty stuff on my nipples.

I remember reading that both leaking and not leaking are normal.
Only it is LOTS of crusty yellow & its been going on for a long time. I wasn't sure what it was for a while because I can't manually express anything, but by now I am sure that is what it is.

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#8 of 12 Old 06-24-2010, 12:27 PM

My boobs are totally in the dark about this pregnancy (as always). They are the ONLY part of my body that does not grow when I am pregnant

I dont get any colostrum at all until birth, and even then it takes DAYS (up to 5!!) for my milk to come in...It is SO annoying. I wish they would stop being in denial

I have had to supplement (with a dropper while latching on) with goats milk for at least 2 of my babies for a few days after birth.

However, I must say after my milk finally does come in, it is always clear sailing from there. Thank God!!

Christian helpmeet, homeschooling, homebirthing, homesteading wife, happily raising our family completely naturally. Mother to 5 children, 1 angel and new baby due in August!
#9 of 12 Old 06-24-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaB21 View Post
I even woke up the other morning with a HUGE wet spot on my shirt.
Yeah I woke up with a huge wet spot on my shirt (like plate sized) and my arm was all sticky and gross... I woke up because I was feeling sick so the leaking breast thing just sent me into hormonal crying land for a while. lol! (Seriously, there are fluids coming out of every end of me!! wahh!!!!)
#10 of 12 Old 06-24-2010, 12:43 PM
MJB

I leaked like crazy during my last pregnancy, and had to wear nursing pads (ugh!) but haven't actually leaked at all this time. I can squeeze out a trickle if I want to but that's fairly new and I'm 34.2 weeks.
#11 of 12 Old 06-24-2010, 01:25 PM

My breasts have never leaked (that I've detected) in pregnancy. I do see some of the yellow crusts in the little milk-holes occasionally. My breasts are fairly large anyway, and grow a lot during pregnancy. Yet, the major growth comes when my milk comes in..no worries ladies!

I've never had a breastfeeding issue, other than suffering from oversupply and overactive letdown. I typically leak like crazy for about 4 months after birth. My milk comes in late the second day.

So, I think either way is totally normal for a mama, and is no indication of supply issues after birth.

Blessings! How neat to see the preparation for baby's milk!

Blessed Christian Wife and Mother to 5 +Oliver James-Our 10 lb 9 oz born Labor Day 2010!
#12 of 12 Old 06-24-2010, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somegirl99 View Post
This exactly.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page