Transverse baby who WAS head down.... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-25-2010, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just had my 32 week ultrasound and got the news that baby girl is transverse, which at first I was like that's cool she will turn all will be fine... then I started reading about it on this website http://spinningbabies.simplwebsite.c...tions/sideways and I looked at a pic of how a transverse baby usually looks... but up head downish but still sideways, well.... my baby girl has her but firmly seated at my cervix area, like she's in a hammock... now I am getting a bit nervous! I know in my head there is time to flip, I know there are exercises I can do, but gravity is working against me since her butt is so much lower than her head, and it says on there....
"After 32-34 weeks, I am quite concerned to find a transverse baby – except when the baby was breech recently and is now in a leisurely process of flipping to head down. The breech to head down process shouldn't take more than 3 days (when it doesn't happen instantly)."

Well she was head down at 20 weeks, I think I know when she moved transverse I thought she was spinning around to face my back but now I am pretty convinced she moved transverse and that was over 2 weeks ago

Honestly while I am disappointed about her not being head down I couldn't be happier that everything else was perfect about her and she is still a she weighing about 3.3 pounds (31w1d)

Nicki wife to Rich, Mama to 7 y/o DS, and a beautiful Princess Aug 2010
#2 of 8 Old 06-25-2010, 05:51 PM

Sorry to hear your little girl is transverse but yes, there is still lots of time for her to flip.

Mine too, is transverse. He was head down at my last appointment but now I am getting kicks in the side and pressure on my right hip/side at the same time so I am pretty sure that is the way he has positioned himself.

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#3 of 8 Old 06-25-2010, 06:01 PM

*exactly* the same situation here, except that my babe has been transverse the whole time. I think she moves up and down the sides because sometimes I feel her head right on my hip and then other times I feel it up 4 inches next to my belly button, but she has never really moved much outside of the sideways thing. And also like you said, she isnt laying "across" as much as she is laying "in", like a hammock. The small of her back is right up against my cervix.

My other children didnt settle into a final position until 34 weeks or so, BUT thats because they were moving around so much they just couldnt decide. I have never had a child be fixed in the wrong position before, so I am a little nervous as well. Wish I could help, but I am just here to say: "Me too!!!!"

Mama to nine gorgeous babies, with finale #10 due April'14.
#4 of 8 Old 06-25-2010, 06:03 PM

Oh, I do have an appt with a chiro tomorrow to get things put in line, but honestly I dont feel like things are out of line- in fact I have had less back and hip pain with this pregnancy than any other..... worth a try though!

#5 of 8 Old 06-25-2010, 06:52 PM

Yep, here too. Oh and posterior to boot. And what inclines me to be more proactive and concerned than not is that s/he's been in the same position more or less the entire pregnancy with minimal movement around.

rlandl, I read the same thing on spinningbabies regarding a transverse lie. I admit it made me more uncomfortable than I had been. I kept thinking it would be ok, that we had plenty of time for baby to get into place. We're having an ultrasound on Monday and will double check for a tight cord wrap or a very short cord. Then it's off to the chiropractor later in the week as well as the daily regime of inversions, pelvic rocks, and rebozo sifting (my personal favorite- I love an excuse to ask my hubby to do that daily!!). I'm still hopeful. It *is* early yet. But there's that part of my brain that keeps saying, "what if, what if?" and "both my other babies were in position early". I guesss I'm just trying not to trip myself up!

me, wife to dh, the movie geek (7/01), mama to ds1, budding Star Wars geek (10/05), dd, budding princess of the dirt (03/08) and ds2, budding extrovert. watch out! (8/10).
#6 of 8 Old 06-25-2010, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

i hate to say it but I am glad that my little one isn't the only one hanging out in the transverse position. From the reading I am doing with her butt hanging out deep in my pelvis, it's gonna be harder to flip her, but it's possible... I am not going to get all worked up about it, because she's either going to flip or she isn't, it's not the end of the world honestly but of course I still feel a little bit of anxiety that she's not head down and ready to go.

Nicki wife to Rich, Mama to 7 y/o DS, and a beautiful Princess Aug 2010
#7 of 8 Old 06-25-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlandnl View Post
I am not going to get all worked up about it, because she's either going to flip or she isn't, it's not the end of the world honestly.....
Very true, mama. I am doing exercises and seeing the chiro, but in the end she will flip, or she wont. If she does, awesome!! If she doesn't, then that decision is made and we carry on anyway.

Its funny because for me (attempting a VBA3C) I used to joke that it would be easier if the BABY just made the decision between a VBA3C and a R4CS. And it looks like that might be exactly what she is doing.... And I am very zen about that to be honest. However obviously my situation is very different....

Fingers crossed our babies all pull their tushies up and get right!!

#8 of 8 Old 06-25-2010, 11:07 PM

This is my fourth baby and my little one is still flipping all over the place. I'm 32 weeks today. My midwife said not to worry about the positioning yet. 4th, 5th and later babes have so much more room than earlier babies that they don't feel the need to get down in there head down until much later.

Island mama to DD (10), DS (5), DS (4) and DD (Aug 31 '10)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page