Bad, Bad Day. Verge Of A Breakdown. Need To Vent - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-30-2010, 12:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What a horrible day. I really hate saying that days are horrible as I try to stay as positive as I can but today really takes the cake.

First, I must say that it was 34 C (93 F) out today. Normally it wouldn't be an issue but when your spring and summer has consisted of 20 C (68 F) and all of a sudden the temperature spikes like it was today it is horrible on a pregnant lady. We don't have any air conditioner so I sat in front of a fan....even that started blowing hot air by lunch time.

Next we have a heck of a time getting DD to eat and with it being hot out, the only thing she would eat was strawberries. Thats the ONLY thing I could get her to eat. So needless to say I am super frustrated with that.

Next, our company is supposed to be setting up for a trade show that starts tomorrow. I had paid for an ad of Kijiji letting everyone know that we would be at said trade show. This morning I got an email from Kijiji saying that my account had been restored and telling me my new password. I was thinking WTH!! we never cancelled our account and I JUST paid on Sunday for this ad. So, I go and see if the ad is still there. NOPE!!! GONE!!!! So I sent a dirty freaking email to Kijiji. Of course I never did get a reply back.

Then, we get all of our stuff together to go and set up for the trade show. Well we get there and our booth is no longer our booth. It has someone elses name on it. So my mom and I and DD walked around trying to find our booth. Finally found it rows away from where it should be. No one phoned us and told us they were moving us. This is now the 3rd time we've been moved. To make matters worse, the table and power hookups we have paid for are not there!!!! I have a power point presentation that needs to be running and no freaking power!!!!! I also have a ton of photos, binders, brochures, business cards etc., that I need to set on a table!!!

So, now DH has to miss work tomorrow morning while we got set up with DD in tow and nobody to look after her while we do this. I think we may just say to heck with it and ask for our money back. Neither of us have time for this crap.

Oh yeah. Forgot! We were getting a banner and business cards made up which were supposed to be done by this morning. Now they don't know if they'll have them done by tomorrow afternoon even!!

So now I am super grouchy to say the least. I am SO hot, my feet are swollen from the heat and DD is being on her worst possible behaviour AND nothing, I mean nothing is going right.

Thanks for listening to me whine. I just needed to get this stuff off my chest before I exploded.

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#2 of 6 Old 06-30-2010, 01:59 AM

I hate days like that and they're sooo much worse when you're pregnant. You're not alone-I've been having some real shit days too.

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone
#3 of 6 Old 06-30-2010, 03:50 AM

Aww, what a HORRID day! super hard to keep your zen on days like that... many hugs to you! This too shall pass and at some point you will probably be able to laugh about it or at least it's a great 'most horrid day during pregnancy'-story.
Hugs again!

Franziska , DW to )oi , SAHM to Noah 06/2008, Sophia 08/2010, and Junis 11/2012

#4 of 6 Old 06-30-2010, 09:19 AM

Would you consider 1/2 a glass of wine on days like that? With a nice, cool bath.

Don't worry about the strawberry-centric diet of your daughter. She'll be fine... and she won't be 30 and still subsisting on strawberries only. That's what I always tell myself when a child does something... off. "Will they still be doing this when they're 30?'.

Now I'm craving strawberries.

Catholic homeschooling mom of two daughters and four sons... baby Mark born on 8/27/10. Kidney Disease Awareness
#5 of 6 Old 06-30-2010, 09:49 AM

I hope you have a better day today!!
#6 of 6 Old 06-30-2010, 03:44 PM

Sorry to hear about your bad day!

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page