Being Zen about the end of pregnancy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 07-13-2010, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I really want to try to be more laid back about being at the end of this pregnancy. I am pretty miserable and ready to be done, but I would really like to try to focus on enjoying my days and being patient as this baby finishes cooking.

Anyone else with me?

Elizabeth - Doing life with Scott partners.gif

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png
adoptionheart-1.gif  Follow our journey  mdcblog5.gif

#2 of 11 Old 07-13-2010, 07:47 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am trying. It is so freaking hot here that it is hard to be calm when I feel like a sweaty mess. I keep telling myself that this baby is going to come early & but I don't want to set myself up for disaster if he comes after my edd. So Zen would be really good!

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#3 of 11 Old 07-13-2010, 07:53 PM

I'm trying, and I keep telling people that I have at least two weeks left, but it's getting harder to believe when everyone at work keeps telling me I'm going any day now. If I weren't going to work every day with projects still to complete, I'd be in much worse shape. Not wanting to go back to work earlier than October ( when the fall semester craziness has started to calm down) also keeps me patient.

I don't know how to help anyone else through it.

Amy (34): mommy to DD1 (11/07) and DD2 (7/10), wife, wohm, and wannabe suburban homesteader.
#4 of 11 Old 07-13-2010, 08:00 PM

DDC

I'm really trying to be zen about this all as well. Very difficult! Ds was born a week early...I'm due with this new one on Saturday. It's hard because I keep thinking, "ds was already born by now!"..."how much longer will it be?"

I just keep telling myself I'm going to be pregnant forever and believe it or not, it helps!! I've just accepted my fate. I have no control over any of this. It's like I'm "going on a bear hunt"..."can't go over it, can't go under it, have to go through it."

Just one day at a time, and if anyone asks me again "when are you due?" (which has to be the worst question to ask a pregnant woman ever!) instead of feeling like screaming I'm going to say "I have no clue" and walk away.

Enjoying life with DH since 05/04 and our two boys Oliver 02/07 and Theodore 07/10 

#5 of 11 Old 07-13-2010, 09:01 PM

I'm very willing to let this baby take its time to come...

I belong to other birth boards where women are talking about extreme inductions methods at 35 or 36 weeks and it just boggles my mind. I guess I'm lucky to have the mindset that it'll just happen when it happens. Not too bad for 37 weeks! Well, ask me again in 2 weeks!

Colleen (35) married to Brian (35) 11/06; DD Emilia 6/6/08; DS Breckin 8/2/10
#6 of 11 Old 07-13-2010, 09:10 PM

I'm trying to work on being more zen as well. I just want to relax and let dumplin' come when they are ready.
#7 of 11 Old 07-13-2010, 09:25 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I'm trying. I'm just...so...done. And I have like 6 more weeks.

My advice may not be appropriate for you. That's ok. You are just fine how you are and I am the right kind of me.

#8 of 11 Old 07-13-2010, 09:40 PM

There's an end?!

I had a very zen day yesterday. DS and I were happy. DH was happy when he arrived home. Dinner went off without a hitch. The apartment was spotless. I was cheerfully content with the 6 weeks I have left.

Today, the house is a disaster and my 2 year old has decided that he is not amused by anything, especially not my attempts to entertain him. Dinner consisted of something canned. I am SO exhausted.
Today, I am not zen. I am round and bumbly and I want to cry.

And I'm really tired of answering the "When are you due?" question only to have them mentally add up the remaining weeks left and announce it to me as if I have no idea.

Right now my positive thought is this: I can only be pregnant for so long. The baby comes out eventually, right? So this is not an eternal condition. So there's my encouragement to myself. Not much of an upper but it's the best I've got.

Wife to a bearded dude.
Mama to DS [05/21/08] & DD [09/16/10] 43 weeks 1 day!
#9 of 11 Old 07-13-2010, 10:32 PM

I've been getting frustrated that being this pregnant is now really stopping me from doing things I want to do. I've been able to bike until now and can mostly live normally, but it's like my body said "yo, your due date is a month away. You are now an invalid." or something. Boo.

The other day, someone asked when I'd be 40 weeks, instead of asking when I was due. For some reason, I really liked that because it acknowledged that 40 weeks isn't an expiration date, it's more of a milepost with higher likelihood.

Mama to Peter (3/8/04), Leo (3/12/06), Timothy (7/24/10), and boy #4 due on the summer solstice 2014
#10 of 11 Old 07-13-2010, 10:53 PM

trying here too.
Posted via Mobile Device
#11 of 11 Old 07-14-2010, 02:10 AM

i'm 34 weeks tomorrow, so still have 6 weeks to go. neither of my other kids came early, so no hope there. but i'm finding it hard to be zen right now. i'm huge, my clothes don't fit, my stomach is in the way for doing ANYTHING, i have suddenly lost all patience with my 2 kids, i waddle. but i know it could be way worse, other than being huge and clumsy i'm not experiencing lots of pain and discomfort. my baby shower is august 15th, so i'm trying to think i don't want the baby to come before that anyway.

i'd like to give up and spend the next 6 weeks on the couch eating ice cream!

mama to DS born 9/7/05, DD born 8/20/07, DS born 9/4/10 and DS born 11/26/13

Loving our chaotic, crunchy, homeschooling life!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page