Heavy baby or contractions - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-13-2010, 11:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Is anyone else getting tricked/confused about whether the pressure you feel is the baby pushing out fully (back to my belly button) top to bottom or if it's a contraction? I feel like lately I have been having lots of BHs.. tummy is hard, hurts... but it always hurts and is hard when the babe pushes out.... any thoughts/revelations?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 07-14-2010, 12:31 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think when the baby pushes extra hard, it causes BH. So, both answers are right? I was having a ton of ctx a couple weeks ago and either my midwife or chiropractor said that it was likely due to the baby having a growth spurt and his legs being at a weird angle that meant he was over-pushing my uterus and causing the BH.

I assume that whenever my whole uterus hardens, it's a BH.

Mama to Peter (3/8/04), Leo (3/12/06), Timothy (7/24/10), and boy #4 due on the summer solstice 2014
#3 of 8 Old 07-14-2010, 01:40 AM

I've been having a lot of b-h's but they don't hurt-but I don't really hurt when the baby is stretching out either? My babe's back is usually toward my right side and limbs on my left so for me when its a b-h my whole belly is hard but when she's stretching I can feel her limbs and a hollower space on one side.

Lisa, mama to A (3/05) and R (11/07) and L (8/10)
#4 of 8 Old 07-14-2010, 08:13 AM

I've nevr had contractions , bh or otherwise until labor (at least not enough to notice) but I can say this is the first pg that I am truly uncomfortable and when Baby Boy moves strongly it hurts. Alot. A few times it has taken my breath away. At 37 weeks now I'm ready anytime he is

natural birthin', baby catchin', cloth addicted, intactalactavist mama of 12/00, 6/03, 10/07, 8/10 & our angelcubs three
#5 of 8 Old 07-14-2010, 03:40 PM

I have trouble figuring out between the two also. I had a nasty bh today though, it was so uncomfortable, and I knew it was a bh. No question.
#6 of 8 Old 07-14-2010, 03:56 PM

There was a thread about this just a week or so ago, and everyone but me said what you're feeling is BH. I have never had BH's the way they were describing, mine are either on top of or at the bottom of my stomach. But, everyone else said theirs were all around their bellybutton area. Honestly, I believe when I feel what you're describing, it's the baby stretching or rolling.

Once again, Chesapeake me!
#7 of 8 Old 07-14-2010, 11:25 PM

My bh are hard all over the belly. In the thread goldfinches was referring to I think someone said their mw described it as the uterus feeling hard on all four quadrants (like if you drew a cross top-bottom-side-side and all sections were hard). For me, sometimes when baby stretches, it hurts and tightens but just around that one area. But my bh are all over and, like a labor conraction, they often build, hold and release, just painlessly. That said, I didn't really feel them much with my first pregnancy

me, wife to dh, the movie geek (7/01), mama to ds1, budding Star Wars geek (10/05), dd, budding princess of the dirt (03/08) and ds2, budding extrovert. watch out! (8/10).
#8 of 8 Old 07-16-2010, 03:02 AM

Yes, I've been having a hard time distinguishing too. I think what may be happening is that I'm having a BH but that it feels like a lot more pressure right where the baby's butt is and that tricks me into feeling that it's the baby moving. But when I feel around with my hands, my whole belly seems hard.

Megan-39, Postpartum Doula, DW to Sacha-40 (18 years together) and Mama to Finn Alexander born 4/2/07 and Zivia Littlewood born 8/23/10

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page