UC buddy group? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 07-19-2010, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is anyone else in this DDC planning a UC? Would be nice to have a buddy group now that the births are impending.

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 07-19-2010, 12:20 PM

I am! I have finally got all my birth supplies together, waiting on a few in the mail. I'm nervous but really excited too. My only problem is the only people to watch my son are my parents who live 6 hours away so I'm hoping they make it in time so he doesn't have to be around. I also have to act like it's an oops for my parents-they freaked when I said I wanted a homebirth with a midwife lol. They think our plan is a hospital birth with a midwife.

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone
#3 of 14 Old 07-19-2010, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I have finally got all my birth supplies together, waiting on a few in the mail.
Same here! I am planning a UC, but have all my paperwork done just in case I have to go to the hospital. I was diagnosed with Gestational diabetes and have prepared for every complication that might occur regarding possible outcomes. I have been able to control my sugar numbers with diet and mine and the babies stats are all in normal range. This will be my second UC but fourth home birth. If I have the babe on a Saturday my DH might be able to be here (he is a training in the Army now.) if not I will be having him on my own. My mom will be here if I do not go early.

Maybe your son will be sleeping when the babe is born. I hope that all works out for you. It is always nice when everything falls perfectly into place!

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

#4 of 14 Old 08-03-2010, 03:18 AM

hi! i havent posted in DDC before, but i thought, why not?

we are having a UC and I am soooo excited! i was induced with DS1 so i have never experienced true "labor" and today was the first day of an all day continuous cramp and strong BHs. for the longest time my LO felt transverse but i am almost positive (s)he is head down now

hope you two are getting some rest!

Coffee, Vintage and Kids.  My Life.
              reading.gif  jammin.gifdust.gif   1sttri.gif

cat.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#5 of 14 Old 08-03-2010, 12:27 PM

I was induced with my first as well and am totally nervous that I won't know when it's the real thing!
Ive got all my supplies, emergency sheets printed out, pads frozen with a yummy herbal solution, towels washed, etc etc- Now if baby would just come! My mom is coming on Thurs to stay so I've been encouraging baby to come on out anytime-to avoid ??s from my mom on why we aren't heading to the hospital (going to be an "accidental" uc so my parents don't freak out-they think homebirths are irresponsible and dangerous lol )
I feel totally confident and safe in this decision and so does my husband, which is all that really matter.

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone
#6 of 14 Old 08-03-2010, 02:50 PM

Although we have planned for a HBAC with a MW due to my previous c/s, I still have visions of a UC and just might end up intentionally not calling her till it's too late!! I just can't let my husband on to what is happening, or else he will surely call her.
#7 of 14 Old 08-03-2010, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Getting my pool set up today not filled just ready. I have way more medical supplies this time because of my Gestational diabetes diagnosis. I also have all my hospital paper work in order just in case my numbers aren't doing well or baby says to be there instead of at home. So far everything is great and UC is still on the table.

#8 of 14 Old 08-03-2010, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSwirl View Post
I just can't let my husband on to what is happening, or else he will surely call her.
im a little bit worried about this with both my mom and dh! luckily, we dont have any care provider to show up. they are very supportive, dh was even the first one to suggest a UC, but deep down, they are panicking!! lol my mom asked if she could call the ambulance to have them on stand by outside my house in case i "change my mind." uhhh ... no! LOL

cat.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#9 of 14 Old 08-04-2010, 01:33 PM

I was originally lurking on the July due date thread since I was due on July 28th, but no baby yet so I've moved over to August ddc. I am planning my second UC, hopefully in our backyard!

Homebirthing and UC mom of 6. The latest edition born at home unassisted 8/7/2010~ He's a boy named Osage Quinn!
#10 of 14 Old 08-04-2010, 11:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwifeMegan444 View Post
I was originally lurking on the July due date thread since I was due on July 28th, but no baby yet so I've moved over to August ddc. I am planning my second UC, hopefully in our backyard!
Welcome! That sounds very relaxing. Do you have a pool or garden in the back yard. I like to have mine indoors in a pool, but imagine myself in a meadow by a babbling brook with blooming flowers.

#11 of 14 Old 08-05-2010, 03:59 PM

No pool or water...we considered having a tub of some sort but decided against it for simplicities sake. After my last UC I'm extremely drawn to having my bare feet in the grass while birthing. There is just something really special to me about my connection to the earth while laboring/birthing and feeling that physically is a great comfort.

Homebirthing and UC mom of 6. The latest edition born at home unassisted 8/7/2010~ He's a boy named Osage Quinn!
#12 of 14 Old 08-08-2010, 04:39 PM

anybody getting close? my cramps are slowly turning into very spaced out painless contractions

cat.gifcat.gifcat.gif

#13 of 14 Old 08-12-2010, 01:12 AM

Jumping in to say Hi!

DS was a planned UC that turned into a traumatic hospital birth so I've been taking everything that went wrong with his birth and preparing like a crazy woman to avoid the same problems. I have a very supportive midwife who will leave me alone during labor and birth (she has backed up UCs before) so I'm not going totally alone. Mostly I hired her to clean up afterwards and keep DP out of my way, but don't tell him that

My ideal birth for this baby is to get the pool filled up (we just moved in and have an empty spare bedroom, woot!), shut the door and do my thing solo

My mom volunteered to pick up DS and watch him at her house so I don't have to worry about him. She's been super supportive of homebirth and I think she even planned to UC with my younger brother but panicked at the last minute (literally, he was a 2 hour labor!). Everyone else in the family who knows I'm planning a homebirth thinks I'm crazy, I'm just so thankful to have my mom's support
#14 of 14 Old 08-12-2010, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter

Moved

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page