Prodromal labor commiseration thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 171 Old 07-28-2010, 08:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by isras1 View Post
I feel like AF is about to show up, so I guess I am in the prodromal stage now! I had some light brown discharge this morning, so I have now joined the TP brigade. I was 75% effaced last week and no dilation, so the discharge makes me think that I am now beginning to dilate.

All day I have had menstrual like cramps, low in my uterus, a low back ache (for days now) and tender breasts. I have one last project to complete and I am feeling urgent about getting it done. Babe needs to wait until Friday though, because DH won't be home from work until Thursday night. I'll be 39 weeks along...
Although now bloody show or even brown tinged discharge, the AF like cramps and back ache are keeping me up tonight. I hope this prodromal stuff actually does something, I have felt like crap all week and am only 37 weeks.

Crunchy Christian Wife and Mommy to awesome DH and DD1 (4/25/07) and DD2 (8/13/10)
#62 of 171 Old 07-28-2010, 10:24 AM

Me too Cogirl19. 37 weeks with no bloody show or anything like it, but oh the cramps and back pain. I did get a nice chunk of mucus this morning, which seems to happen after periods of more pain. It makes me feel hopeful that things are at least progressing.

Also, the pelvic pain this morning is unreal. I am officially 37 weeks today, so ok, let's get going baby, come on out!
#63 of 171 Old 07-28-2010, 11:37 AM

Yay! For everyone that has got mucous or colored discharge. I am jealous LOL.

Nothing going on here now. Baby had a quiet day and didn't move much at all. To the point of me almost getting concerned. Then last night, my friend came over and did henna on my belly and he would not stop moving. Poor girl had a heck of a time because she'd be working at it and he'd push out so much and so quickly that she'd end up poking me in the belly and mess up her work LOL.

I have also been having crazy dreams the last couple of days. Last night I dreamed that I had twin boys but when we came home from the hospital we layed down for the night and I woke up in the morning to them still sleeping!!! They just didn't want to nurse. I woke up (IRL) all stressed about these babies that didn't want to eat LOL. In my dream I was also mad that I didn't know I was having twins so they didn't have matching clothes HAHA.

Now that it is Wednesday, this baby is not allowed to come until Monday. My whole family is part of the stock car association here and town and we are holding the largest event in Canada this weekend. There is like $40,000 in prized and LOTS of cars. I NEED to be there and so does DH (he does security).

My aunt was bugging me that that is when he will come. She told me so long as I can wait until intermission, we can go to her van and she'll catch the baby in the back of the van LOL. She told me she'd bring all her equiptment too, just in case. Her sister is a midwife and she used to help her sister catch babies in South Africa. She is such an awesome lady. She told me I could name him something that meant "he-who-screws-up-major-race-weekend" haha.

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#64 of 171 Old 07-28-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimestersdoula View Post
She told me I could name him something that meant "he-who-screws-up-major-race-weekend" haha.
hahah!
#65 of 171 Old 07-28-2010, 01:27 PM

Sounds like everyone is making some good progress!!! Come on babies, we want to meet you!!!

I'm still having cramps/contractions in the middle of the night most nights. Last night I woke up at midnight and DP was sitting up in bed on the computer. He was all, "Is it time? Are you okay?" I kind of barked that I was just getting up to pee when he informed me that I had been moaning through contractions in my sleep... He said he was tired but he was staying awake because he thought for sure I was going to pop up at any minute and say it was time. The contractions went on all night, preventing me from getting a good night's sleep. Of course this morning everything is normal again.

Happily unmarried to DP guitar.gifParenting: DD (March '06) energy.gifwaterbirth.jpg, DS (August '10) fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg, and our furry kids dog2.gifGuiney Pig, dog2.gifPo the POlice, and cat.gifMrs. Puff. Loving WAHM life in the Mortgage Bizz with DP.

#66 of 171 Old 07-28-2010, 03:13 PM

Wow, it seems like everyone is getting a lot of action (and not a lot of results) around here! I've been contracting regularly with some nice cervical pulls, but nothing else going on. I still haven't gotten the PKU card in the mail (we have to order them from the state for planned homebirths here) so I'd like baby to wait a bit longer! He feels big and low to me, but he's still not fully engaged so I don't think I'm looking at anything imminent.

MammaB21, I'm sorry you're not getting any sleep That's what happened to me with dd for the last two weeks. It sucked. Fortunately labor wasn't too long so I was pretty rested in the end... maybe the same will hold true for you?!

me, wife to dh, the movie geek (7/01), mama to ds1, budding Star Wars geek (10/05), dd, budding princess of the dirt (03/08) and ds2, budding extrovert. watch out! (8/10).
#67 of 171 Old 07-28-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonP'titBoudain View Post
MammaB21, I'm sorry you're not getting any sleep That's what happened to me with dd for the last two weeks. It sucked. Fortunately labor wasn't too long so I was pretty rested in the end... maybe the same will hold true for you?!
Thanks, I'm holding onto that hope as well. Quick labors run in my family, and based on DD's birth and all of this action I've seen lately I'm assuming once the real thing does start, it'll go pretty quickly.

Happily unmarried to DP guitar.gifParenting: DD (March '06) energy.gifwaterbirth.jpg, DS (August '10) fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg, and our furry kids dog2.gifGuiney Pig, dog2.gifPo the POlice, and cat.gifMrs. Puff. Loving WAHM life in the Mortgage Bizz with DP.

#68 of 171 Old 07-28-2010, 03:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Add me to the club. At around 2 yesterday I had about 5 random contractions. Now today at the same time I've been having them 5 minutes apart and 45-60 seconds long. They are only low down though and feel very menstral like. I'm 39 week tomorrow though, so I'm hoping maybe it will only be a few more days! I'm getting acupuncture tomorrow and have a chiro adjustment on Friday, so maybe those will help things get going!

Elizabeth - Doing life with Scott partners.gif

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png
adoptionheart-1.gif  Follow our journey  mdcblog5.gif

#69 of 171 Old 07-28-2010, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaB21 View Post
I'm still having cramps/contractions in the middle of the night most nights. Last night I woke up at midnight and DP was sitting up in bed on the computer. He was all, "Is it time? Are you okay?" I kind of barked that I was just getting up to pee when he informed me that I had been moaning through contractions in my sleep... He said he was tired but he was staying awake because he thought for sure I was going to pop up at any minute and say it was time. The contractions went on all night, preventing me from getting a good night's sleep. Of course this morning everything is normal again.
Oh, my experience exactly. I have BH all throughout the day, but nothing too intense....however, for the last two nights, I've woken up with INTENSE BH that go through to my back....they're so intense that I'm moaning and having to get on all fours to relieve the pressure....come morning, I'm back to normal again!

5*10*15*20****25****30***35****40*42
#70 of 171 Old 07-28-2010, 10:35 PM

I posted a few pages back, but I am still here in prodromal land with the rest of you. And it really keeps getting 'worse.' I imagine I will be doing this until I finally ramp up to full blown labor.

Baby is so low. 3rd bout of losing mucous plug this week (what am I...37+ 3?) If there is anything in my digestive tract I have to poop every time I stand up. That's really fun, ya know. LOL Back is aching non stop and I am still having the joys of nightly contractions and insomnia.

There is nothing that makes the pain of LABOR contractions easier to welcome than this!
#71 of 171 Old 07-28-2010, 10:41 PM

I get woken up from the intensity of my BH contractions at night and I seriously thought last night I was going to go into full blown labor. Peaceful uterus now, but guessing from the last week or so, I'm sure it'll start up again soon. Probably just as I'm ready for bed.
#72 of 171 Old 07-28-2010, 11:26 PM

Yeah - still random stuff going on over here too. I keep waking up really frustrated. Its too hard to sleep well and everything is hurty. In other news the baby is at 0 station and her feet are still up able to kick me in the boobs. (I'm of average size/torso) She feels ENORMOUS. So I have the splitting pelvis plus heartburn.
I'm just.. yeah, I'm done. Baby, please please come already. I don't want to be such a jerk every day because I'm cranky about all of this.
#73 of 171 Old 07-29-2010, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellebee View Post

There is nothing that makes the pain of LABOR contractions easier to welcome than this!
I know! I was nervous all pregnancy thinking about labor. I wasnt nervous the first time, but thistime I was feel like I know what I am getting myself into. But, in the last couple weeks, I just feel like, i dont care, I can get through it and then I get my body back and can stop aching with every move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMorgan View Post
Baby, please please come already. I don't want to be such a jerk every day because I'm cranky about all of this.
I'm so sick of being such a bitch. It's a real effort to be pleasant, so most of the time I'm not. I think I am some of the most miserable company right now, so I have been hiding away a lot.
#74 of 171 Old 07-29-2010, 11:41 AM

I tried some accupressure yesterday. A total of about 5-6 mins on each spot and I ended up with some pretty dirty cramps. Went to bed last night and woke up pregnant! We have our race weekend and I should probably NOT do accupressure again until that is over with LOL. I told my mom what I did and she told me I cannot have this baby until Monday because she needs my husband all weekend LOL.

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#75 of 171 Old 07-29-2010, 11:48 AM

Okay, this is getting ridiculous. I need help!

Another night--the third in a row--of being woken up with intense BHs that radiate powerfully through to my back. Unlike "normal" contractions--at least how I always hear them described--these do not last for a minute or two; instead, the pain continues uninterrupted for five to ten minutes! My uterus is hard, aches down low (mestrual-like), but the real source of extreme discomfort is my back. Now, for weeks I've had back aches while sleeping due to the weight of my belly, but this bakc pain is different--it's coming from deep within. It's almost sickening. Last night was the worst episode yet--i was up for an hour and a half straight dealing with the extreme pressure, assuming various bent-over positions to help my back, even resorting to heating up my rice sock in the middle of the night. My husband was worried. I was only able to finally relax once I put on one of my Hypnobabies tracks. This experience was so intense that I thought I really might go into my birthing time today. But no--come morning, I'm still uncomfortable, but no timeable "pressure waves" (Hypnobabies language!), just the usual less painful and random uternine tightening.

What is going on??

I feel like my body is trying to go into my birthing time but can't!

Also--no bloody show or mucus plug here. 39 weeks today.

Any ideas or similar experience?

#76 of 171 Old 07-29-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsayb View Post
What is going on??

Maybe baby is trying to get into a more optimal position for labor and birth? If you're having 'back labor' like that baby could be posterior. Maybe that is hindering your body from going into full blown baby time. Have you checked out spinningbabies.com? I wish I had a more definite answer, but my body is doing just about the same thing but without the back labor so I really have NO idea what to do or how things will EVER progress on their own. I'm starting to feel like I'll be pregnant forever.

#77 of 171 Old 07-29-2010, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Wow. I haven't read this thread in a while. Here I thought I was sooo special and ready for feeling these sensations at 39/40 weeks, and everyone else is having them at 37 weeks! You're all going to beat me to it, aren't you? I thought yesterday or today would be my day because I finally had some real bloody show. I even put my best friend/doula on standby, and she was so excited all day. we were texting and making last minute plans, and then nothing happened. I was so depressed having to call her to tell her to nevermind. Today DH and I are taking DD to stay with DH's parents for a few days. My mother has been staying at our house this week to watch DD in case I went into labor (both parents are over an hour away), and now it's the ILs' turn. (Folks are vying over who gets to watch her, not the other way around, luckily ).

Although I'm really, really sad that DH, DD, and I might not get another regular night to ourselves before the baby comes, I'm hoping that having an empty house and no stresses, worries, or interruptions will help things move along in the next few days. We'll see.

Best of luck to everyone else. I bet we'll be hearing from one of you in the next couple of days.

Amy (34): mommy to DD1 (11/07) and DD2 (7/10), wife, wohm, and wannabe suburban homesteader.
#78 of 171 Old 07-29-2010, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

lindsayb -- I somehow overlooked your post before. Around 38.5 weeks I had a few nights of bad back and hip pain. They also woke me up, and I wondered what was going on. Then I realized that after those two nights the baby was much lower than she had been previously. I thought she had already dropped some, but she really dropped then. Maybe that's what's going on with you?

Amy (34): mommy to DD1 (11/07) and DD2 (7/10), wife, wohm, and wannabe suburban homesteader.
#79 of 171 Old 07-29-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaB21 View Post
Maybe baby is trying to get into a more optimal position for labor and birth? If you're having 'back labor' like that baby could be posterior. Maybe that is hindering your body from going into full blown baby time. Have you checked out spinningbabies.com? I wish I had a more definite answer, but my body is doing just about the same thing but without the back labor so I really have NO idea what to do or how things will EVER progress on their own. I'm starting to feel like I'll be pregnant forever.
Well, baby is positioned with her/his back on my right side and feet on my left side, head down...and has been this way for at least 8-10 weeks. My MW seems fine with this position; she even once said the baby was in a "good" position...? Anyhoo, I'm quite familiar with SpinningBabies, and ever since week 34 I've done pretty much all the "right" things as far as positioning is concerned: I always sit forward, never put my feet up or lean back (sucks!), spend a lot of time of my birth ball, go for swims regularly, do cat/cow yoga, I've even tried belly sifting, yet no matter what I do, this baby never wants to move from the position she/he is in! I feel comfortable that I have done my best regarding positioning, so I assume there's some good reason baby stays this way. I hope this position doesn't hinder my progress, but I do know that something like 50% of babies begin the birthing time on one side or the other, so I'm just optimistically assuming that the position won't hurt anything.

Regarding the back pain, I've also always experienced back pain with my periods--my back is what hurts the worst whenever I get my period, so for years I've just "known" that my birth would be marked by back pain....

and like you, I feel like i'm going to be pregnant forever! My mom went to 42 WEEKS with both of her kids (YIKES!), so I'm getting a bit down, thinking, "Hell, this could go on for another frickin' month!" But then I just try to keep it in perspective--even if I'm pregnant for another 3 weeks, that isn't a long time at all, and in the meantime, I need to just enjoy every day and find things to look forward to that aren't wrapped up in baby. Today--I'm getting a massage--which I seriously need--and next Thursday (my "due date"), I've promised myself a pedicure! FTW, I'm pampering myself until I'm a mommy--*that's* how I'll survive this wait!!

#80 of 171 Old 07-29-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
What is going on??

I was going to suggest positioning issues, too, but it sounds like baby is ROA and that shouldn't cause back labor. Maybe it is as simple as baby moving down into the pelvis more? It sounds really sucky, but I hope it's just a little blip on the radar and over soon. And, yes! Pamper yourself! I wish I had the funds to get a massage & pedi... that sounds so nice right now!

Things are picking up a bit here. Baby is now engaged and putting a LOT of pressure on my cervix. And I've been contracting pretty consistently about 6 times an hour since yesterday afternoon. Some of them have really caught my attention, too, needing a bit of belly rubbing and a big breath. But, still, this was what happened for three weeks before dd was born, so I really feel ambivalent about the when of it all. I feel like I could be looking at 2 days or 2 weeks.... but not much more than that. I want to sleep a lot after 5 days of manic nesting, so that makes me feel a little more inclined towards the days end of the spectrum. No bloody show or anything more than the usual viscous mucous plug oozing! But, then, I've never had bloody show til pretty late into hard & active labor.

me, wife to dh, the movie geek (7/01), mama to ds1, budding Star Wars geek (10/05), dd, budding princess of the dirt (03/08) and ds2, budding extrovert. watch out! (8/10).
#81 of 171 Old 07-30-2010, 03:26 AM

Quote:

What is going on??

I'm 38 on Sun, but having back ache/pain myself. Just like the period stuff, and it definitely radiates to the front. I don't know whether to call it cramps, contractions, or what. My baby has been going between LOA, OA and ROA and I am confident it isn't related to positioning in that respect.

As far as your body maybe trying to go into labor but not, that does sound like positioning (in this case probably head angle since body placement is fine) or just the body waiting for more pressure on the cervix, more effacement, etc to tip you over the edge. If you want to check out the head position stuff, doing stairs or lunges (one leg up on a stool) can really help rock the baby's head into the pelvis and get proper alignment. I have seen moms finally hit active labor after doing some stair stepping, or move their 6cm stall-out and get into transition by doing this. And in general it's one of those things that doesn't hurt positioning. Just don't wear yourself out doing it all day.

AFM...constant back ache over here. Lost more mucous plug today. 99% sure it's because of the baby's station. Don't know exactly, but mw was feeling the very base of the head/neck when palpating. Head pretty much gone into pelvis, so I know I've got pressure on the sacral joint. Knowing this makes it a tiny bit easier to cope I guess...though I wish it were some indication of labor coming sooner than labor. I am thinking I will have to deal with it for another couple weeks. Breaking out the TENS unit here soon to see if I can get enough relief to go to sleep!
#82 of 171 Old 07-30-2010, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonP'titBoudain View Post
Things are picking up a bit here. Baby is now engaged and putting a LOT of pressure on my cervix. And I've been contracting pretty consistently about 6 times an hour since yesterday afternoon. Some of them have really caught my attention, too, needing a bit of belly rubbing and a big breath. But, still, this was what happened for three weeks before dd was born, so I really feel ambivalent about the when of it all. I feel like I could be looking at 2 days or 2 weeks.... but not much more than that. I want to sleep a lot after 5 days of manic nesting, so that makes me feel a little more inclined towards the days end of the spectrum. No bloody show or anything more than the usual viscous mucous plug oozing! But, then, I've never had bloody show til pretty late into hard & active labor.
Good luck! I hope it's sooner than later for you!! That's a lot of contracting to be doing all day. I hope you are able to sleep at night.
#83 of 171 Old 07-30-2010, 03:38 AM - Thread Starter

Ok. Now I'm pretty sure this is it. Ctx for over 8 hours now. Still 5-7 mins apart but pretty painful, and lots of bloody show. Can't get any sleep. Today's my due date. How weird.

Good luck to everyone else feeling good stuff!

#84 of 171 Old 07-30-2010, 03:52 AM

yay Amy! I hope we hear soon that you have a baby in your arms!!

I've been awake now for 3 hours, kinda crampy but mostly just unable to stay comfortable. Going to be fun getting up for doctors appt in 4 hours! And baby is moving like crazy which does not help the comfort thing! Hope everyone else is sleeping all snuggly in bed (besides Amy!).
#85 of 171 Old 07-30-2010, 07:32 AM

Yea Amy ! Can't wait!!

I've been up with some early morning insomnia. And some massive pelvic pain. Ugh!
#86 of 171 Old 07-30-2010, 11:47 AM

I hope this is it for you Amy!!! I'll be stocking you today hoping I don't see any posts because you're cuddling a baby. (Or at least working on getting one into the world). Much luck to you!!!!

#87 of 171 Old 07-30-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKT View Post
Ok. Now I'm pretty sure this is it. Ctx for over 8 hours now. Still 5-7 mins apart but pretty painful, and lots of bloody show. Can't get any sleep. Today's my due date. How weird.
Sounds promising!!! Easy labor vibes to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellebee View Post
Good luck! I hope it's sooner than later for you!! That's a lot of contracting to be doing all day. I hope you are able to sleep at night.
It was a lot of contracting, but it wasn't very painful, though I could feel it in the cervix. Then, of course, it stopped cold last night! Which is good, cause I'm just 37 weeks today. And I like to sleep I still think I'm looking at the next week or so.... I hope (fingers crossed)!

#88 of 171 Old 07-30-2010, 01:31 PM

So I finally feel like I have *something* going on.

Tile guys were here today when I had to go excuse myself for like 20 mins (how embarrassing!) to go to the washroom!! I have not had diarhea at all this pregnancy and now today I spend almost a half hour on the pot crapping basically water LOL. I don't feel sick at all so its not like its the flu or something. Sorry if this was TMI, just wanted to share LOL.

Oh and while I was in the washroom, my 21 month old DD decided to take her pants off.....then her diaper. I came out of the washroom and the tile guy was changing her diaper LMAO!!!!! I asked what he was doing and he told me what she had done so he thought he should put a new diaper on her before she pooped on the floor LOL. How sweet of him!!! He has a 20 month old DD, so he totally gets how these things go. DD was a bit wierded out though, poor girl. I appreciate all his help.

#89 of 171 Old 07-30-2010, 02:39 PM

All the cramping and discomfort this past week for nothing. I am dialated and effaced to the same point I was last week. This is good for the baby, I know, GOOD! But I am impatient. I know some, or all, of my son's issues were related to him being early, so each day she is in there, I feel like it is only helping her. But still, SO IMPATIENT.
#90 of 171 Old 07-30-2010, 06:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was up last night from 10:20-12:30 with some good contractions. Had another couple this morning, and then nothing. Come out baby!!!

Elizabeth - Doing life with Scott partners.gif

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png
adoptionheart-1.gif  Follow our journey  mdcblog5.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page