Prodromal labor commiseration thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 171 Old 08-05-2010, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaB21 View Post
Well it's 6am and I just finally gave in and got out of bed. I've been having contractions all night, every 20 minutes that wake me up. They hurt!!! They're definitely 'real' contractions (whatever that means at this point ). They require some vocalization. They feel like the contractions I had with DD about midway point in the labor. Trouble is, they're only coming every 20 min so that can't possibly be productive. I've tried to get as much sleep as possible, but I just can't lay there anymore.
Same. Last night I finally got up in the middle of the night and took a shower for ever. I checked on the boys, walked around, finally went to bed. The contractions are painful yet feel totally pointless. Like, if babe isn't going to come, then I would like to sleep please.

Aidan 8/11/99 Bryn 9/7/04 Jardin is here! 8/23/10 ~Kindness is My Religion~ Dalai Lama
#122 of 171 Old 08-05-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaB21 View Post
It appears I am indeed in early labor. Contractions haven't gone away and their pretty intense but still only coming every 15-20 minutes.
Rebozo sifting is pretty effective for turning a posterior baby, especially once you're in early labor. Hopefully, if you can get him to turn than things will pick up!

me, wife to dh, the movie geek (7/01), mama to ds1, budding Star Wars geek (10/05), dd, budding princess of the dirt (03/08) and ds2, budding extrovert. watch out! (8/10).
#123 of 171 Old 08-05-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciascl View Post
Oh how I have forgotten about the inner thigh muscle cramps. I feel like they are twisting up. It is wild! I have had bh pretty much all day as long as I am standing up, if I sit they go away. Only a few contractions though. More of a general ache I guess. The bh are almost worse sometimes because of the the way they leave me so breathless & light headed. I think it won't be much longer now.
INNER THIGH CRAMPS. Omg.

Apparently my inner thigh area is getting a wonderful workout.

Has anyone else gotten the lovely full thigh cramp? I often wake up to the back of my legs seizing up in cramps and let me tell you, it HURTS.

39 weeks! Nothing new to report.

Nicole, wife to Sean, mother to Afton Reanne Evangeline, a natural birth at a hospital 8/17/2010 8lbs 9 oz 21 inches long.
#124 of 171 Old 08-05-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendmom View Post
Same. Last night I finally got up in the middle of the night and took a shower for ever. I checked on the boys, walked around, finally went to bed. The contractions are painful yet feel totally pointless. Like, if babe isn't going to come, then I would like to sleep please.
I've been having this too...horrible back aches at night. I've been having crampy contractions for the past 2-3 days. anyone know how long this lasts? Sometimes I feel like it could start any minute! My due date is this Sunday, so I guess it could happen any time
#125 of 171 Old 08-06-2010, 12:56 AM

All of my prodromal labor has done exactly squat for me. I'm 1cm and 50% effaced, so considering I've given birth 5 times before I pretty much walk around 1cm and 50% effaced all the time.

Grr.
#126 of 171 Old 08-06-2010, 08:11 AM

I've been having prodromal labor for about a week or so now. Never had it with either of my boys. Hopefully things will go faster for me this time around. I am 37+1 today and am ready for her to arrive. My cervix is 1 cm and soft--wasn't even dilated until about 38/39 weeks with the boys, so hopefully this is a good start!

Michelle , wife to Ray, mama to Anthony(12/20/05), Bryant(01/08), Carisma (08/21/10) , step ma to Amber(12/13/94), : :
#127 of 171 Old 08-07-2010, 01:45 AM

OMG if these braxton hicks don't settle down I am going to sceam! They are are litterally on top of eachother, I don't know may be 30 seconds to 2 minutes apart if that. They are lasting really long time too. I started panicking that it was real labor but I am only getting the painful tightening at the top of my belly that feels like baby is trying to push his butt out through my abdomen. I put on a belly band (fabric band to pull the belly/uterus up and in a bit) and rocked back and forth on the birth ball for a while which seems to have slowed them a lessened the intensity a tiny bit but now baby is moving like crazy so I am feeling all kinds of weird sensations. Baby must have turned posterior again since I am feeling all the small parts movement in the same area as the BH.

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#128 of 171 Old 08-07-2010, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Has anyone else gotten the lovely full thigh cramp? I often wake up to the back of my legs seizing up in cramps and let me tell you, it HURTS.
My experience with these types of cramps is that it is alleviated by taking a calcium/magnesium supplement at bedtime. Prenatals usually don't have enough in them.

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

#129 of 171 Old 08-07-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlemamma View Post
My experience with these types of cramps is that it is alleviated by taking a calcium/magnesium supplement at bedtime. Prenatals usually don't have enough in them.
These supplements have helped me a lot with leg cramps, I recommend them too!

Not much prodromal lately. Have had a handful of contractions that felt "real", painful, wrapped around to my back, but nothing consistent. I am now walking like crazy to encourage something to happen, 39 weeks and would prefer the baby to arrive before my parents get here on the 14th.

Crunchy Christian Wife and Mommy to awesome DH and DD1 (4/25/07) and DD2 (8/13/10)
#130 of 171 Old 08-07-2010, 04:23 PM

Well I am 39weeks and 2days...not much going on except sharp inner thigh pains and some pressure like she is pushing her head down. Last week at my visit I was not dilated at all and only 50% effaced. I can't sleep at night but thats only because my back hurts, I can't get comfortable, and she likes moving alot at night. Not feeling any bh so thinking this baby is not coming anytime soon. My DH thinks the baby will be here tomorrow but that is just wishful thinking lol. Tired of being cranky

Rebecca~mama to DD1-Alyssa 6/05, DD2-Kaylin 8/08, and new edition DD3-Reyana 8/10.
#131 of 171 Old 08-07-2010, 05:23 PM

Had another "episode" last night of ctx and back pain....back pain and pressure has continued all day, with tons of BH/real ctx(?)--hard to tell, since this is my first time! I'm now 2 days past my EDD, which I know doesn't mean much, but I'm hoping something happens soon--I'm starting to feel like I'll be pregnant forever! Just need to remember patience....at most, it will be 12 days before baby comes...I just really want to avoid an induction. No need to panic yet--I need to remember to stay chill and just keep talking myself down! But with all this pressure, back pain, and even menstrual-like crampiness, I've got the hunch that my body is preparing itself for some action. I guess I'll just continue to bop around on the birth ball!

ETA: Last night I also tried a triple-wammy labor inducer: I had the eggplant parm at a restaurant famous for labor-inducing with this dish (300+ photos of "eggplant babies" born within 48 hours of eating the dish displayed on a huge wall), then drank a glass of red wine, THEN had sex with my hubby, and then even followed it up with an EPO insert! Okay, so i guess it was a 4-part attack! Looks like it might have caused SOME action at least, since for the past week i've been feeling completely fine and no where close to birth!

5*10*15*20****25****30***35****40*42
#132 of 171 Old 08-07-2010, 10:43 PM

Is there some sort of limit on how long prodromal labor can go on? I've been having it since Thursday.

I'm doing alright but I sure would like to know that the longest prodromal labor can last is, say, a maximum of five days. What I don't want to hear is that it can linger on for weeks.

Lindsay, that is some commitment to bringing on labor! You go, girl! I'm going to check and see if there are any eggplant parmesan baby restaurants in my area.

Catholic homeschooling mom of two daughters and four sons... baby Mark born on 8/27/10. Kidney Disease Awareness
#133 of 171 Old 08-08-2010, 12:03 AM

Lots of basil and oregano! Secret to eggplant inducer!

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

#134 of 171 Old 08-08-2010, 01:28 AM

I LOVE eggplant parmesan anyway but now I am making it my mission to find some tomorrow!

Crunchy Christian Wife and Mommy to awesome DH and DD1 (4/25/07) and DD2 (8/13/10)
#135 of 171 Old 08-08-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageMom6 View Post
Is there some sort of limit on how long prodromal labor can go on? I've been having it since Thursday.

I'm doing alright but I sure would like to know that the longest prodromal labor can last is, say, a maximum of five days. What I don't want to hear is that it can linger on for weeks.
The answer is what you don't want to hear.

I've been having it on and off for 2 weeks now. I had 3 hours of very convincing stuff this morning only to have it completely fizzle out.
#136 of 171 Old 08-08-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limette View Post
The answer is what you don't want to hear.

I've been having it on and off for 2 weeks now. I had 3 hours of very convincing stuff this morning only to have it completely fizzle out.
+1. I've been dealing with pretty intense and convincing ctx on and off for the past week and a half. All night friday, all day yesterday--and today I wake up feeling fine again! SO FRUSTRATING. Just trying to stay positive--but it gets hard sometimes.

#137 of 171 Old 08-08-2010, 01:39 PM

I have felt crampy and yucky all night, this morning I noticed a big glob of mucousy discharge with little spots of red. I'll take what I can get, just a sign that I'm close is nice

I decided yesterday that I am way to focused on all the pain, and it's making me and D miserable. I feel like I've become very negative and stressed out trying to dicipher all the contractions, back pain, etc. I decided it's all this is going to happen, I just need to let it go, and enjoy the time I have left.

Of course this does nothing for the pelvic pain, but not focusing on the signs and pain are making me smile again

Aidan 8/11/99 Bryn 9/7/04 Jardin is here! 8/23/10 ~Kindness is My Religion~ Dalai Lama
#138 of 171 Old 08-08-2010, 07:33 PM

I finally feel like I have something *sort of* significant to report.

Last night I went to bed and woke up about 45 minutes later to a contraction!! It hurt! So I figured I'd go back to sleep and if I WAS in labor, I would most likely wake up LOL. So 10 minutes later, another one...back to sleep, 10 mins later, again. Only I woke up freezing cold, like shivering cold, and it was HOT in our house! So I covered with a blanket. This whole 10 minute pattern lasted another 30 mins, only the last time I woke up I was so freaking hot I was sweating! I again, went back to sleep. Woke up at 5:30 AM with nothing! GRRRRRR. Nothing all day! But I attribute the 6 or so contractions I had to climbing the stairs of a grandstand 6 or 7 times yesterday evening. Maybe I should go get the key from my mom so I can run them this time

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#139 of 171 Old 08-08-2010, 09:39 PM

I have had NOTHING all week. I have been working, standing, walking constantly and pretty much over-doing it to try to get something going and NOTHING. However today I feel like utter crap. No contractions or anything productive, just exhausted, icky, hot and generally gross. I actually had DH go out and get me some Coca cola which I NEVER drink just to try to give me a boost so I can get through until bedtime. I am trying to be zen until baby is ready but a sign of ANYTHING (mucous plug, contractions, cramps) coming in the next week or so would be nice.

#140 of 171 Old 08-09-2010, 02:49 PM

I had the same thing happen yesterday to me. I was just all around blah. Hubby took the kids to the pool, something I usually love doing with them. I didn't want to go, had thoughts of cleaning up some. Ha, all I did was sit on my ball and do dumb stuff on the computer. I have decided that this time around I am going to be a mama with an imperfect nest. I have also decided that I am going to use these next couple of weeks to do what I want to do and tell DH that he has to do everything for ME. Last night I was laying on the couch asking him in the nicest way to do this and do that. It worked. I think he is scared to know what would happen if he said no. I will use this to my full advantage. I highly recommend trying it!!!!!

Island mama to DD (10), DS (5), DS (4) and DD (Aug 31 '10)
#141 of 171 Old 08-09-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarmomof3 View Post
Well I am 39weeks and 2days...not much going on except sharp inner thigh pains and some pressure like she is pushing her head down. Last week at my visit I was not dilated at all and only 50% effaced. I can't sleep at night but thats only because my back hurts, I can't get comfortable, and she likes moving alot at night. Not feeling any bh so thinking this baby is not coming anytime soon. My DH thinks the baby will be here tomorrow but that is just wishful thinking lol. Tired of being cranky
Stellarmom~ Can you get over to Girdwood and ride the gondola up? That's how I went into labor imediately last time. The instant high altitude gain puts pressure on your waters. You could make a day of it and take the kids up and have a picnic or something? Maybe combine with blueberry picking if they're ready?

#142 of 171 Old 08-10-2010, 06:45 AM

Someone please tell me that all this bloody snot I've been passing since my last cervix check is not just "spotting". Seriously. That can't be possible, right? It has to be mucous plug.

Spotting doesn't happen in CHUNKS, right?

There should be an interpretor for this labor baloney. Srsly. And then that interpretor can tell me that labor is very, very imminent so I can go on leave from work.

39 w 4 d

Nicole, wife to Sean, mother to Afton Reanne Evangeline, a natural birth at a hospital 8/17/2010 8lbs 9 oz 21 inches long.
#143 of 171 Old 08-10-2010, 07:38 AM

I had nasty contractions from 4-6 this morning. Annoyingly that's when labor started with my previous two, but of course they stopped and now nothing.

ARGH!
#144 of 171 Old 08-10-2010, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole Starr View Post
Someone please tell me that all this bloody snot I've been passing since my last cervix check is not just "spotting". Seriously. That can't be possible, right? It has to be mucous plug.

Spotting doesn't happen in CHUNKS, right?
Pretty sure that isnt spotting.
#145 of 171 Old 08-10-2010, 10:48 AM

hmmm....I had this after a cervical check too but that was 2 weeks ago...no labor yet. Could that have been my plug too? It just seems to long ago with no labor to have been it.

#146 of 171 Old 08-10-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COgirl19 View Post
hmmm....I had this after a cervical check too but that was 2 weeks ago...no labor yet. Could that have been my plug too? It just seems to long ago with no labor to have been it.
See? This is why we need labor interpretors!

It could have been because from what I understand pieces can be lost weeks before labor. Especially if you've been dilating at all.

#147 of 171 Old 08-10-2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matey View Post
Pretty sure that isnt spotting.
I ask because the doctor was like, "You may experience spotting after the exam, don't be worried, it's normal."

Which I knew, but this doesn't seem like typical spotting and I was trying to get some kind of confirmation because I didn't want to get all excited for no reason. LOL

#148 of 171 Old 08-10-2010, 12:30 PM

I lost at least some of my mucus plug late last night (around 11 pm). There was no blood in it; instead it was a thick, nearly solid, yellowish, half-dollar size chunk of snot. I've never had any discharge that was anything like this, so I'm sure it was my plug.

No ctx or cramps today, but I'm hoping that--since I'm already 40w5d--the loss of the plug means birth is imminent.

And Nicole--sounds like you're definitely losing plug, too. Sometimes an exam can incite the loss of plug as well as bleeding.

So...does losing my plug at this late point in pregnancy suggest baby is coming soon?? Can anyone offer me some hope?

#149 of 171 Old 08-10-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
See? This is why we need labor interpretors!

It could have been because from what I understand pieces can be lost weeks before labor. Especially if you've been dilating at all.
I know people can lose it in pieces, I guess I just thought that with the blood in it, maybe it was something more. I dont know though. I am dialated to a 3, and have been losing small chunks of mucus for a couple weeks, but nothing with blood in it. I keep thinking if I see blood then things are starting to go, but maybe not.

Quote:
I ask because the doctor was like, "You may experience spotting after the exam, don't be worried, it's normal."

Which I knew, but this doesn't seem like typical spotting and I was trying to get some kind of confirmation because I didn't want to get all excited for no reason. LOL
My dr. always says that too, but I always assumed it would be just that, a little spotting, not bloody snot. When I lost my plug with ds, it came out in two ways. There was a big glob of no blood snotty looking stuff and then later on a big glob of bloody snotty stuff. I went into labor with at the most 24 hours after the bloody stuff.

I understand not wanting to get yourself excited, but if your anything like me, you've already passed that point and are excited. So, hopefully, this will be it!
#150 of 171 Old 08-10-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendmom View Post
Stellarmom~ Can you get over to Girdwood and ride the gondola up? That's how I went into labor imediately last time. The instant high altitude gain puts pressure on your waters. You could make a day of it and take the kids up and have a picnic or something? Maybe combine with blueberry picking if they're ready?
That sounds like a great idea. Will see if I can make it today or maybe even tomorrow. I am relaxing without the kids this morning and hoping that will help things along cause I have been so stressed out lately. I will let you know if I make it up there.

Rebecca~mama to DD1-Alyssa 6/05, DD2-Kaylin 8/08, and new edition DD3-Reyana 8/10.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page