Prodromal labor commiseration thread - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 171 Old 08-10-2010, 05:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I didn't spot a speck until I lost my plug last time. And that was a big gob of bloody snot, as described. I had my DD 21 hours later. I've definitely been on the lookout for my plug this time, hoping that will be the Big Sign.

So far I'm up to "mild period cramps" for hours on end. Nothing remotely resembling contractions. I don't remember having these cramps last time, but I did have contractions a few nights before the real deal, and most of the day before. Also hoping for those to get started. 39w5d by u/s today. 40w8d by calendar. DD was 41w5d by calendar. Open, open, open.

Co-sleeping, Breastfeeding, EC'ing, Baby-wearing, Homebirthing mama to two fabulous girls 6/2007 and 8/2010
#152 of 171 Old 08-10-2010, 05:35 PM

Anybody else never had bloody show or seen their mucous plug?

This is my third full term pregnancy and I can say no to the above statement.
#153 of 171 Old 08-10-2010, 05:41 PM

Last night I was up from 2-5:30 with lower back ache and cramping. I could NOT get comfortable. It didn't help that it was storming out either. It hink it was probably a change in the barometric pressure that caused me to cramp and have a sore back so I am not getting hopeful in the least LOL. Regardless of what goes (or doesn't go) on this baby will be here, at the latest, Friday the 13th!

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#154 of 171 Old 08-10-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limette View Post

I have asked a couple friends about it. The one mama has had one birth and she never saw the plug. The other mama has had 2 births. If I remember right, she lost the plug on the first before labor, and on the second it wasn't until the ROM at 8.5 cm.
#155 of 171 Old 08-10-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimestersdoula View Post
Last night I was up from 2-5:30 with lower back ache and cramping. I could NOT get comfortable. It didn't help that it was storming out either. It hink it was probably a change in the barometric pressure that caused me to cramp and have a sore back so I am not getting hopeful in the least LOL. Regardless of what goes (or doesn't go) on this baby will be here, at the latest, Friday the 13th!
That's funny, I had contractions from 4-6 am this morning which coincided exactly with a major thunder storm.
#156 of 171 Old 08-10-2010, 06:24 PM

I had a midwife appt today and asked her about it and she thinks it may have been my plug since it was so solid and snotty looking, even with the fact at had a cervix check that morning. But yeah, 2 weeks ago and obviously no baby yet. On the upside I am a little over 50% effaced and she said I am "at least" 2 cm dilated. She gave me a topical application of EPO too and gave me the go ahead to try some orally as well to move things along so we will see. Off for another walk!

Crunchy Christian Wife and Mommy to awesome DH and DD1 (4/25/07) and DD2 (8/13/10)
#157 of 171 Old 08-10-2010, 11:46 PM

Okay, 41+3 here. Contractions on and off for 3 weeks, backache all day today, 4cm and 50% effaced for a week now. NO BABY. I swear every time my contractions fizzle out I think I slip a little closer to the brink. Sigh... I feel like there is maybe half an inch between the baby and whatever I'm sitting on. Come on baby! Out, out, out!

M, wife to D, mama to J 8/29/08, expecting someone new in July/August
#158 of 171 Old 08-11-2010, 08:30 AM

Had contractions all bloody night. Weird ones that were less painful than the ones I've had all week. Baby moved lots during them.

I noticed this morning that I've lost 5 lbs in the past couple of days. Hopefully this is a sign.
#159 of 171 Old 08-11-2010, 09:59 AM

Quote:

Yup - me too! This is only my second pregnancy, but I'm not convinced I ever had a mucous plug with DD at all!! I certainly never saw it! I had a bit of blood during labour, but not sure that's what you call bloody show (shouldn't it happen before labour starts?)

It's even more frustrating this time around, with all the pains and contractions to know that none of it seems to be doing anything!!

Lisa - mama to Eleanor Rose 01/08 and Saoirse Lily 09/10
#160 of 171 Old 08-11-2010, 10:18 AM

39 weeks today. Had contractions for like 4 hours last night. They started getting closer together and longer in duration, then died out. Started back up again later, but were much weaker and I knew nothing was going to happen. What a disappointment!
#161 of 171 Old 08-11-2010, 12:10 PM

well I was totally mistaken about my mucous plug. It lost it this morning! I thought it had been coming out in bits and pieces over the last couple of weeks but this morning there was absolutely NO mistaking it. BIG globs of bloody mucous (TMI!) dropping in the toilet and when I wiped. No contractions, but a lot of AF like cramps and back-ache.

Crunchy Christian Wife and Mommy to awesome DH and DD1 (4/25/07) and DD2 (8/13/10)
#162 of 171 Old 08-11-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Had contractions all bloody night. Weird ones that were less painful than the ones I've had all week. Baby moved lots during them.

I noticed this morning that I've lost 5 lbs in the past couple of days. Hopefully this is a sign.
Losing weight is a sign of impending birth. Usually one week or less before.

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

#163 of 171 Old 08-11-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COgirl19 View Post
well I was totally mistaken about my mucous plug. It lost it this morning! I thought it had been coming out in bits and pieces over the last couple of weeks but this morning there was absolutely NO mistaking it. BIG globs of bloody mucous (TMI!) dropping in the toilet and when I wiped. No contractions, but a lot of AF like cramps and back-ache.
Yea! Maybe your time is coming. I cant believe I feel so jealous when I read that someone has big glob of bloody mucus. I want it so bad!
#164 of 171 Old 08-11-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlemamma View Post
I hope so, my contractions are painful now, I often have to breathe through them.
#165 of 171 Old 08-11-2010, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlemamma View Post
i hope! i lost 1.5 pounds this week....

Nicki wife to Rich, Mama to 7 y/o DS, and a beautiful Princess Aug 2010
#166 of 171 Old 08-11-2010, 06:33 PM

I think i'm to the point where I won't believe that anything is leading to labor except a baby crowning! (haha, okay maybe not that far but.. SERIOUSLY. WEEKS of this stuff has made me a little tired of even trying to analyze what the heck is going on.)
#167 of 171 Old 08-11-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMorgan View Post
I think i'm to the point where I won't believe that anything is leading to labor except a baby crowning! (haha, okay maybe not that far but.. SERIOUSLY. WEEKS of this stuff has made me a little tired of even trying to analyze what the heck is going on.)
I'm just now joining this thread. I've been having what I THOUGHT was labor since Sunday...obviously it's not. Today it's way more intense though and I've seen a major increase in mucous.

At this point though, I have 2 weeks until my EDD so I'm not getting my hopes up.

I don't mind this baby not coming until right around or after its EDD but all of this prelabor stuff is beginning to feel like a big tease.

Wife to a bearded dude.
Mama to DS [05/21/08] & DD [09/16/10] 43 weeks 1 day!
#168 of 171 Old 08-11-2010, 07:52 PM

Quote:
That's how I'm feeling right now. I will really doubt it, if baby is facing the right direction and the contractions are less painful than my posterior births.

The hospital is 45 minutes away so I'm not leaving the house until I'm positive.
#169 of 171 Old 08-11-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
#170 of 171 Old 08-12-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Oh, I have nothing to say but AMEN!

Military spouse to the love of my life, mommy to DS1 (bio, 9/2007), DS2 (ET, 2005), and my DD 8/2010!
#171 of 171 Old 08-12-2010, 03:26 PM

Due today and it's very surreal.

Having some BH contractions every now and then, have lost tons of mucous since my cervix check Monday. How much can possibly be up there? LOL

Just sitting and waiting now. Hope she comes soon.

Nicole, wife to Sean, mother to Afton Reanne Evangeline, a natural birth at a hospital 8/17/2010 8lbs 9 oz 21 inches long.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page