Insomnia grrrr! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 07-21-2010, 01:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
As if I don't get enough sleep with all the trips to the bathroom at night. Didn't even get a nap today! So tired! Took some Rescue Remedy..will see if that helps???If the baby stopped having a party in the womb I think it might help. As with all my children, when bedtime hits, its time to play. Oh well. Such is life in the third trimester.

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

#2 of 15 Old 07-21-2010, 01:58 AM

I'm awake with you! For the second night in a row. Actually fell asleep for an hour and then DH woke me up and now it's party time here also along with heartburn and lots of Braxton hicks!
#3 of 15 Old 07-21-2010, 02:13 AM

This is really the hallmark of my 3rd trimester with both pregnancies. Something about my hormones causes me to get a second wind around 8pm - no matter how exhausted I may be up until that point, a switch is flipped and I'm up till at least midnight.

The good part is that I'm up (either with DS or on my own) around 7 every morning so my body doesn't seem to suffer so horribly from the sleep deprivation that a newborn brings. In a way as much as it sucks I think it is a preparatory thing for me.

Wife to 8/07, SAHM to DS1 12/08 & DS2 7/10
#4 of 15 Old 07-21-2010, 09:13 AM

Yes, a minimum of 3 trips to the bathroom at night, usually 4. The bathroom in on a different level too. And I always get up with the boys if one of them awakens in the middle of the night. Add to that random bh contractions, charlie horses and pelvic pain, not to mention the difficulty in getting comfortable to begin with and I too have had trouble getting and staying asleep. Now, even if the boys sleep in a little, I am up early because for some reason, I am hungry every morning sometimes by 5 am and will have significant nausea if I don't eat. These times are fun, aren't they? BUT, I am in no rush to get this baby out because I have a feeling things are going to be a lot more hectic.
#5 of 15 Old 07-21-2010, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, night time feedings and colic are not fun..guess I should enjoy this time. Why oh why do I keep doing this to myself. missed sex ed in school 'cause we moved so much!

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

#6 of 15 Old 07-21-2010, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
This is me...I've been waking up around 5am to pee and not able to go back to sleep.
#7 of 15 Old 07-21-2010, 10:21 AM

DDCC -

i fell asleep around 5

DH got up around 6, waking me up every 10 minutes with his half-hour-of-snoozes

woke me up again around 7 when he left

I got up at 8 because I have a midwife appointment today.

I am cranky, sick, sore and TIRED.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#8 of 15 Old 07-21-2010, 12:29 PM

You're not alone! The nights my toddler sleeps well, I'm wide awake. The nights he sleeps like crap I could pass out anytime! So annoying!

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone
#9 of 15 Old 07-21-2010, 12:45 PM

I was sleeping great last night (only one trip to the bathroom!) until our kitten escaped the laundry room at 5:30 a.m. Sharp claws pouncing relentlessly at my feet was my wake-up call.

Amy (34): mommy to DD1 (11/07) and DD2 (7/10), wife, wohm, and wannabe suburban homesteader.
#10 of 15 Old 07-21-2010, 01:16 PM

I miss sleep. The good, falling asleep before your head hits the pillow not waking up till morning sleep. the sleep where you aren't surrounded by no less than 4 pillows, the sleep where you are wearing pjs instead of half naked because you are hot, not waking up every hour or so because you are sore sleep.

Nicki wife to Rich, Mama to 7 y/o DS, and a beautiful Princess Aug 2010
#11 of 15 Old 07-21-2010, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlandnl View Post
I miss sleep. The good, falling asleep before your head hits the pillow not waking up till morning sleep. the sleep where you aren't surrounded by no less than 4 pillows, the sleep where you are wearing pjs instead of half naked because you are hot, not waking up every hour or so because you are sore sleep.
That sounds heavenly! Let's see, for me, that is probably 18 months away. And if I send my Dh to get snipped...could be the end of sleep deprivation...all though my daughter just turned 13. A few more years and sleep deprivation starts all over again! Oh well. Such is the life of being a parent.

#12 of 15 Old 07-21-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlemamma View Post
That sounds heavenly! Let's see, for me, that is probably 18 months away. And if I send my Dh to get snipped...could be the end of sleep deprivation...all though my daughter just turned 13. A few more years and sleep deprivation starts all over again! Oh well. Such is the life of being a parent.
oh yes it's defintely a long time away! i tell my friends all the time that pregnancy is nature's way of preparing you for a lifetime of sleepless nights

Nicki wife to Rich, Mama to 7 y/o DS, and a beautiful Princess Aug 2010
#13 of 15 Old 07-21-2010, 05:58 PM

i've been having hotel fantasies lately...i go to a hotel all alone and sleep the sleep i've been dreaming of for the past 2+ years! i'm up peeing all night, or letting the cat in our room, or tending to the toddler....how exactly will a newborn fit into this?
#14 of 15 Old 07-21-2010, 06:05 PM

I keep waking up crying/whining because I cannot sleep well enough. I can't get comfortable because of hip/pelvic pain and having a huge belly. Then BH (that feel like horrible cramps with stupid lower back pain). Then I have to get up to pee like a million times a night (at least 5 or more...) Then the kitties are jumping all over the bed, or playing on top of me, or cuddling my face and sticking their whiskers up my nose which tickles so much it hurts. THEN this morning the neighbors dog was barking like crazy for hours.. and then the sun comes up and I can't get back to sleep. So then I am sitting in bed thinking "Man, and this just isn't going to end. Its going to be a BABY keeping me up soon.." and the sobbing begins. Hahah. I just miss sleep already!
#15 of 15 Old 07-21-2010, 11:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlandnl View Post
This has been a very tempting prospect my entire parenting life.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page