Baby question? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-27-2010, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, silly question. So I am 36 weeks and my baby is moving like he is on speed. I mean he is all over the place. Never had this in my third trimester. Usually they slow down. It is nice to feel him move, because he hasn't really moved this whole pregnancy. I feel a little sheepishasking, because this is my fifth. Just wondering if this is in the norm. I am petite so it is not like he has a lot of room to move around. I am having contractions every 10 min. He doesn't seem to like them, because he kicks me when they begin..it is almost like he is panicking. Should I be concerned. I all of a sudden have this urge to speed up my baby welcoming preparation. Gave up on nesting this preg. Maybe this is it. or maybe it is just the full moon messing with me?

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

#2 of 6 Old 07-27-2010, 01:59 PM

All 3 of mine have been very different. DS1 just stretched out his legs alot at this point, DS2 was pretty mellow & this one is like yours constant strong movement. I think it also has to do with baby's position as to how much movement you actually feel. This one is head down but he is posterior so his arms & legs are facing my belly not my back.

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#3 of 6 Old 07-27-2010, 06:48 PM

This one is insanely active as well. She had me up this morning at 5am kicking, flailing little arms, rolling over, she has hickups followed by hours of playtime! The first 2 were not this active, they liked to stretch and hang out. It really drives me crazy, but I would rather have cervix ripening contractions and lung prep contractions while she's in there as opposed to a painful contracting labor.

Aidan 8/11/99 Bryn 9/7/04 Jardin is here! 8/23/10 ~Kindness is My Religion~ Dalai Lama
#4 of 6 Old 07-27-2010, 07:18 PM

DS was very active the last month and he had very little room to move.

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#5 of 6 Old 07-28-2010, 12:08 AM

This baby was super-active until the day I went into labor. Apparently I tons of fluid, which must have made a difference. He was also under 7 lbs, so he had more room.

Mama to Peter (3/8/04), Leo (3/12/06), Timothy (7/24/10), and boy #4 due on the summer solstice 2014
#6 of 6 Old 07-28-2010, 12:35 PM

i'm 37 weeks and she's still dancing around in there but there's little room...so i'm guessing it's fine. some of her kicks/stretches i swear she's going to bust through the side of my belly!

DD: 8/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page