serious nesting today (my first post) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-28-2010, 09:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, I've been on here lurking around for about a week now, so I guess I've decided to post too!! So I am in serious nesting mode today. I experienced this sudden burst of energy this evening and cleaned the entire house (down to the cobwebs on the ceiling)! I didn't even stop with the house, though - I ended up cutting my nails and shaving my legs too. Haha!
Is anyone else going through this? Is this a sign that labor is coming soon?? I hope so, can't wait to meet my new babe (due Aug 11th).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2010, 09:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Welcome to MDC and our DDC!

I've been in serious nesting mode as well. Today the fridge got scrubbed like it hasn't been scrubbed in ages!

Elizabeth - Doing life with Scott partners.gif

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png
adoptionheart-1.gif  Follow our journey  mdcblog5.gif

Old 07-28-2010, 09:19 PM

PLEASE drive over to my house and clean it for me!!

I am a slug today. Since you are new and have so much energy, it is only far that you share it with us

(ps - I am totally kidding!!) and totally bored....

Christian helpmeet, homeschooling, homebirthing, homesteading wife, happily raising our family completely naturally. Mother to 5 children, 1 angel and new baby due in August!
Old 07-28-2010, 11:21 PM

Me too. By 9am, I had finished painting a window, hung up some curtains, made the beds, cleaned my bathroom, including scrubbing the shower on my hands and knees and had a shower. Then I went out at about 10am to the farm to get some fresh veggies and went to get a carseat. I relaxed a bit, then I vacuumed several rooms in the house, hung the other curtain, laid out a couple of rugs, cleaned the boys rooms and went out to fill a prescription and grab a few more items. When DH arrived home with the boys, I made dinner, did more cleaning, helped them unpack, tried to take out a wasps nest (got stung, gave up), read them their stories and am working on a mountain of laundry. I'm also thinking of revenge on the wasps now that it's night, but it's a pretty stupid plan.

This is more energy I've had in one day than I've had during the entire pregnancy, and I think I can say that without any exageration. I'm due August 24th though.

Don't trust anyone under 5! Mom to 3 boys under 5. Blogging to save my sanity.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:22 PM

I'm glad to see another new person posting here. I have been hesitant to just jump into the DDC this late, but you have inspired me.

My nesting was this weekend. After that baby massively dropped and I have no patience or energy for anything!
Old 07-28-2010, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalgrovecrunchy View Post
Okay, I've been on here lurking around for about a week now, so I guess I've decided to post too!! So I am in serious nesting mode today. I experienced this sudden burst of energy this evening and cleaned the entire house (down to the cobwebs on the ceiling)! I didn't even stop with the house, though - I ended up cutting my nails and shaving my legs too. Haha!
Is anyone else going through this? Is this a sign that labor is coming soon?? I hope so, can't wait to meet my new babe (due Aug 11th).
So Jealous! Can't seem to get into nesting mode. Can't figure out why? It is probably 'cause I can't get a nursery ready due to moving to Japan in a few months. I keep thinking what's the point.

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

Old 07-29-2010, 12:51 AM

Oh yeah, I'm in major nesting mode too. I hadn't had an ounce of extra energy throughout the whole pregnancy but starting Saturday I *had* to get the final pieces done and immediately! I sewed a whole bunch of things for a bigger EC stash and then I got all the final pieces of the homebirth kit/supplies together and then did all the freezer meals. Today, I started on the laundry stuff and cleaning the house thoroughly. It's nice to have this last burst... I didn't think it was coming this time!

As far as being a sign of labor soon, eh, that totally depends on you & the baby. Sometimes it is (I nested like this for the week before ds came), sometimes it isn't (I nested the whole second trimester with dd but nothing very intense at the end).

me, wife to dh, the movie geek (7/01), mama to ds1, budding Star Wars geek (10/05), dd, budding princess of the dirt (03/08) and ds2, budding extrovert. watch out! (8/10).

User Tag List