Random Chat Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 145 Old 08-06-2010, 09:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsayb View Post
It's my due date, too. But why would you guys sit around crying if you'd made it to your due date? Baby's never heard of a due date! At no point in my pregnancy did I expect to have this baby on or before today.
The "due date" is not an "expiration date." Rather than think of today as the last day baby should come, I consider it the *first* day baby should come! Loving patience.
I'm pretty sure most of us know that.

Both my kids were due date babies. With the excruciating pain I'm experiencing this time around, every day the baby isn't here is a day to cry over.
#62 of 145 Old 08-06-2010, 11:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by limette View Post

Both my kids were due date babies. With the excruciating pain I'm experiencing this time around, every day the baby isn't here is a day to cry over.
Exactly. I know that it's just a due date. I know that in my head. But that doesn't make me any less excited and anxious for this baby to arrive. I'm miserable. My toddler is miserable because I can't do much. I'm having prodromal labor every night. I'm ready to be done!

Elizabeth - Doing life with Scott partners.gif

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png
adoptionheart-1.gif  Follow our journey  mdcblog5.gif

#63 of 145 Old 08-06-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limette View Post
Umm...not trying to "school" anyone...just trying to offer some positivity and encouragement to others who might appreciate it.

I had a week of intense prodromal labor...a week ago...that has since stopped completely and now, no signs of baby anytime soon. I'm experiencing all of the aches, pains, wacky emotions, and frustrations that any 40+ weeker would experience. And, of course, I've got everyone I know staring at me, texting me, calling me, hounding me about WHY HASN'T THE BABY COME YET?? So to combat the intense physical and mental discomfort, it helps me to remind myself that a due date is pretty arbitrary, and that baby will be here in less than two weeks anyway, which is really a short amount of time. So yeah--just tryin' to throw out that same mentality in hopes that it lifts others' spirits, with the appreciation that other women have helped me in that way lately.

5*10*15*20****25****30***35****40*42
#64 of 145 Old 08-06-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsayb View Post
Umm...not trying to "school" anyone...just trying to offer some positivity and encouragement to others who might appreciate it.
It's totally fine. In my cranky pregnant state I take everything wrong. I knew you didn't mean anything by it, just trying to encourage. Like I said, I'm just cranky, cranky, cranky right now.

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png

#65 of 145 Old 08-06-2010, 12:58 PM

I'm wondering if it really is worse to have a summer baby? I mean, not "worse", but just harder with heat, swelling, can't go many places b/c of heat, kids home for summer, etc? I wonder what it would be like to be pregnant in the middle of winter?

Aidan 8/11/99 Bryn 9/7/04 Jardin is here! 8/23/10 ~Kindness is My Religion~ Dalai Lama
#66 of 145 Old 08-06-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendmom View Post
I'm wondering if it really is worse to have a summer baby? I mean, not "worse", but just harder with heat, swelling, can't go many places b/c of heat, kids home for summer, etc? I wonder what it would be like to be pregnant in the middle of winter?
This is my first summer baby, as the other two were born in the fall/winter. I think pregnancy is a little more comfortable in the winter (and the maternity clothes are often better), but it sucks to actually have a newborn in the winter and not have many places to go because of the cold. I felt like I was stuck at home in dimness/darkness all the time. At least when we have our August babies, we will be able to take them outside a lot and are coming into the nicest season of the year in most places (fall).

Katie (36)

Married mom to Patrick (2004), Noah (2006) and Liam (2010) VBAC!!
winner.jpg                                        nocirc.gif                                  jumpers.gif
#67 of 145 Old 08-06-2010, 03:48 PM

I have never been zen about making it to my EDD. I hit 37 weeks and I am just DONE being pregnant. The longest I've ever gone overdue is 15 days and I was completely out of my mind by then. I hit 37 weeks yesterday and sure enough, I flipped my lid and spent most of the day crying and begging the baby to come out. Feeling a little better today but this morning I told my DP I was going to start knitting my Christmas maternity sweater because I was gonna be pregnant forever. I love the mood swings.
#68 of 145 Old 08-06-2010, 04:03 PM

My OB asked me yesterday "So, when ya going into labor?" (jokingly btw) - and I yelled "I DON'T KNOW!!!!!!!!!!" - He said "well I promise you won't be pregnant forever" but then on the way home I said "I AM going to be pregnant forever!!!!!"
Maybe if I just LoOOoOVVVvvVEEEDD being pregnant I would have had the baby by now. But I hate ittttt! So I'll be pregnant until the last second possible.
My DPs birthday is the 20th and I really wanted to be able to have some great party or something for it. Its hard to plan if you don't know if you'll be in labor, hugely pregnant, or recovering. She'll probably come on her daddy's birthday though probably just to remind me that I can't control any of this! hahah.
#69 of 145 Old 08-06-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamsInDigital View Post
I have never been zen about making it to my EDD. I hit 37 weeks and I am just DONE being pregnant. The longest I've ever gone overdue is 15 days and I was completely out of my mind by then. I hit 37 weeks yesterday and sure enough, I flipped my lid and spent most of the day crying and begging the baby to come out. Feeling a little better today but this morning I told my DP I was going to start knitting my Christmas maternity sweater because I was gonna be pregnant forever. I love the mood swings.
That is me! DS1 was born just before 38 weeks so I feel like I am at my edd at that point. DS2 was 11 days after my edd I felt like I was 4 weeks over due by that point. I keep feeling like I am going to go into labor at any moment and I am exausting myself. I need to stop and actually concider the real possibility that I could be pregnant for another 3 more weeks. I seriously doubt it will be that long, but it is possible.

My birthday is Tuesday so really I am hoping that baby comes then. My mom & grandma share a birthday on 8/2 so it would be really special.

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#70 of 145 Old 08-06-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Oh yes, I had a total meltdown at 37 weeks. People keep telling me there is "no way" I would go over my due date, but people also told me I would NEVER make it to August. I cant imagine going 15 days over (good thing my ob wont let that happen, blah, dont get me going on that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMorgan View Post
My OB asked me yesterday "So, when ya going into labor?" (jokingly btw) - and I yelled "I DON'T KNOW!!!!!!!!!!" - He said "well I promise you won't be pregnant forever" but then on the way home I said "I AM going to be pregnant forever!!!!!"
Maybe if I just LoOOoOVVVvvVEEEDD being pregnant I would have had the baby by now. But I hate ittttt! So I'll be pregnant until the last second possible.
My DPs birthday is the 20th and I really wanted to be able to have some great party or something for it. Its hard to plan if you don't know if you'll be in labor, hugely pregnant, or recovering. She'll probably come on her daddy's birthday though probably just to remind me that I can't control any of this! hahah.
You know, so many things that you write, I feel exactly the same way. I truly think you dislike being pregnant as much as I do. And I too feel like this baby is out to get me with this I'm-staying-in-your-uterus-forever behavior.

I am also glad so many nutty pregnant women say they're going to be pregnant forever. It may be irrational, but it really does seem like it will never end. But then I think that it will probably be over (it BETTER be over) in the next couple weeks, but that seems more irrational than the truly irrational statement.
#71 of 145 Old 08-06-2010, 07:22 PM

Quote:
bendmom~I'm wondering if it really is worse to have a summer baby? I mean, not "worse", but just harder with heat, swelling, can't go many places b/c of heat, kids home for summer, etc? I wonder what it would be like to be pregnant in the middle of winter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyedoc View Post
This is my first summer baby, as the other two were born in the fall/winter. I think pregnancy is a little more comfortable in the winter (and the maternity clothes are often better), but it sucks to actually have a newborn in the winter and not have many places to go because of the cold. I felt like I was stuck at home in dimness/darkness all the time. At least when we have our August babies, we will be able to take them outside a lot and are coming into the nicest season of the year in most places (fall).
This is also my first summer baby. Miserable, miserable, miserable. I do believe this is the worst time to be pregnant. I think all the symptoms are exaggerated. My experience is, the birds and other animals have it right, March-May are the best times to have a baby. However, buckeyedoc, is right,
Quote:
"..it sucks to actually have a newborn in the winter and not have many places to go because of the cold....At least when we have our August babies, we will be able to take them outside a lot and are coming into the nicest season of the year in most places (fall)."
Guess this is the Pollyanna side of things and it is nice to have light and nice weather during the postpartum period! Yeah, for rainbows!!!

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

#72 of 145 Old 08-06-2010, 09:49 PM

Uggh! I just put the baby seat in. We now have 3 seats across the back of our toyota corolla This is going to be an adventure. The seats fit in well but DS1 can't fit his hand in to get the seatbelt buckled on his booster. Plus they are all RIGHT NEXT TO EACHOTHER. I envision lots of car fights for a while. Oh well...the seats fit in well and everyone will be safe so I am going to run with that positive note I guess.

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#73 of 145 Old 08-06-2010, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciascl View Post
Uggh! I just put the baby seat in. We now have 3 seats across the back of our toyota corolla This is going to be an adventure. The seats fit in well but DS1 can't fit his hand in to get the seatbelt buckled on his booster. Plus they are all RIGHT NEXT TO EACHOTHER. I envision lots of car fights for a while. Oh well...the seats fit in well and everyone will be safe so I am going to run with that positive note I guess.
Another member of the 3-in-a-row club here. Mine are in a '99 Civic. The baby has already been whacked in the head by a big brother.

Mama to Peter (3/8/04), Leo (3/12/06), Timothy (7/24/10), and boy #4 due on the summer solstice 2014
#74 of 145 Old 08-06-2010, 10:29 PM

I took the boys down to the beach at the river this afternoon. I was holding hands with Bryn who's 5, we were about 5 inches into the water and I tripped over a rock and took a header. I have a big bloody gash in the center of my left shin. NICE. As I'm getting out I see the guy who has paid me the last 2.5 years to teach yoga for runners to his private group. He's like, "nice balance yogi". Well, there is no balance for me right now, I'm afraid to walk at this point. I went into Lululemon this afternoon to say hi to a friend, and another girl in there asked if I would show her how to come into scorpion, an arm balance/inversion. I was able to explain it to her, and help her into it, but couldnt' do it myself because I didnt' want the babe to flip to breech in an inversion. Sigh, I am ready to have mad yoga skills back, or just the ability to balance walking!

Aidan 8/11/99 Bryn 9/7/04 Jardin is here! 8/23/10 ~Kindness is My Religion~ Dalai Lama
#75 of 145 Old 08-06-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Sigh, I am ready to have mad yoga skills back, or just the ability to balance walking!
I have no mad yoga skills, but I totally want my body back. I don't know if it's just cause this is round three and I am SO over it, but I'm much, much crankier this time around. About everything, but especially about everything pregnancy-related. For the longest time when anyone would ask me "How're you feeling?" in a pleasant and chipper voice I would have to consciously suppress the interior snarl "I AM NOT SICK!!!" And then I'd feel like such a jerk while I'd plaster a fake smile on my face and respond appropriately
I'd like to have baby out, body (sorta) back and moods (relatively) equalized!

But, the prodromally stuff has become quite crampy today so I'm brewing up some super-strength RRL infusion and starting to chug it tomorrow after the chiro visit. If nothing else, maybe it will help make the "fake" contractions more purposeful (hey, a gal can wish, right?)

me, wife to dh, the movie geek (7/01), mama to ds1, budding Star Wars geek (10/05), dd, budding princess of the dirt (03/08) and ds2, budding extrovert. watch out! (8/10).
#76 of 145 Old 08-07-2010, 09:25 AM

[QUOTE=MonP'titBoudain;15708955]I have no mad yoga skills, but I totally want my body back. I don't know if it's just cause this is round three and I am SO over it, but I'm much, much crankier this time around. About everything, but especially about everything pregnancy-related. For the longest time when anyone would ask me "How're you feeling?" in a pleasant and chipper voice I would have to consciously suppress the interior snarl "I AM NOT SICK!!!" And then I'd feel like such a jerk while I'd plaster a fake smile on my face and respond appropriately
I'd like to have baby out, body (sorta) back and moods (relatively) equalized!
QUOTE]

This is my 4th full term pregnancy and I totally feel you. I want my body back. I'm so much crankier this time around. I'm over it! Been there done that, I just want to hold the baby!! haha And the whole "How are you feeling today" thing! UGH!!!!! I got that from the moment I told people I was expecting. And I did crack. I finally got sick of this one girl asking, even though she was trying to be polite. It just came out like she expected me to feel sick and crappy like something was wrong with me. I felt fine. So finally one day she asked and I was just having a day as it was and I said "I'm FINE! I'm not sick. Nothing is wrong with me. I'm just pregnant! I feel just as good as I did before I was pregnant! Please, stop treating me like I have a disease!" I felt bad because I made her cry, but she asked me EVERY DAY!

Now I'm getting the "So when are you due again?" "Has the baby come yet?" "Maybe the baby will come on this person's birthday!" "Oh missed that person's birthday but this person's birthday is coming up." "You should have the baby on this day." "Don't have the baby on that day." Umm #1 - Baby's due date is the day God and baby agree baby is ready to come Earthside! I don't care what the doctor's said it is, because I've NEVER had a baby on their "due date". #2 I do not control this baby's entry into this world so stop telling me when to give birth!!! #3 If I'd had the baby I would've told you. I haven't actually blown my lid and said that to people who make those comments. I just bite my tongue. It makes waiting zenfully a bit harder, though. Especially seeing all the mama's who do have their babies in their arms already.

This is why I become somewhat reclusive at the end.
#77 of 145 Old 08-07-2010, 11:19 AM

I am still working and if ONE MORE PERSON asks me "Still here?" or "Still pregnant?" or "Sure it's not twins?" I am going to go postal on someone. OBVIOUSLY I am STILL VERY PREGNANT! I totally realize how huge and disturbing I look right now. I do not need to be reminded by redundant questions!

And yes, I want my body back. I want to be able to sleep on my back or stomach again, my hips are killing me by morning from sleeping on my side. I want to be able to poop normally, and walk normally and not look like an overweight sea lion.

Crunchy Christian Wife and Mommy to awesome DH and DD1 (4/25/07) and DD2 (8/13/10)
#78 of 145 Old 08-07-2010, 11:30 AM

Haha, "an overweight sea lion!" That's the *perfect* description!

miss_nikki, I hadn't thought about it in connection to my crankiness, but I get really reclusive at the end too. I just don't want to deal with people!

me, wife to dh, the movie geek (7/01), mama to ds1, budding Star Wars geek (10/05), dd, budding princess of the dirt (03/08) and ds2, budding extrovert. watch out! (8/10).
#79 of 145 Old 08-07-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
but couldnt' do it myself because I didnt' want the babe to flip to breech in an inversion. Sigh, I am ready to have mad yoga skills back, or just the ability to balance walking!
Would down dog be a no-no then? Because we do that every week in my prenatal class and it seems to me like it wouldn't be the best position...

Oh yeah, and I'm crazy cranky too with all the calls, emails, facebook messages etc. I finally but this as my facebook status...

http://haveyouhadthatbabyyet.com/

#80 of 145 Old 08-07-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyrobynne View Post
Another member of the 3-in-a-row club here. Mine are in a '99 Civic. The baby has already been whacked in the head by a big brother.
Glad I am not the only one that understands this madness Sadly, I am sure there will be lots of wacking eachother, baby included, in my future too

#81 of 145 Old 08-07-2010, 01:48 PM

today sucks. i want this baby OUT!
#82 of 145 Old 08-07-2010, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matey View Post
today sucks. i want this baby OUT!
I feel the same way today!

#83 of 145 Old 08-07-2010, 02:40 PM

[QUOTE=Evie's Mama;15710032]Would down dog be a no-no then? Because we do that every week in my prenatal class and it seems to me like it wouldn't be the best position...

QUOTE]

No hips above the heart. So, in my prenatal training we are taught not to teach downdog in a prenatal class sequence. Every type is different though, I am even starting to see more and more pregnant women in Bikram

Today I am taking it easy, and hang at the house. I just ate 2 of the biggest bowls of cereal ever. I dont' know where the room came from, but I'm expecting heartburn anytime now. I really only want to eat cereal for some reason during this pregnancy. I can't handle milk, I can feel it curdle in my stomach, but I've been doing it anyway.

#84 of 145 Old 08-07-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
I feel the same way today!
I just drank a big mug of hot rrl tea, followed by a lunch that was very spicy (well, to me anyway, dh said my small amount of spice cooled down his mouth from his lots of spice, but I am VERY sensitive to hot) and then had sex, thanking dh for the prostaglandin help when it was over. Now I am going to walk all over the grocery store and later, will walk more. And then I will have more sex. I am doing what I can.
#85 of 145 Old 08-07-2010, 04:25 PM

Quote:
I just drank a big mug of hot rrl tea, followed by a lunch that was very spicy (well, to me anyway, dh said my small amount of spice cooled down his mouth from his lots of spice, but I am VERY sensitive to hot) and then had sex, thanking dh for the prostaglandin help when it was over. Now I am going to walk all over the grocery store and later, will walk more. And then I will have more sex. I am doing what I can.
That actually sounds like a pretty fun day to me, pregnant or not!

Crunchy Christian Wife and Mommy to awesome DH and DD1 (4/25/07) and DD2 (8/13/10)
#86 of 145 Old 08-07-2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Atleast you are doing something to try to help, I am just complaining alot I do have RRL I will go make some tea now. I want to eat something spicy but I am afraid of having an upset stomach. Normally I love spicy but right now I don't feel like it would be a good idea. And sex...well DH keeps trying but I don't think it is going to happen. I just can't even imagen how at this point. Poor DH

#87 of 145 Old 08-07-2010, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_nikki View Post

Now I'm getting the "So when are you due again?" "Has the baby come yet?" "Maybe the baby will come on this person's birthday!" "Oh missed that person's birthday but this person's birthday is coming up." "You should have the baby on this day." "Don't have the baby on that day." Umm #1 - Baby's due date is the day God and baby agree baby is ready to come Earthside! I don't care what the doctor's said it is, because I've NEVER had a baby on their "due date". #2 I do not control this baby's entry into this world so stop telling me when to give birth!!! #3 If I'd had the baby I would've told you. I haven't actually blown my lid and said that to people who make those comments. I just bite my tongue. It makes waiting zenfully a bit harder, though. Especially seeing all the mama's who do have their babies in their arms already.
oh, I feel ya, 100%. My personal favorite, when I tell someone I've gone a whopping one or--gasp!--two days past the "due date"--"WHY HAVEN'T THEY INDUCED YOU YET??" or, of course, "So, when are you going to get induced?"

5*10*15*20****25****30***35****40*42
#88 of 145 Old 08-07-2010, 05:13 PM

I'm not to the point of doing anything to help labor start, but I'm ready to think about it for sure. My pelvis hurts so bad I can't imagine suffering like this for another 2 weeks or more.
#89 of 145 Old 08-07-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
I'm not to the point of doing anything to help labor start, but I'm ready to think about it for sure. My pelvis hurts so bad I can't imagine suffering like this for another 2 weeks or more.
Yes, the pelvis pain is horrible. 2 weeks ago I said I couldn't imagine going another two weeks, and here I am. This morning I just laid down on my bed because it hurt so bad and I got all teary. That is why I am really trying to push things today.
#90 of 145 Old 08-07-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COgirl19 View Post
That actually sounds like a pretty fun day to me, pregnant or not!
Ha, maybe if I didnt feel so disgusting. I told DH to keep me covered up, because I felt so gross.

Quote:
Atleast you are doing something to try to help, I am just complaining alot I do have RRL I will go make some tea now. I want to eat something spicy but I am afraid of having an upset stomach. Normally I love spicy but right now I don't feel like it would be a good idea. And sex...well DH keeps trying but I don't think it is going to happen. I just can't even imagen how at this point. Poor DH
DH has been feeling the dry spell for the fast few weeks, too. Believe, I dont desire it, it was better once things got going, but still, I hate having the big fat belly in the way.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page