Pedicure? Waxing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-05-2010, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else thinking of doing a few nice things for yourself before they become not an option? I'm 31 and had my first pedicure back in June. It was nice I can no longer shave down there, and would like everything clean, I dont' know why, I think it may be a neurotic thing due to years of lane swimming and not wanting to be the girl with the "bush". I'm so bored out of my mind, I did my hair, put on make-up, and I'm considering going and getting a pedicure. What else do I do? It will get me out of the house and I only have to sit there. I'm going to think long and hard on the waxing, hahaha.

I guess it might be good to do a few things for myself before she comes and I end up in an oversized t-shirt, greasy hair, and house sandles for the next 2-3 months.

Aidan 8/11/99 Bryn 9/7/04 Jardin is here! 8/23/10 ~Kindness is My Religion~ Dalai Lama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2010, 09:49 PM

Hmm! Haircut, massage, manicure, facial.. hmmm... go to a movie alone and enjoy it!
As far as waxing goes I personally don't feel up to it right now myself. But I have some awesome electric razor that cleans it all up and I just use a mirror (and some twisting flexing stuff to get it all done!)
Old 08-05-2010, 09:52 PM

I had a pedicure the day of my baby shower the 10th of july, and my big toes still look amazing, they did them pink with a pretty flower on them, but my smaller toes it's all chipping off, I have been thinking about either taking the polish off the small ones and redoing them myself, or spending the money for another pedicure just because I really do deserve to do something lol

Nicki wife to Rich, Mama to 7 y/o DS, and a beautiful Princess Aug 2010
Old 08-05-2010, 10:00 PM

I get pedicures regularly. They are my one treat. I got one when DD was a week old, it felt great to get away for 45 minutes. I get them every 2-3 weeks and don't plan to stop.

''''

Old 08-05-2010, 10:53 PM

Just had all this done yesterday. Figured I deserve some pampering before all chaos breaks loose!

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:10 AM - Thread Starter

Haha! I went to get the pedicure and there were 2 other pregnant women there! I guess when it's 95 and you can't do much, it's something?

Aidan 8/11/99 Bryn 9/7/04 Jardin is here! 8/23/10 ~Kindness is My Religion~ Dalai Lama
Old 08-06-2010, 08:24 AM

Just a word of advice. I went and got waxed "down there" for my first son, and let me tell you it HURT way worse than normal (and at that point I was pretty religious about waxing...) I would suggest a Tylenol or two before you go, if you go. Pedicures are awesome! I would LOVE to get one, but we live in the middle of the boondocks in the middle of nowhere, so my options are limited. Right now that amounts to my DH scrubbing my feet with the pumice stone in the bath and painting the end of every toe (mostly.) Good luck...but definitely do something for yourself!
Old 08-07-2010, 03:40 AM

i got a haircut today and a massage last week. i think my massage motivated the baby to drop! i've thought about a pedicure but i can't stand the smell in those places of the polish and stuff. as for waxing, i've wanted to get my armpits done but for the bikini line, i can't even see it and i don't want to be dealing with ingrown hairs while in labor! so that will be on hold. but i'd love another massage.

DD: 8/10

User Tag List