Labor- maybe? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-06-2010, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I started having pretty good contractions while watching a movie last night. (Pirate Radio was great, btw!) Went to bed and had them on and off all night- woke this morning to a severe backache, got up and walked, decided to make a peach pie, and now they're pretty mellow. I still have a slight backache, but the contractions don't hurt at all.
Any suggestions on ways to keep this going? I'm 40 weeks on Sunday and I want to meet this kid! DH and I have been lovemaking frequently, and I plan on a long walk with my dog today. I don't have any evening primrose or castor oil, but I do need to go to the co-op today so I could get some.
Spicy food is kind of out as it gives me instant and viscous heartburn.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 08-06-2010, 09:25 AM

Cook with Basil and oregano. Nipple stimulation. Prayer...and baby coaxing. Relax let the baby know it is time and you are ready. Walk on a curb...one foot on the curb one foot in the gutter. Do the twist/belly rotations. Just some things I have heard. Good luck.

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

#3 of 4 Old 08-06-2010, 10:48 AM

And keep moving... walking, dancing, whatever! Maybe drink some strong red raspberry leaf tea to help settle things in a pattern, or just for the sheer enjoyment of it! Good luck!

me, wife to dh, the movie geek (7/01), mama to ds1, budding Star Wars geek (10/05), dd, budding princess of the dirt (03/08) and ds2, budding extrovert. watch out! (8/10).
#4 of 4 Old 08-06-2010, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sounds like me the last couple of nights. They start up every night and then just turn to cramps and discomfort/back pain mostly during the day. I hope it doesn't last too long for you!

Elizabeth - Doing life with Scott partners.gif

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png
adoptionheart-1.gif  Follow our journey  mdcblog5.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page