Ugh... I just ate two pieces of pie! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 08-09-2010, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My philosophy right now is: Very soon I'm going to have to watch what I eat, so for the next few days I'm going to indulge in whatever I want!

It's "cute" if a pregnant woman eats two pieces of pie but I won't be able to get away with that next month.

Anyone else indulging in your last week(s) of pregnancy? Honestly, to me it's one of the biggest perks of pregnancy. It might be why I have six children.

Catholic homeschooling mom of two daughters and four sons... baby Mark born on 8/27/10. Kidney Disease Awareness
#2 of 19 Old 08-09-2010, 04:04 PM

yum. I want two pieces of pie. was is blueberry? i think i'm going to make a blueberry pie today. i ate a half of container of ben and jerry's ice cream yesterday. it felt soooo good. indulge....

Island mama to DD (10), DS (5), DS (4) and DD (Aug 31 '10)
#3 of 19 Old 08-09-2010, 04:05 PM

Me, me, me!!! I have been thinking that way for the past 3 weeks. I need this baby to come so I dont blow up! Actually, my weight hasnt changed at all in the last three weeks, so I havent felt bad about it at all!
#4 of 19 Old 08-09-2010, 04:34 PM

Hahhah! That's so me. My OB keeps telling me to watch sugar (blah blah blah) because I didn't do the GD test. But they did an ultrasound to check weight to see if she was "huge" (while not accurate, I know, she was like 58th percentile so WHATEVER.) and I haven't gained anything for over 14 weeks SO I'm eating whatever I want.
I made chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts... mmmm! (I'm not superwoman - the dough is from cake mix!) Yum yum yum. And I had a raspberry milkshake last night.
#5 of 19 Old 08-09-2010, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Up until week 36 (last week) i have done -so- well. Only gained 30 pounds, everyone keeps saying how thin I am for being so far along (yay!), and I have had no cravings at all! So, as a "reward" I'm eating more desserts as of late. Yikes!

I'm a nutritionist... don't tell my students/clients
#6 of 19 Old 08-09-2010, 05:03 PM

If you're breastfeeding, you need to up your calories after baby's here, so let that enable you/me/us!

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

#7 of 19 Old 08-09-2010, 06:02 PM

What kind of pie? Why wasn't I invited?

I have been CRAVING a pumpkin pie like crazy. And now, this thread has encouraged me to call my mother and ask her to make me one.

Tonight, I'll probably thank Jesus for the gift of good pie.

Wife to a bearded dude.
Mama to DS [05/21/08] & DD [09/16/10] 43 weeks 1 day!
#8 of 19 Old 08-09-2010, 09:23 PM

Not pie, but I ate a whole bag of cheese puffs. They were the all natural/no trans-fat kind, but still. I looked on the label (after I ate the whole bag) and saw that it was supposed to be 7 servings at 150 calories each. Umm...geez...didn't SEEM like over 1000 calories when I was eating them.

Two pieces of pie would most likely be a better indulgence. At least there is fruit in pie (or veggies, for pumpkin pie).

CD'ing, homebirthing, milk making school teacher. Supporting my family on my income and trying to get out of debt in 2013!
#9 of 19 Old 08-09-2010, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarlady View Post
Two pieces of pie would most likely be a better indulgence. At least there is fruit in pie (or veggies, for pumpkin pie).
Unless it was chocolate cream pie!
#10 of 19 Old 08-09-2010, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter

It was a peach pie. Just a frozen, grocery-store pie... but it was sooo good!

The sad thing was that I bought it for my family on Friday and I ate the entire thing myself by today (Monday).

Oops. Sorry, kids!

Catholic homeschooling mom of two daughters and four sons... baby Mark born on 8/27/10. Kidney Disease Awareness
#11 of 19 Old 08-09-2010, 10:06 PM

thanks for the inspiration! blueberry pie is in the oven, it smells so good and I can't wait to eat 2 or maybe 3 pieces tonight! I can barely walk because of severe back pain, but i sure can make a blueberry pie!

Island mama to DD (10), DS (5), DS (4) and DD (Aug 31 '10)
#12 of 19 Old 08-09-2010, 10:44 PM

Oh peach pie is my fave!! I've totally taken that stance though-I had pie and cupcakes over the weekend

Lisa, mama to A (3/05) and R (11/07) and L (8/10)
#13 of 19 Old 08-09-2010, 11:46 PM

Oh to indulge in all those sugary treats! I wish! I have GD so I have to watch it. If I come up negative after the baby is born I am going to binge on a most delicious home made pineapple upside down cake! I never make them because I could literally eat the whole thing by myself..to my families chagrin! Oh bother I should have never opened this thread. A yummy gooey chocolate cake..from Olive Garden I think. So moist and delicious. The horrible thing is I usually avoid this stuff like the plague, but with all the carb/calorie counting my body seems to want it more. I can only binge once after the baby is born, because my babes are usually allergic to wheat and dairy. It gives them horrible gas the first year.

Wife to Dh and homeschooling, mother to DD16  DS12  DS9  DS5  DS3. Due with 6th child in March 2014.

#14 of 19 Old 08-10-2010, 09:21 AM

I have been attacking brownies like crazy the last week or so. Tonight (if no baby) we'll be making peach pie and peach ice cream with the peck of peaches we bought from a festival this weekend. I love peach pie!

Andrea , wife to Mark , mama to Taylor Elise (2) and Aurora Evelyn (born 8/17/10!)
#15 of 19 Old 08-10-2010, 10:03 AM

DH and I went to a southern cooking type place for dinner last night, where I gorged on hot rolls, coutry fried steak, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, and fried okra. It was wonderful and I left feeling so stuffed.
#16 of 19 Old 08-10-2010, 10:52 AM

Oh I LOVE fried okra! I even planted some in my garden this year but it was a total fail. I am craving peach pie now (thanks Village Mom) and my GMIL's famous caramel cake....mmmm.....

Crunchy Christian Wife and Mommy to awesome DH and DD1 (4/25/07) and DD2 (8/13/10)
#17 of 19 Old 08-10-2010, 02:10 PM

All I could think when I saw the thread was, "mmm...two pieces of pie, yum!"

I'm an "everything in moderation," "don't deny yourself because that only makes you want to binge on the forbidden food" kind of girl. I'm kind of fanatical in my frustration with the idea that it is somehow a woman's obligation to be in constant denial and have a guilt/reward/punishment relationship with food. Makes me angry. Eat, be happy, feel good about yourself. Exercise, make good overall food choices. You'll be healthy.

Co-sleeping, Breastfeeding, EC'ing, Baby-wearing, Homebirthing mama to two fabulous girls 6/2007 and 8/2010
#18 of 19 Old 08-10-2010, 02:18 PM

I got a free white chocolate macadamia nut cookie fresh from the oven today at work because it is the 127th birthday of our company's founder. I don't feel guilty, though. I've been pretty good throughout the pregnancy (after the first trimester french fry eating binges), and it's my due date!

Katie (36)

Married mom to Patrick (2004), Noah (2006) and Liam (2010) VBAC!!
winner.jpg                                        nocirc.gif                                  jumpers.gif
#19 of 19 Old 08-10-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSheepPDX View Post
I'm an "everything in moderation," "don't deny yourself because that only makes you want to binge on the forbidden food" kind of girl. I'm kind of fanatical in my frustration with the idea that it is somehow a woman's obligation to be in constant denial and have a guilt/reward/punishment relationship with food. Makes me angry. Eat, be happy, feel good about yourself. Exercise, make good overall food choices. You'll be healthy.
Oh, I wish it were this easy for me. I would love to not view food as guilt/reward/punishment. I am the textbook emotional over-eater. Over the past couple weeks as I have gotten increasingly frustrated with still being pregnant, there have been more binges, more nights out to eat even though we don't have the budget for that, and overall trying to eat my discomfort away. And although I am heavy now, I was much heavier in the past. I lost 80 pounds after I had my ds. So, I am getting a little stressed as i start having to face my guilt/reward/punishment eating problem head on once again as I stop having an excuse to eat more (even though I really didnt have an excuse in the first place).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page