Birth Buddies! This could be it for MFQ - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 08-10-2010, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
MyFillingQuiver let me know she may be in early labor!
She's got some signs and a 10 am MW appt. She'll try to keep me posted, but you know how that goes.

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

#2 of 10 Old 08-10-2010, 04:53 PM

Woohoo, sending good labor vibes

~Beth~
Mom to 3 sweet girls
#3 of 10 Old 08-10-2010, 05:39 PM

Yay!!!! ELVs!!!

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#4 of 10 Old 08-10-2010, 05:50 PM

Good luck MFQ!

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#5 of 10 Old 08-10-2010, 06:12 PM

ELVs! Good luck!

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone
#6 of 10 Old 08-10-2010, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter

Got another update. Things have sort of slowed down a bit. When she is up and moving around, they pick up. Her MW says it's unlikely that things would take off with the kiddos awake and things may begin in earnest once everyone is in bed. Either way, things are getting closer!

typos likely

#7 of 10 Old 08-10-2010, 11:03 PM

So, last night I totally felt "off". I had a ravenous craving, ate a bit of it, and then the nausea began. I could tell bub shifted even lower, and I began to get crampy...then through the night I had random painful contractions, and a good ole' fashioned bowel cleaning out.

I woke up and immediately was taken aback by the big time menstrual cramps/backache and contractions every 4 or so minutes. For. Hours. My MW even pronounced it was likely baby day.

Then, around 1 or so, it petered out. Since I was already in a pattern, I tried some light natural methods-had DH come home, used the breast pump, walked like crazy, lots of RRL tea, etc. When walking they'd be really strong, but when I stopped, they did. Finally I was just pooped and decided that I figured real labor wouldn't need so much prodding once it had begun, so I'd take a minute and put my feet up..this was around 3 I think, and nothing much happened after that.

My MW checked me at 4:30 to make sure we weren't missing something and I needed the GBS anyway. I was really "squishy" and dilated to a 1.5..something major for me, as I never make a change before labor.

So, while I feel like an idiot, (and never thought I'd go before 40 weeks at least-but it sure convinced me after hours of it!) I know it did some good, and I'm even MORE relaxed about waiting until it's time. My body will know, right? I hope so..

Thanks for the well-wishes, and so sorry for being a goof false alarm here.

Blessings to all you mama's and mama's to be!

Blessed Christian Wife and Mother to 5 +Oliver James-Our 10 lb 9 oz born Labor Day 2010!
#8 of 10 Old 08-11-2010, 12:59 AM

Oh, I'm sorry things have stopped for you! You sound content with where things are though (I'm super impressed with that.... I think I'd be in a puddle on the floor). In any case, it really can't be too much longer!

me, wife to dh, the movie geek (7/01), mama to ds1, budding Star Wars geek (10/05), dd, budding princess of the dirt (03/08) and ds2, budding extrovert. watch out! (8/10).
#9 of 10 Old 08-11-2010, 01:05 AM - Thread Starter

Like I was telling MFQ, last sat nite I had this happen to me. Called MW and everything. It petered out as well. At least we know we're getting close, right?

typos likely

#10 of 10 Old 08-11-2010, 01:05 AM

I'm sorry labor didn't follow through. Don't feel silly, though, it sounds like it was a tricky one. But good news that it wasn't for nothing. I hope the 'real' thing (you know, the one that ends in a baby ) will happen for you soon!!!

Happily unmarried to DP guitar.gifParenting: DD (March '06) energy.gifwaterbirth.jpg, DS (August '10) fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg, and our furry kids dog2.gifGuiney Pig, dog2.gifPo the POlice, and cat.gifMrs. Puff. Loving WAHM life in the Mortgage Bizz with DP.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page