baby envy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-10-2010, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i have total baby envy! i want to hold my baby already! i'm totally into reading birth stories right now, but they also make me jealous. and i'm not going near the postpartum thread . i'm only 37w5d, so i could still be a month away from holding my baby.

who's with me?

mama to DS born 9/7/05, DD born 8/20/07, DS born 9/4/10 and DS born 11/26/13

Loving our chaotic, crunchy, homeschooling life!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2010, 09:35 PM

I'm due at the end of the month. I'm going a little squirrely too. Everyone looks at me with such pity, especially all the moms and teachers (they're all moms too) at my sons school. I keep telling myself, at least I still have time to get a pedicure and finish getting photos from the last two years developed and put into albums. Small consolation.

Don't trust anyone under 5! Mom to 3 boys under 5. Blogging to save my sanity.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:15 PM

I'm 37 wks 3 days, so I'm right there with you. I slipped and pulled a muscle and am having to stay semi down to allow it to heal before labor. It makes me a bit crazy watching my house deteriorate but I don't mind not going places and getting rude (to me) remarks about how big I am.

My MW goes out of town Sept 1, so gotta (and will) have a baby before then.

Good to know I'm not the only one at the end. So many of our mamas have gone early. And I've just never done that (this is my fourth).

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

Old 08-12-2010, 01:10 PM

I'm right there with you guys! I'm not due until August 23, but a friend who was due two weeks after me just had her baby and I'm so jealous. I know it's childish but I'm wanting to see my baby! My first son was born 40w1d so I haven't even really been thinking this little boy will come early, but I'm sooooo ready. I keep repeating "he will be born when he is ready" over and over. Ugh. I remember this from last time, it's so hard to be patient when every morning you wake up and think "wouldn't it be cool if I had a baby today?"

~Lindsay, mama to Gunnar (5)  and George (brand new!) 
Old 08-12-2010, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

I have a friend due August 23/24, but who has her babies 7-10 days early. She hasn't even had the baby yet, and I'm already jealous! My kids came at 40w6d and 40w1d, so I'm sure this one won't come early. I'm having all these crazy giving birth dreams, which is not helping! Though the one I had last night was stressful rather than just ridiculous. Though it is funny in retrospect.

I can feel my body gearing up for birth, but in a I'll-be-having-a-baby-within-the-next-month kind of way and not anything serious. Constant painless BH, cervix twinges, the ligaments in my pelvis are definitely loose/stretchy. You know you have it bad when you would welcome prodromal labor! My dr is out of town till Monday, so I'm trying to tell myself I don't want my baby to come right now anyway. It's sorta helping. After two weeks of not caring about anything, yesterday I woke up thinking of all the stuff I wanted to get done that day. And did get to most of it. I was hopeful it was that last minute nesting before labor starts, but today I'm back to not caring. Of course the fact I woke up early today and couldn't go back to sleep because of that stressful dream probably has something to do with it. It's only 8:30 in the morning and I'm already exhausted.

mama to DS born 9/7/05, DD born 8/20/07, DS born 9/4/10 and DS born 11/26/13

Loving our chaotic, crunchy, homeschooling life!

User Tag List